It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't know what it was, but we saw it !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Saturday Night in Northern Ohio ( USA )

My girlfriend and I was driving home about 2am. When suddenly, she looks at me and I look at her and she says " oh, you saw that too" I said "yeah", "but I don't know what it was".

The skies were partly cloudy... all of a sudden a bright white light appeared out of nowhere, maybe about 1/2 mile or so up in the sky, about 1/2-3/4 of a mile away from us...

the light appears, more of a circle in shape... sort of..
then streaks almost downward towards the ground, but at an angle, then it looked like starburst or sparks and then it disappeared, the best part of this is that as it was heading towards the ground, it appeared to slow down.

The entire sighting lasted about 15 seconds.

This was really cool, because since joining ATS and sharing stories with my gal, "who is / was a non believer"... I had been wishing that she would see something that couldn't be explained, and now we have !

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 10:48 AM
link   
your description of it's motion and action is rather vague...you sure it wasn't a flare or fireworks? the angle from you perspective may have been the cause of the "slow down"? I don't know? either way, sounds pretty cool

you should both write down your descriptions of the events, and compare them....sometimes when you talk about them, it's easier to come to the same conclusions thus clouding the specifics. By individualy writting them down, you won't "contaminate" each others details...

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Never mind

[Edited on 1-12-2003 by LeenBekkemaa]

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 10:57 AM
link   
yeah, I know the description is vauge, I don't know how to describe what we saw, that's the best I could do.

She first said what a bout a shooting star... I've only seen a couple in the past and this didn't look like one. It appeared too close to the ground... I guess..

I doubt it was fireworks, 2 am and the temp was 35-40degrees... however, could have been kids I guess.

I still think it's cool, just for the fact that I had been wishing that she would see something unexplainable and she finally did !

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I have seen something just like that. I have seen quite a few "shooting stars" and 2 fireballs in my life. I have also seen something that was much brighter than a shooting star...but not a fireball. It was a white ball, that broke up as it came down. I always assumed it was a meteorite. Maybe it is a different phenomona. But I know exactly what you are describing.

I wish I could see something like that again.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 02:00 PM
link   
My G/F asked me, if we wanted to report that who do we call ? I told her are you nuts.. I don't want people knocking on my door asking me what I saw !

Then I was joking with her, that I was going to post our sighting on ATS and that the MIB's would be coming to the house to let us know, that we really didn't see anything and to forget it.

She said, I hope they don't use that "bright light stick" thingy.... It would give me a headache....

new topics

top topics

join