It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

world aids day today 1/12/03

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 08:11 AM
link   
apparently here in UK someone every 90 mins is diagnosed with aids, hmm thats alot is it not????

[Edited on 1-12-2003 by blobby]

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by blobby
apparently here in UK someone every 90 mins is diagnosed with aids, hmm thats alot is it not????

You seem to post alot of random facts with nothing to support them or for no reason. I am not saying that today isnt world aids day in the UK. And I am not saying that isnt alot of people to be diagnosed. Do you have a link or a story to go with this statment? Or are you just looking to collect points?

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 08:31 AM
link   
its WORLD AIDS day not just UK, the whole world

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I every 90 mins, that does seem to be alot

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 09:42 AM
link   
It actually works out to be about 5840 a year. It doesnt seem as high as I would have thought to be honest. It still sucks.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by blobby

Do they??? i never knew it was that bad over here. It would be nice if you post a link to a article or something to back up this claim.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 09:47 AM
link   
i think this was discussed on newsnight, but im not sure

[Edited on 1-12-2003 by infinite]

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 12:37 PM
link   
They should make HIV testing mandatory for everyone. There are people out there who dont know they have it and continue to spread it.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
They should make HIV testing mandatory for everyone. There are people out there who dont know they have it and continue to spread it.

in theory I agree, but that's fine line to walk imposing such things upon free citizens...not mention costly to implement. People need to be responsible for their own health and the health of those they have sex with.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by exdog

Originally posted by jrod

in theory I agree, but that's fine line to walk imposing such things upon free citizens...not mention costly to implement. People need to be responsible for their own health and the health of those they have sex with.

~~++~~

I think most Ethical Doctors
have the HIV done when there is a blood sample taken

(at least for their own information & protection)

BTW, my VA Dr. had my tests of blood to incl hiv,cholestrols,red&wht...well, all the usual and then some, blood analyses=== AOK [wed 26 nov]
~~~+++~~~

my view on the 'right to privacy' issue.
& their 'personal responsibility'...

Lethal weapons & dangerous substances are reasonably controlled in most societies...
measures are taken to protect innocents from these items.
a HIV or AIDs infected person is a lethal threat instrument
measures must exist to forwarn innocents that a potential danger exists... so they may be given an opportunity to make an informed choice

...its a STICKEY-WICKET situation...

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 02:02 PM
link   

About 6,000 youngsters become infected with the HIV virus every day, the equivalent of one every 14 seconds, according to the UN Population Fund (UNFPA). The majority are female.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The problem with testing everyone is that most of the people, IMO that dont get tested are pretty afraid to hear the results. If they do get tested and come up positive, I just would think that would increase the suicide rate worldwide. Not saying this is true, but this is my editorial piece for the day.

Anyways - AIDS - I think it's important for people to become more educated on the disease. Especially the differance between having HIV and full blown Aids.

top topics

join