It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian vs. USA Tech

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bisonn
Again, this thread is not for saying who will win a war or why training is important: IT IS ONLY FOR COMPARING THE TECHNOLOGY.

You don't get it, do you. TECHNOLOGY AND TRAINING GO HAND IN HAND.

WHAT GOOD IS TECHNOLOGY IF YOU CAN"T USE IT OR MAINTAIN IT!?!?!

Explain your reasoning on how technology and training are not interconnected. I need a good laugh.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   
If only Russia had taken over the world. We would all be living in a global communism. No more poverty. Accomedation and jobs for everyone, world peace.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
actually both counrties tech are pretty close now, militarily speaking. russia has made leaps and bounds to catch up with us. some of their stuff is almost better than our stuff.

Sorry you got one thing wrong.

some of their stuff is almost better than our stuff.

not almost way

we have better pilots, and not tomention we didnt copy off someone eles' #. no offence.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by UndergroundNetwork
If only Russia had taken over the world. We would all be living in a global communism. No more poverty. Accomedation and jobs for everyone, world peace.

i dont want to work my ass off and get paid the same as an elevator operator in the kremlin! why have a form of government that only works in theroy?

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I think he was just comparing which technology is more advanced. Say a 1930's plane can't compare to an F-16.

He just wanted a comparison between technological advances, I'm sure we all know that training is an important factor.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SectorGaza
lets put laxpla on ignore list all

also done!

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by UndergroundNetwork

I sure hope this is sarcasm

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Again, this topic is also not about what good the technology would do you, its about the technology itself!

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan

we have better pilots, and not tomention we didnt copy off someone eles' #. no offence.

Were would we start...

Hmm.. 1920/30s..

Soviet union was the first nation to have 'paratroopers'..

Everybody else copied them..

FROM SOVIETS!!!

Including your damned nation that is hated by god.. the USA..

*Edit*

HELICOPTERS!!!

Blackhawk for one is ACTUALLY DESIGNED BY A RUSSIAN!!!

Or does name SIKORSKY sound to you like A AMERICAN NAME YOU FROCKSSSS!!!!!!

Btw,

I really hope that laxpla is all ready banned.. before he/she/it? OWNS US ALL..

[Edited on 1-12-2003 by FULCRUM]

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 05:57 AM
link   
nice avatar fulcrum
, abramses worse nightmare, 40 year old RPG

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by SectorGaza
nice avatar fulcrum
, abramses worse nightmare, 40 year old RPG

And what is worse..

These RPG gunners.. (Grenadier and loader..) are from Fedayeen Saddam..

US worst nightmare..
(Thanks to Fedayeens US had the most costly month yet in Iraq in november..)

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 12:10 PM
link   
As par, it seems you two have missed the latest news.
Also Fulcrum, as per your obvious bias, be assured dear friend, if the Abrams worst nightmare is that particular RPG.....It will surely eat up any tank the Russian's have in their respective inventory! Remember Afghanistan? STINGER ring a bell when it comes to "nightmares"....

The Blackhawk is designed by a Russian? Surely not?
Duh! Your continued spinning of word usage has not ceased to amaze me today.....
You fail to mention that SIKORSKY left Russia and WHY? How about enlighten us to those reasons...if you will.

You also failed to mention that SIKORSKY is an AMERICAN citizen? You word usage games in NO WAY validate that Russia is superior! You need an obvious "reality check" as well............
Your hoping that someone is banned? THats pretty good coming from someone who has had three different names while here at ATS...care to explain how many times you have been banned and allowed back?
AND as to your comment of God hating the USA...you only continue to prove that whether your name was Uninen or Fulcrum, you continue to talk and assert out your ass, with no real clue as to what your are talking about.....your uncontrolled bravado is going to be your undoing one day if your not careful.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 1-12-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
As par, it seems you two have missed the latest news.
Also Fulcrum, as per your obvious bias, be assured dear friend, if the Abrams worst nightmare is that particular RPG.....It will surely eat up any tank the Russian's have in their respective inventory! Remember Afghanistan? STINGER ring a bell when it comes to "nightmares"....

