It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASCAR: kennseth and harvick penalized

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
matt kenseth and kevin harvick have been penalized by nascar for spinning each other out at the end of last weeks fiasco at pocono, more penalties may be announced later in the week

Kenseth and Harvick penalized by NASCAR

Matt Kenseth and Kevin Harvick were penalized for bumping each other at the end of the Pocono 500.
With Sunday's race about to end under caution, Harvick spun Kenseth into the infield in Turn 3 on Lap 197. Kenseth then did the same to Harvick on the backstretch on the next lap.

Both Kenseth, the 2003 series champion, and Harvick were interviewed after the race by NASCAR officials, who then dropped them to 20th and 21st. Harvick originally finished 11th, and Kenseth had finished 10th.

More penalties could be coming later this week, NASCAR president Mike Helton said.

"It boils down to a frustration level between the 17 (Kenseth) and the 29 (Harvick) that got played out on the racetrack, under caution, and that's something we frown on greatly," Helton said.

Kenseth would not comment, but Harvick said: "I don't know what his deal is. I raced him clean and cleared him and he got up underneath me and tore my back bumper.

"Then under caution, he brake-checked me and spun himself out. I don't know why he decided to try and wreck me. He needs to check his ego because it's getting too big."

join