It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible is a bad excuse for hating gays...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I am starting yet another thread on this issue because I want to get to the heart of the issue. You can argue all you want about whether or not god believes being gay is a sin, but that is not the heart of the issue as I see it.

You are simply hiding behind the bible as an excuse for your bigotry and hatred. I have more respect for someone who can come out and say that they don't like gays because they think it is disgusting or they don't see how a man could like another man. At least they can be honest with themselves. But your religious assholes who hate gays try to say that it is because the bible tells you to and they are all going to hell. That is a piss poor excuse.

The bible also says that you shouldn't lie. There isn't a single person on this website who hasn't told a lie, I guess we are all going to hell and you better start hating us too. Bible says no sex before marriage. Lots of us have done that too, better hate us for that. Masturbation is wrong, we all do that, I guess you better hate us all for that since we are all going to hell. Shall I go on? How about coveting your neighbours belongings, being lazy, speaking poorly about your parents, taking the lords name in vain. The list goes on and on, all good reasons to send us to hell and hate us.

But you don't hate everybody on the planet for those things and say they are going to hell. But you are damn sure that gay people are going straight to hell so you better hate them. You are no better than the KKK or any other hate group that tries to justify its hatred in the bible.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I dont know what bible you read but most references YOU made are simply that. If you never have read the Old & New, give it a shot. You might end up agreeing.
As for hate, Jesus hated no one, not even those that led him to death.

TRUESABBATH
7th day as in Genesis
(Jesus kept the Sabbath, why dont you?)

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I in fact dont hate gay people, i dont agree but I cant make them choose what i believe. That doesnt make me a hater because i dont agree with them.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by STOLENSCRIPTURE
I dont know what bible you read but most references YOU made are simply that. If you never have read the Old & New, give it a shot. You might end up agreeing.
As for hate, Jesus hated no one, not even those that led him to death.

TRUESABBATH
7th day as in Genesis
(Jesus kept the Sabbath, why dont you?)

What is your point? I fail to see it here.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DipSchnit
I in fact dont hate gay people, i dont agree but I cant make them choose what i believe. That doesnt make me a hater because i dont agree with them.

I am not talking about every religious person, and I am not talking about everyone who disagrees with being gay. I am talking about the ones who are quick to condemn them to hell for sinning by being gay, yet the sins that they themsleves commit can be easily overlooked by god. The ones who would erect statues spreading their hatred in the name of the bible.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I agree to some point. I have noticed alot of believers who are downright hateful with there actions and words. I for one belive that even if you are gay or whatever that if you ask God for forgivness and ask him to be your Lord and Savior that you will forgiven. But thats just my opinion on the matter

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I am a Christian and I do not hate gays, do not dislike them, do not avoid them, and do not discriminate against them.

Please do not mistake my inability to accept their LIFESTYLE CHOICES on moral grounds with any adverse feeling toward them as people. Furthermore, do not take my inability to accept that their sexual activities also equates to their feelings for ANY sex (same or opposite).

To not accept the ACTIONS that another person commits on moral grounds should not be interpreted as hatred or ANY kind of ill-will. I accept them as they are on a human level, and as spiritual beings. If anyone uses the Bible as a basis for their hatred of anybody else they do more than sin against God via the hatred, they brake commandment to not use the Lord's name in a vain cause.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenkoolaid
I am starting yet another thread on this issue because I want to get to the heart of the issue. You can argue all you want about whether or not god believes being gay is a sin, but that is not the heart of the issue as I see it.

You are simply hiding behind the bible as an excuse for your bigotry and hatred. I have more respect for someone who can come out and say that they don't like gays because they think it is disgusting or they don't see how a man could like another man. At least they can be honest with themselves. But your religious assholes who hate gays try to say that it is because the bible tells you to and they are all going to hell. That is a piss poor excuse.

The bible also says that you shouldn't lie. There isn't a single person on this website who hasn't told a lie, I guess we are all going to hell and you better start hating us too. Bible says no sex before marriage. Lots of us have done that too, better hate us for that. Masturbation is wrong, we all do that, I guess you better hate us all for that since we are all going to hell. Shall I go on? How about coveting your neighbours belongings, being lazy, speaking poorly about your parents, taking the lords name in vain. The list goes on and on, all good reasons to send us to hell and hate us.

But you don't hate everybody on the planet for those things and say they are going to hell. But you are damn sure that gay people are going straight to hell so you better hate them. You are no better than the KKK or any other hate group that tries to justify its hatred in the bible.

I dont personaly agree with gay people. It has nothing to do with the bible. It is because, I disagree with their way of life. Now if that was the whole story there would be no problem. The problem arises when gay people try to make themselves out to be a minority, putting their issues on the political table, as if gay was a race. Now that is a problem.

Lets be totaly honest here. Gay people are sick. We treat people in this country when they are sick. And gay people do sometimes treat themselves through therapy and what not. But that doesnt matter. What matters is that they try to force it in our minds. Im talking about required classes in highschool regarding acceptance of gays. Television shows based on the gay lifestyle. Political propoganda. These are issues that cause me to even voice my opinion when there would be no need to otherwise. If they would just lead there own quiet life without making an issue out of it, things would be different. There is a reason why it is frowned upon in society.

