It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic law is NOT Shariah law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Ok lemme get one thing straight, coz it seems to b quite confusing for most ppl.

Islamic law and Shariah law are NOT the same thing.

Shariah law, is tribal law, that was used for centuries to settle disputes amongst tribes. This law dates back to the time when Islam, Judaism, Christianity, were all formed. It is similar to common law, in british law. Nothing written, just practices and traditions that have for years been adhered to.

No-where in ANY islamic text does it tell you to 'chop off a mans head', or 'stone a woman to death'. That is total rubbish. Those were punishments imposed by tribal leaders in centuries gone.

Some countries have 'Shariah law', which has been seen, eaten and spat out by the propoganda machine, as 'Islamic law', when it has nothing to do with Islam. It is as much Islam as it is Judaism or Christianity.

Islam has NO law as such, but simply guidance.

There is a big difference between the two.

If a woman has an extra-marital affair -
Shariah law - stone her to death
Islamic guidance - the man should cut off three blades of grass, no thicker than a grain of rice, and strike the palm of the woman three times, with no more than 3 inches backlift. The act is meant to be symbolic, not painful.

See the difference !!!!

Iraq's ruling regime, Saudi Arabia's regime, they do NOT have Islamic laws. These are not even democracies we are talking about. The countries that you see all over the tabloids and CNN, that have torture as part of the 'Islamic punishments', are not Islamic at all.

These countries simply follow the religion of Islam. And that does not mean their laws are islamic. You tell me, is their highway code a guide to 'How to drive a car Islamically ?', where you get points on your license in the form of 'pictures of satan' for speeding ?

Bullcrap !!

If anything the nations now paraded as having these archaic laws, are actually countries which are ruled and governed by men who have been put INTO power bythe USA. Taught law by the CIA and kept in power by the same people.

Tell me what is Christian abuot keeping a man on Death Row for 12 years before burning him alive on an electric chair, or injecting him with poison ?

How Christian is Guantanemo camp x-ray ?

How Christian is the Guillotine, which was used up until 70 years ago ?

How chirstian were hangings, a favoured execution method up until 30 years ago ?

They were not CHRISTIAN, but simply practised forms of punishment in Christian countries.

Remember....there is no such thing as Islamic law.

~Messiah~

~Messiah~

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by wwviews
Ok lemme get one thing straight, coz it seems to b quite confusing for most ppl.

Islamic law and Shariah law are NOT the same thing.

Shariah law, is tribal law, that was used for centuries to settle disputes amongst tribes. This law dates back to the time when Islam, Judaism, Christianity, were all formed. It is similar to common law, in british law. Nothing written, just practices and traditions that have for years been adhered to.

No-where in ANY islamic text does it tell you to 'chop off a mans head', or 'stone a woman to death'. That is total rubbish. Those were punishments imposed by tribal leaders in centuries gone. So the rulers of these countries have made their own laws? Its all about interpretation my friend.

Some countries have 'Shariah law', which has been seen, eaten and spat out by the propoganda machine, as 'Islamic law', when it has nothing to do with Islam. It is as much Islam as it is Judaism or Christianity.

Islam has NO law as such, but simply guidance.

There is a big difference between the two.

If a woman has an extra-marital affair -
Shariah law - stone her to death
Islamic guidance - the man should cut off three blades of grass, no thicker than a grain of rice, and strike the palm of the woman three times, with no more than 3 inches backlift. The act is meant to be symbolic, not painful.Can you tell me a Islamic country that makes a man beat his wife with grass instead of being stoned?

See the difference !!!!

Iraq's ruling regime, Saudi Arabia's regime, they do NOT have Islamic laws. These are not even democracies we are talking about. The countries that you see all over the tabloids and CNN, that have torture as part of the 'Islamic punishments', are not Islamic at all.Well they sure arent Christian nations.

These countries simply follow the religion of Islam. And that does not mean their laws are islamic. You tell me, is their highway code a guide to 'How to drive a car Islamically ?', where you get points on your license in the form of 'pictures of satan' for speeding ?I don't know but , I would be willing to bet that the women of most Islamic countries would be dying to know how to drive a car period.

Bullcrap !!

If anything the nations now paraded as having these archaic laws, are actually countries which are ruled and governed by men who have been put INTO power bythe USA. Taught law by the CIA and kept in power by the same people.So let me get this straight, the USA put these men into power and then taught them law at the CIA. Well call me #s and giggles and sign me up for the CIA law degree, because if I can be a ruler of a country through that medium than well gosh-darn, Im all for it.

Tell me what is Christian abuot keeping a man on Death Row for 12 years before burning him alive on an electric chair, or injecting him with poison ?These people on death row arent there for stealing, for cheating on their spouses or for protesting against our government.