The Blackhawk is designed by a Russian? Surely not?
Duh! Your continued spinning of word usage has not ceased to amaze me today.....
You fail to mention that SIKORSKY left Russia and WHY? How about enlighten us to those reasons...if you will.

You also failed to mention that SIKORSKY is an AMERICAN citizen? You word usage games in NO WAY validate that Russia is superior! You need an obvious "reality check" as well............
Your hoping that someone is banned? THats pretty good coming from someone who has had three different names while here at ATS...care to explain how many times you have been banned and allowed back?
AND as to your comment of God hating the USA...you only continue to prove that whether your name was Uninen of Fulcrum, you continue to talk and assert out your ass, with no real clue as to what your are talking about.....your uncontrolled bravado is going to be your undoing one day if your not careful.

regards
seekerof

AS FOR YOU SEEKEROF

you just bit a member's head off for stating oppinion...does that make you feel superior

seekerof, i have constantly monitored your posts, searched for them at times, and appreciated your oppinion....up to this particular post

get tuned, just coz fulcrum stated an all too sharp oppinion on the matter, does that mean one is to stoop to his extremes

btw,
you just implied that the U.S SUCKS UP all the inteligents from other countries' ie the U.S.S.R, that proves the lack of intellect originating in the U.S itself.

the U.S is not only disrespected by some parts of EUROPE...i'll have you know

the creator of the blackhawk is just as american as jacko
is white.
you revert to nationality in a way that turns my stomach

he was born/bred from the U.S.S.R.
enough said on the matter.
Cyrus

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 12:28 PM
link   
If you consider that he who uses the most, generally makes the best, then here are the facts. (all financial figures are in dollars unless otherwise noted)

Gross Domestic Production (GDP)
USA-GDP $10.4 Trillion (2002 est.)
Rossiyskaya Federatsiya - $1.35 trillion (2002 est)

Electrical production
USA- 3.719 trillion kWh (2001)
Russia- 846.5 billion kWh (2001)

Electrical consumption
USA-3.479 trillion kWh (2001)
Russia-773.08 billion kWh (2001)

Exports
USA - $687 billion (2002)
Russia-104.6 billion (2002)

Imports
USA - $1.165 trillion (2002)
Russia - $60.7 billion (2002)

Communications:
telephones (mainlines)
USA - 194 million (1997)
Russia - 30 million (1998)

cellular phones
USA - 69.209 million (1998)
Russia - 19 million (2003)

ISP's
USA- 7000 (2002)
Russia - 300 (2002)

Internet Users
USA - 165.75 million (2002)
Russia - 18 million (2002)

Now all this information is public knowledge and what we can glean from this is that the USA makes and spends more money than Russia. Under the theory that if you spend more money, you'll make better stuff. The US has the advantage.

Here's another way to look at it. When you consider the last several global or regional conflicts. The merchandise with Made in USA generally won. In the conflicts where Russian made mechandise was the victor it was generally against other Russian made stuff. I realize that is a broad stroke generalization, but a telling one nonetheless.

last point. Collisions. Americans are very fond of smashing up their stuff oftentimes just to see how it performs. In head to head collisions with former soviet submarines, not one US submarine had to be scrapped, or was unable to make it to home port under their own power. Not true in the case of Russian ordinance. Again, a broad statement, but your question was also intentionally broad.

hrxll

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Cyrus.....
Continue to "monitor" my postings.
And I didn't state "an all to sharp opinion" and then I'm stepping to extremes? Did not Fulcrum call the poster "YOU FROCKSSSS"? You correct me for my forth coming direct commentary and yet miss "YOU FROCKSSSS" said by Fulcrum?
Ahh, I see......
Well in that case Cyrus.....I will humbly assert/give my apologies.....

As to this:
"the U.S is not only disrespected by some parts of EUROPE...i'll have you know"

Ok.......like Europe is overly respected by Americans? Your point?

and this:
"you revert to nationality in a way that turns my stomach
he was born/bred from the U.S.S.R.
enough said on the matter."

