It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cricket: How do you play

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
Ben

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 05:36 PM
link   
i have seen this played on TV a couple of times but i still dont get how you play it?

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I have no idea. And I dont think I have seen it played. Anybody know?

TRD

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 05:43 PM
link   
It is quite simple.

2 teams of 11 players.
1 fields the other bats.
6 balls bowled per over then they change ends.
Object is to score as many runs as possible,by running between the wickets 1 run for each time,hitting the ball outside of the boundary with it bouncing 4 runs,without bouncing 6 runs.
Team with the most runs wins!

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 05:45 PM
link   
oooohhhhhh ok. I still dont get it. LOL!

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 05:46 PM
link   
There are a group of guys that play cricket at a nearby soccer field, but I dont know how to play. I looked it up and it sounds similar to baseball.

A team comprises 11 men. Two batsmen are "in" play at one time. Their aim is to hit the ball as far as possible, and score points (runs) by running the 25 meters between two sets of upright poles set in the ground (wickets) while the fielding team chase the ball.

If the batsman hits the ball past the boundary of the field, he automatically scores 6 runs. The aim of the fielders is to get the batsmen "out" by: hitting the wickets by bowling the ball past the batsman's guard, by catching the ball after the batsman has hit it or by hitting the wicket with the ball while the batsmen are running between wickets.

After the batting team are all "out" the fielding team come "in." The team that wins is the one with the most runs.

www.ematchfixing.com...

Ben

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 05:46 PM
link   
if that is what you call easy i would like to see what is hard

TRD

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Good description PA. I couldn't add any more to it.
Cricket is a worldwide sport England,Australia,India,Pakistan,West Indies,New Zealand,Sri Lanka just to name a few countries that play.

[Edited on 6-4-2003 by TRD]

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I didnt see your explanation TRD. I still dont quite understand it, even though I read all the rules.

TRD

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I suppose it sounds hard but it isn't,if you play it once or try to see it on the T.V you will see how simple a game it is.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 06:21 PM
link   

I suppose it sounds hard but it isn't,if you play it once or try to see it on the T.V you will see how simple a game it is.

It does sound hard. The best to see how the game works is to actually see it played. Fortunately I have like 10 different sports channels on my cable so I'll check if they show games of cricket to see for myself.

TRD

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Ocelot hope you get to see a game,must warn you don't watch it for to long it can get very boring it's not a quick game!!!!

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Ocelot hope you get to see a game,must warn you don't watch it for to long it can get very boring it's not a quick game!!!!

Note to self: Forget watching Cricket. LOL!

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 06:48 PM
link   
TRD, have you played? How do you keep track of the length, are there innings? What is the average score?

TRD

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 06:58 PM
link   

TRD, have you played?

Yes in the school team many years ago and a local side.

The Pitch is marked out (some are bigger than others) in a oval shape mainly.Around the pitch they put a boundary if the ball crosses it with at least one bounce it's 4 runs,no bounce 6 runs.
In a one day match there is one innings per team,3-5 day match two innings per team.The strip in the middle of the pitch is where you bat and bowl.

What is the average score?

There is no average score as such,but in a one day match over 250 runs is very good.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Do they have pro leagues and show them on TV?

TRD

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Yes they have pro leagues they have the county leagues and Test Matches between countries.It is a big sport in England,Australia,West Indies,Pakistan,India,Sri Lanka and lots of other places.

Here's a couple of links to have a quick look.

www.cricketworld.com...

www.cricket-online.org...

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Maybe you should start a fantasy cricket league TRD, that way you'll have the advantage of watching the games.

TRD

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 04:23 AM
link   
PA i was thinking of that...I want to do a football one maybe when we get a few more members.. we have a while to the football(soccer) season starts again after this weekend...

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   
We're going to do an American football league on here, I was saying you should do a cricket league. And you said soccer was just starting, I thought it just ended today.

TRD

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Sorry PA i said a while till the soccer starts after this weekend meaning in a couple of months time..!

Cricket is a bit boring i think soccer would be better so u better brush up on the english teams and players..:cool2:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join