How Christian is Guantanemo camp x-ray ? How Christian is it for these people to conspire to commit terrorist acts on the US.***I am not saying I agree 100% with Git-Mo, just trying to prove a point.***

How Christian is the Guillotine, which was used up until 70 years ago ?How muslim is it to stone someone up until, well today?

How chirstian were hangings, a favoured execution method up until 30 years ago ?How is it Islamic is it to hang people up until well, today.

They were not CHRISTIAN, but simply practised forms of punishment in Christian countries.No one is saying Muslims are bad, inmatter of fact I would say the majority are good and have good intentions. Is Islam, Christianity, Judiasm or Buddihism bad? Depends on how it is interpreted.

Remember....there is no such thing as Islamic law.
Nope only extreme views on Islamic teachings.But before I end...heres a quote from what Shariah is.....
"The Qur'an is the principal source of Islamic law, the Sharia. It contains the rules by which the Muslim world is governed (or should govern itself) and forms the basis for relations between man and God, between individuals, whether Muslim or non-Muslim, as well as between man and things which are part of creation. The Sharia contains the rules by which a Muslim society is organized and governed, and it provides the means to resolve conflicts among individuals and between the individual and the state. "

~Messiah~

~Messiah~

Dreamz

[Edited on 29-11-2003 by Dreamz]

[Edited on 29-11-2003 by Dreamz]

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Can you tell me a Islamic country that makes a man beat his wife with grass instead of being stoned?
No country makes a man beat his wife with grass....but there are over 70 muslim countries in the world, less than 5 have the stoning law

Well they sure arent Christian nations.
The USA isn't a Christian nation eitherFrom World Wide Views 30/11/03

I don't know but , I would be willing to bet that the women of most Islamic countries would be dying to know how to drive a car period.
The spread of female drivers to male drivers throughout the muslim world is not as you'd imagine. PLease remember, Malaysia, Indonesia, Pakistan, Mauritious, Seychelles are all muslim countries. If you go to any of the above, you'll see LOTS of women drivers.

So let me get this straight, the USA put these men into power and then taught them law at the CIA. Well call me poo-poos and giggles and sign me up for the CIA law degree, because if I can be a ruler of a country through that medium than well gosh-darn, Im all for it.
Your ignorance is astounding. If you don't know that Bin Ladin, Saddam, the Saudi Royals, are ALL products of the CIA, then you're clearly uninformed. I'd suggest reading thru some of the great posts on this board, you'll see what I mean. These men were nobodies, till the US via the CIA made them sumthing. The CIA taught them all they know. The CIA's own training is now biting them in the ass

These people on death row arent there for stealing, for cheating on their spouses or for protesting against our government.
Even Shariah law doesn't sentence thieves or political protestors to death. Murders get a quick chop to them head in Shariah law..quick being the essential word. Not 12 years of drawn out agony knowing you're going to die.

How Christian is it for these people to conspire to commit terrorist acts on the US.***I am not saying I agree 100% with Git-Mo, just trying to prove a point.***
The US today said that they were still unsure if the men at Gitmo had actualyl done anything. Only last month they released 4 men between the ages of 19 and 74. They were proven after over a year in that hell hole to have been farmers. So...they daint conspire nothing. And the men in Gitmo are actually 'illegal combatants', picked up off Afghan fields. If you're suggesting the whole of the Afghan army knew about 9-11, umm..please..you're a little wrong there. Even the CIA didn't know...did they ???

How muslim is it to stone someone up until, well today?My point exactely...it isn;t Islamic, its practised in Islamic countries by some fools. But it is not Islamic. Similar to the fact that pedophilia is most prevalent in Europe and North America, or how Bestiality is prevalent in EEurope and North America, or how homosexuality is accepted in the West...now how Christian is that ? ITS NOT !!!! All becoz a country follows a religion, does not mean all that goes on in the country is a teaching from that religion..get my point ?

No one is saying Muslims are bad, inmatter of fact I would say the majority are good and have good intentions. Is Islam, Christianity, Judiasm or Buddihism bad? Depends on how it is interpreted. I agree fully

Nope only extreme views on Islamic teachings.But before I end...heres a quote from what Shariah is.....
"The Qur'an is the principal source of Islamic law, the Sharia. It contains the rules by which the Muslim world is governed (or should govern itself) and forms the basis for relations between man and God, between individuals, whether Muslim or non-Muslim, as well as between man and things which are part of creation. The Sharia contains the rules by which a Muslim society is organized and governed, and it provides the means to resolve conflicts among individuals and between the individual and the state. "
Every text in every religion is an interpretation ( Some jewish ppl argue the Torah instructs jews to kill dark Arabs, even though Jews are actually Arab themselves, likewise Bin Ladin believes the 'infidels must be killed becoz of an Islamic justification, and both are bullcrap ).

ANyways , me off to bed....