Wanna get to the route of things. People say it is genetic. We know FOR A FACT that genes are passed down to the child from the parents. Well, if the parents are gay, then how in the hell did they reproduce??? You say, hey seapeople, some of them get married and have kids and what-not.... I say, they may do that now. But 100 thousand years ago im sure they didnt know any better. So, if it is in the genes, it is a genetic disorder that should be treated. There is no reason I should have to accept gay people as being normal.

I know someone who is gay. I can talk to him. He works with me and I see him every day. Just because I may be friends with the person does not mean I have to accept his views on sexuality as healthy or even correct.

Even more issues arise when gay people try to force themselves into things like catholic churches. The church has beliefs...though some may not agree with them....they dont agree with gays. SO WHY DO GAY PEOPLE EVEN WANT TO BE A PART OF SOMETHING THAT CONDEMNS THEIR BEHAVIOR??

If you dont like the gay lifestyle...dont be afraid to say it...just as those people are not afraid to say that we should accept it. Once again..free will...freedom of speech.....do what you want. I dont have to agree with it.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenkoolaid

I am not talking about every religious person, and I am not talking about everyone who disagrees with being gay. I am talking about the ones who are quick to condemn them to hell for sinning by being gay, yet the sins that they themsleves commit can be easily overlooked by god. The ones who would erect statues spreading their hatred in the name of the bible.

If you read the Bible you will find out that gays will go to hell.

If a person is gay then so what.

all I know is that they are going to hell if they dont change.

I also understand I am not perfect but i am trying

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 07:22 PM
link   
What Bible are you reading Russian???

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I do not hate gays at all. In fact I have friends who are gay, both male AND female.

The bible does not teach you to hate gays, if that is your interpretation of it then you are wrong. The bible teaches you to hate the SIN of homosexuality, not the people who commit it.

If it was the case that you have to hate gays then not only would you hate gays, but prostitutes, theives, liars, swearers, alocholics, pretty much everybody including yourself.

Stupid topic really....

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Yes, the bible can be interpreted to say that homosexuality is a sin. It also says a lot of other things are sins. How come homosexuality is a sin that is sure to land you in hell, but one of the ones I mentioned above can be overlooked?

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
What Bible are you reading Russian???

the "HOLY BIBLE"

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Russian,

I think there may have been a language problem or something.

Something's not right here.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
I do not hate gays at all. In fact I have friends who are gay, both male AND female.

The bible does not teach you to hate gays, if that is your interpretation of it then you are wrong. The bible teaches you to hate the SIN of homosexuality, not the people who commit it.

If it was the case that you have to hate gays then not only would you hate gays, but prostitutes, theives, liars, swearers, alocholics, pretty much everybody including yourself.

Stupid topic really....

That is my point Netchicken, they don't hate those other groups. And they don't hate gays because the bible tells them to. They use the bible as an excuse for hating gays.

Did you feel that whoosh go by as you were reading my post? That was the point going right over your head.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Russian,

I think there may have been a language problem or something.

Something's not right here.

Ok what do you think is not right here?

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Why use the word''Hate'' ???

No one should hate anyone......in fact, Jesus Christ said to ''LOVE'' all......

The Bible is their for the benefit of the people and the soul .....
You can dislike the ACTION but NOT hate the person!

What is it with gay's???
Are they suppose to be regarded any different to other people?
NO.......
If it is what they chose to do and not see the consequence of sin and be REPENTED......then it is their choice they make .......not for us to decide........

Sin literally means to "miss the mark." As St. Paul writes, "All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23). We sin when we pervert what God has given us as good, falling short of His purposes for us. Our sins separate us from God (Isaiah 59:1,2), leaving us spiritually dead (Ephesians 2:1).

To save us, the Son of God assumed our humanity, and being without sin "He condemned sin in the flesh" (Romans 8:3).
In His mercy, God forgives our sins when we confess them and turn from them, giving us strength to overcome sin in our lives.
"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (I John 1:9).

If we cannot see something as a sin, then there is no help for us.....no matter what sin it is!

And you know what?
This 'homosexuality' thread is becoming one bif great debate!
Those that wish to see it as being ok in the eyes of God is their choice only....The Bible says it is a sin and for this God will judge that person for his actions.....whatever their sin is.....
And yes, we all sin in the eyes of God......BUT do we feel repented ........if we cannot see a sin for what it is, then we cannot fully repent of it...or strive to change our lifestyle choice for the benefit of our SOUL.....
helen.....

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 07:34 PM
link   
A soul is not condemned to hell via an act.

A homosexual act may piss the living daylights out of God...but it doesn't bring eternal damnation.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I think Russian may be referring to such a verse as this:

1 Corinthians 6:9-10
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites,
10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God.
(NKJ)

I do not hate homosexauls no-more than I hate drunkards, fornicators, revilers etc. .
The bible teaches to love the person but hate the sin.
I'm guilty of a few of those things myself. The point is that I turned from those ways and trust that Jesus took my punishment on that cross in full.

IMO

[Edited on 28-11-2003 by StationsCreation]

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 07:39 PM
link   

A soul is not condemned to hell via an act.

A homosexual act may piss the living daylights out of God...but it doesn't bring eternal damnation.

It doesnt bring eternal damnation if the person changes but if a person doesnt change from his wrong doing to the right track then the road his is walking is leading to hell.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join