It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASCAR: jack daniels to sponsor stock car

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
sounds like this will be a good looking car on the track

Jack Daniel's to sponsor race car

By Associated Press
December 5, 2004
LOUISVILLE, Ky. -- The company that makes Jack Daniel's said the whiskey will be the primary sponsor of a car in the NASCAR Nextel Cup series beginning in 2005.

The Tennessee whiskey shares its Bourbon Belt past with stock-car racing, said Mike Keyes, global general manager for the brand. "Fifty-five percent of our volume is in markets where NASCAR races."

Louisville-based Brown-Forman Corp., which makes Jack Daniel's, said on Friday that racing team owner Richard Childress switched one of his cars from No. 30 to No. 07. The black Chevrolet Monte Carlo will carry the Jack Daniel's name and the Old No. 7 logo on the hood and the brand name on the rear quarter panels, deck and spoiler.

The growing popularity of NASCAR racing mirrors the growth of Jack Daniel's as a national brand, Keyes said. With NASCAR eyeing international expansion, Keyes said the brand's overseas popularity will be a good fit, too.

NASCAR lifted its ban on hard liquor sponsors last month.

TRD

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Makes me want to watch it more now, my fav tipple...

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a black race car with gold lettering....reminds me of the old "john player special" f1 car, in my opinion the prettiest race car ever

TRD

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Ah yeah Tj that was the greatest car ever!!

The lotus was one of the better looking F1 cars, especially the last picture which is a 1978 Lotus which dominated F1 racing that year...

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
it has held up well all these years, it is still a great looking car...thanks for the pics

TRD

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
No probs...

It brings back memorys from when i was a kid. Around that era was when F1 was at its best. Andretti drove for the Lotus- Ford team at the time. He won the title in 78 and was runner up the year before..

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 04:30 PM
link   
it does bring back memories only i wish i were a kid then, i saw mario win at long beach in that car with a last lap pass of i think it was lauda...colin chapman always had a top notch team

TRD

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Oh yea i always forget your older than most on here. Man i bet that was cool. I never ever went to a F1 race and i don't think i will. The tickets nowadays are sooo expensive. Quite a few hundred pounds..

My Uncle was well into the F1 back then, he was a speedway rider for Hackney and West Ham back in the 60's and 70's in the UK. He was a F1 fanatic so i was aswell...

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
speedway racing is where they have those little motorcycles on a short flat track isn't it?

TRD

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Little bikes? Some of them were pretty large and damm heavy. Took alot of skill to get them round a track.

Well yeah it can be a grass track or a dirt track. Its a short track with 4 bends. Some tracks have long straights and sharp bends, some shorter straights and sweeping bends. I spent quite a bit of time at tracks when i was a kid and rode a few times myself for the juniors. One of the best moments was when i went round the track at the world championships when Great Britain won at the track at White city on the handle bars of one of the Collins brothers in front of thousands.

My Uncle won quite alot of races but had to retire as he had a bad accident and the chain on the bike ripped his achilles apart. The bikes were pretty rapid back then as they had no restrictions. They was so loud aswell. They have changed the bikes now as they have to had a mudflap on the back wheel, plus a silencer on the exhaust also the bikes are not as fast.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
they have those races (or at least used to) down in california, i used to be able to watch them on tv...they were pretty good to watch...one of the neatest bike events that i ever saw was a round of the world trials that was held near here quite a few years ago, those guys were amazing...could go straight up a cliff...do they still have those?

TRD

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Oh yeah they have them, trails bike racing. That is cool to watch.

It amazes me how they throw the bikes about around the courses. And in some of the tournaments they are not allowed to put there feet on the ground...

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
this is great, i love JD, the coloring and letters are gonna be cool, the only problem i have is that they are sponsoring a RCR car. I can't stand RCR and his stable of drivers.

TRD

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Who drives for them Aegis?

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
this year he had Kevin Harvick, Robbie Gordon, and a host of drivers that drove the 30 car (most of them slip my mind) but Jeff Burton took it over at the end of the year). actually i really don't like Harvick, and Gordon (who got released at the end of this year, too sweet.) and he's the former car owner of Dale Earnhardt Sr. whom i couldn't stand even more than his son.

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
in the trials race that i saw they weren't allowed to touch the ground with their feet...they would have them climb logs, go up and over rocks, and up waterfalls...was really amazing what those guys could do on a bike, as i remember the spanish were the top riders at that time

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I'm still looking for the Captain Morgan car...

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I think it would be cool to see a JD car , especially in black and gold.

new topics

top topics

join