~Messiah~

[Edited on 29-11-2003 by wwviews]

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by wwviews
Can you tell me a Islamic country that makes a man beat his wife with grass instead of being stoned?
No country makes a man beat his wife with grass....but there are over 70 muslim countries in the world, less than 5 have the stoning law

My point is taken then, no country follows your views of what Islam is suppose to be. Yet 5 Islamic countries stone people. Enough said.

Well they sure arent Christian nations.
The USA isn't a Christian nation eitherFrom World Wide Views 30/11/03

I never said the US was a Christian nation, I was just pointing out that these are Islamic countries, because you go on to blame Chritians for certain laws that have been repealed.

I don't know but , I would be willing to bet that the women of most Islamic countries would be dying to know how to drive a car period.
The spread of female drivers to male drivers throughout the muslim world is not as you'd imagine. PLease remember, Malaysia, Indonesia, Pakistan, Mauritious, Seychelles are all muslim countries. If you go to any of the above, you'll see LOTS of women drivers.

Key word - MOST. Most might even be a overstatement on my behalf, but I would also like to point out that no were in a democratic country would you find women being held back as such.

So let me get this straight, the USA put these men into power and then taught them law at the CIA. Well call me poo-poos and giggles and sign me up for the CIA law degree, because if I can be a ruler of a country through that medium than well gosh-darn, Im all for it.
Your ignorance is astounding. If you don't know that Bin Ladin, Saddam, the Saudi Royals, are ALL products of the CIA, then you're clearly uninformed. I'd suggest reading thru some of the great posts on this board, you'll see what I mean. These men were nobodies, till the US via the CIA made them sumthing. The CIA taught them all they know. The CIA's own training is now biting them in the ass

Yeah, the many differant administrations have made errors on which side they should take. Saddam was financed by us for the Iran war. I make no excuses for that. The Saudi Family is a so-called "ally" by many US administrations because of the oil. I don't argue that. Bush is not the 1st President to support them either. UBL was born into a rich family and faught against the Russians in Afghanistan, we supported the mujahedeen at the time. We did not however support him specifically. He decided on his own after the Russian war that he thought he could take down both super powers after we celebrated x-mas in his holy land, while protecting muslims. The CIA did not however put these men into a position of power, they all went about that on their own. So don't get your facts screwed up here. The CIA did not put any of these people in a position of power, we simply made bad judgements on how/who we should support.

These people on death row arent there for stealing, for cheating on their spouses or for protesting against our government.
Even Shariah law doesn't sentence thieves or political protestors to death. Murders get a quick chop to them head in Shariah law..quick being the essential word. Not 12 years of drawn out agony knowing you're going to die.

Well #s and giggles again, your way of law is better than mine.
Why would I want to die in 12 years when I can die tomorrow. I wish we got rid of people on death row faster, it would save us a whole helluva lot of money. The differance between our law and theirs, is that we have due process.....they can be convicted by word of mouth.

How Christian is it for these people to conspire to commit terrorist acts on the US.***I am not saying I agree 100% with Git-Mo, just trying to prove a point.***
The US today said that they were still unsure if the men at Gitmo had actualyl done anything. Only last month they released 4 men between the ages of 19 and 74. They were proven after over a year in that hell hole to have been farmers. So...they daint conspire nothing. And the men in Gitmo are actually 'illegal combatants', picked up off Afghan fields. If you're suggesting the whole of the Afghan army knew about 9-11, umm..please..you're a little wrong there. Even the CIA didn't know...did they ???

I never said all of Afgani's knew about the incident on 9-11. But America also has no way of telling if they are or are not combatents without any records of these people. They did the safe thing, maybe the wrong, in detaining some of these individuals. Still, the safe.

How muslim is it to stone someone up until, well today?My point exactely...it isn;t Islamic, its practised in Islamic countries by some fools. But it is not Islamic. Similar to the fact that pedophilia is most prevalent in Europe and North America, or how Bestiality is prevalent in EEurope and North America, or how homosexuality is accepted in the West...now how Christian is that ? ITS NOT !!!! All becoz a country follows a religion, does not mean all that goes on in the country is a teaching from that religion..get my point ?

I think i stated my point on this already, I think the majority are good, but they are oppressed by shady governments.

No one is saying Muslims are bad, inmatter of fact I would say the majority are good and have good intentions. Is Islam, Christianity, Judiasm or Buddihism bad? Depends on how it is interpreted. I agree fully

Every text in every religion is an interpretation ( Some jewish ppl argue the Torah instructs jews to kill dark Arabs, even though Jews are actually Arab themselves, likewise Bin Ladin believes the 'infidels must be killed becoz of an Islamic justification, and both are bullcrap ).

The way someone views a bible in any religion is always going to vary and breed some form of extremism in EVERY religion, I am not debating that at all. It just so happens that Islamic countries seem to be the root of the extremism in todays societies.

ANyways , me off to bed....

~Messiah~
Goodnight

new topics

top topics

join