Again Cyrus.........you missed the point. If the "nationality" of every person was brought forth on every "design" made, imagine the problems this will cause......SIKORSKY was Russian born....did I deny this? No. The point is not whether he is Russian born or Polish or French.....SIKORSKY IS an American citizen and built it for the US....not Russia. Tell you what.....the BlackHawk was built by a Russian/American...that suit you better?

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
And I didn't state "an all to sharp opinion" and then I'm stepping to extremes? Did not Fulcrum call the poster "YOU FROCKSSSS"? You correct me for my forth coming direct commentary and yet miss "YOU FROCKSSSS" said by Fulcrum?

it doesnt phase me, since it was aimed at any1 with any doubt to the inevitability to the fact that the U.S is going to destroy us all if it keeps on picking out individual countries' and waging war.
furthermore, it is a passive comment, i dont know why i'm defending, but i share a similar oppinion so therefore fulcrum is ranked as anti-american...your point is??

i will continue to "monitor" your posts, somehow The Neo and colonel, you & PM, & fury have totally deteriorated...ergo: my scrapped topic on: ATS losing it's touch, which was moved to BTS by william for fear of some home truths sinking in and therefore destroying the increase in members

i rarely target specific members, but no doubt i comprehend your response to the insult, merely trying to be civilized

Cyrus

[Edited on 1-12-2003 by Cyrus]

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Actually Cyrus,
I appreciate your criticism and correcting me.
Even I need to be reminded of my errors or critical forth comings upon other members.
You comments are appreciated and noted.
Having come to know Fulcrum/John, through ATS, I know that he means well at times but seeing his latest post just hit a wrong nerve....as mine obviously did to you. I will try harder to abstain from such forth coming remaks again or simply "grab tha hand that types" and ignore this. What concerns me, is that John/Fulcrum knows and knew better than this.
We all state our opinions and beliefs, and sometimes we heatedly defend these beliefs and opinions.....name calling was not necessary.

Again, thank you for reminding me of how people view me here and how, sometimes, I do not stand up to that view. I will endeavor to correct this.

Peace.

regards
seekerof

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I seriously hope this is a joke... The whole reason that Russia collapsed is because they weren't practicing true communism (there was elitism), and corruption was rampant. I suppose you were looking forward to standing in line for hours for your ration of bread?

Even if they were practicing true communism though, it still would have failed. It is competition that fuels creativity and innovation, as well as service. If everyone got the same as everyone else, you'd have little drive or ambition to do this, and this would lead to stagnation, and eventual decay (as it did in the Soviet Union). Without free enterprise, there is no need to compete, and thus, no impetus for change and improvement....

There is a reason capitalism has been successful....it's because it works....

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

I seriously hope this is a joke... The whole reason that Russia collapsed is because they weren't practicing true communism (there was elitism), and corruption was rampant. I suppose you were looking forward to standing in line for hours for your ration of bread?

Even if they were practicing true communism though, it still would have failed. It is competition that fuels creativity and innovation, as well as service. If everyone got the same as everyone else, you'd have little drive or ambition to do this, and this would lead to stagnation, and eventual decay (as it did in the Soviet Union). Without free enterprise, there is no need to compete, and thus, no impetus for change and improvement....

There is a reason capitalism has been successful....it's because it works....

It wasnt a joke but I can see where your coming from but if we all lived under a global True Communism then the government would have all the riches of the world and everyone would be well off. Everyone would have a house and a job and there would be peace. Its also true that we, the human race. Cannot handle such a utopian society and so I s'pose IF russia had conquered the world then we would all be in the gutter.

So I guess I just proved my whole Idea to be absolute #e. Oh well, I can still dream.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Point:

Americans born in America have only invented TV SHOP!!!

All other and real inventions have been done by Brits, Germans and by Russians..

(These people, like Einstein, Oppenheimer, Von Braun and Sikorsky really are Germans and Russians.. as having US passport doesnt 'transform' one into a American.. They still were born in Russia or in Germany and their native languages were Russian or German.. 100% non-US..)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join