It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASCAR: Women and Racing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I heard about this spanish girl out there that races open wheeled cars... i think a USAC Midget... her name is Ginny Quinones... i heard shes good... anyone kno nething bout her??

What is your views on women and racing??
Do they belong?

[Edited on 6/26/06 by NOFEARracer9]

[Edited on 6/26/06 by NOFEARracer9]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Ginny Quinones Racing

Sounds like a person with some impressive skills.

A few 'women-folk' have tried to do well in NEXTEL Cup,...very few have made a name for themselves.

I do not think its for lack of skill or ability though.

Imho,... a woman could easily beat a man, if they were able to use that 'instinct' that we all know they have.

A field full of men can be quite intimidating no doubt,... but if that can be ignored and focus maintained, I doubt that she couldnt realize her dreams.

I look forward to seeing a woman with the racer's desire going across the finish line myself.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
well this girl hopes to make it to Nascar someday.. could it be possible... do you think she'll make it?

TRD

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I dont see why women cant race with the men, there is no rules to say they cant as far as i know. As long as they are strong and skilfull enough to do it..

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Though she hasn't won a race, Danica Patrick has been competitive in the IRL, I think that proves that there is no reason that women can't compete with men on a race course.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOFEARracer9
well this girl hopes to make it to Nascar someday.. could it be possible... do you think she'll make it?

Well lets take a look at her resume'....

Hickory Motor Speedway, NC (Asphalt)
Tri County Motor Speedway, NC (Asphalt)
South Boston Speedway, NC (Asphalt)
Friendship Motor Speedway, NC (Asphalt)
Kentucky Motor Speedway, KY (Asphalt)
Belleville High Banks, KS (Dirt)
Anderson Speedway, SC (Asphalt)
Columbus Motor Speedway, OH

Definitely getting some seat time at the right tracks....

If I were to recommend the fast-track to Cup,.. I would suggest cutting her teeth at Caraway Speedway for at least a season. That track provides excellent stocker experiences as well as a place to get noticed. If she could kick some of those good-ol boys backside's there and show her stuff,... that would be a great place to gain some stock car practice. Lots of great up-n-comers start there. In fact, lots of current cup drivers have driven there at one time or another. Even moreso, lots of cup driver's send their kids there to gain exposure and experience. There is no coincidence.

( CLICK HERE and scroll to the bottom and take notice of a few prior champions at that track.
)
Justin Labonte
Mike Skinner
Dennis Setzer
Bobby Labonte
Clay Campbell

Just don't let them boys intimidate,.. thats their only edge. lmao.

[Edited on 04/10/03 by smirkley]

new topics

top topics

join