It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do we stop Islamic Fundamentalism?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 01:58 PM
link   
If we could do this I think Al Queda...and Osmama Bin hiding.......would be a thing of the past.....any ideas?

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Thats easy. Remove the current U.S. administration.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by spear
If we could do this I think Al Queda...and Osmama Bin hiding.......would be a thing of the past.....any ideas?

My opinion on the whole deal is that we wont ever stop it. Every time we get one leader another will rise. Humans have the ability to make opinions in their own head. As long as we have the free will to do that, we will disagree on certain things. The people who disagree will form groups. These groups will kill each other endlessly. Now wouldnt it be just a perfect world if we could stop that! Unfortunately it isnt a perfect world. Thats why these things go on now and will always go on. Humans will kill each other forever. Now we cant just let them bomb us because they hate western society. We have to defend ourselves whether it means going to war or having a peace rally. It is our governments responsibility to ensure the safety of our people to the best of its ability. So its just another part of the cycle of humans I guess. Sucks, but its life.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 02:06 PM
link   
is that a viable option?.....and wont that happen as a matter of course in ov 2004?

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople

My opinion on the whole deal is that we wont ever stop it. Every time we get one leader another will rise. Humans have the ability to make opinions in their own head. As long as we have the free will to do that, we will disagree on certain things. The people who disagree will form groups. These groups will kill each other endlessly. Now wouldnt it be just a perfect world if we could stop that! Unfortunately it isnt a perfect world. Thats why these things go on now and will always go on. Humans will kill each other forever. Now we cant just let them bomb us because they hate western society. We have to defend ourselves whether it means going to war or having a peace rally. It is our governments responsibility to ensure the safety of our people to the best of its ability. So its just another part of the cycle of humans I guess. Sucks, but its life.

it does suck.......mayby we could get lucky and they kill themselves faster than they can recruit?

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone

Man you are misguided. It doesnt matter what administration is in office. People are violent. They will attack us. We should attack back. Thats what people do and it will never change. You say you disagree with that???? Well here is an experiment. Why dont you and I meet somewhere. I will punch you square in the face repeatedly. Now according to your theories, you shouldnt fight back. You would just let me beat you to a mush pulp. Or, would you fight me back????? Fighting back wquld mean that it is OK for you to defend yourself, but not ok for the United States as a whole to defend its self? So answer the question, what would you do???

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Man you are misguided. It doesnt matter what administration is in office. People are violent. They will attack us. We should attack back. Thats what people do and it will never change. You say you disagree with that???? Well here is an experiment. Why dont you and I meet somewhere. I will punch you square in the face repeatedly. Now according to your theories, you shouldnt fight back. You would just let me beat you to a mush pulp. Or, would you fight me back????? Fighting back wquld mean that it is OK for you to defend yourself, but not ok for the United States as a whole to defend its self? So answer the question, what would you do???

you read the wrong answer

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 02:12 PM
link   

it does suck.......mayby we could get lucky and they kill themselves faster than they can recruit?

Yeah, maybe they will. I just thought of something!

We should construct some catholic churches, and things of that nature all over those countries, but never go in them. Then they will suicide bomb them! Its brilliant...build more things for them to blow up!

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 02:13 PM
link   

no, that was the answer........unless im misunderstanding what you are saying.

[Edited on 11/28/2003 by Seapeople]

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 02:17 PM
link   

no, that was the answer........unless im misunderstanding what you are saying.

[Edited on 11/28/2003 by Seapeople]

The answer you took offense too.....was my response to the second post on this topic..........;I was responding even before you posted your first reply

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I dont think I took ofense to anything you said spear. I didnt mean for it to seem that way. I was responding to what heelstone had stated. Maybe you are heelstone and I am just confused.....wouldnt be the first time.....

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 02:20 PM
link   
nooo your not confused....am.......mayby I should switch to low alocohol beer

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 02:22 PM
link   

nooo your not confused....am.......mayby I should switch to low alocohol beer

I meant Im confused!!

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 02:27 PM
link   
"How do we stop Islamic Fundamentalism?"

Islamic Fundamentalism did not begin with this current administration nor with any current administration. Islamic Fundamentalism is rooted in history or in historical relevance.

Islamic Fundamentalism has been around for centuries.
Islamic Fundamentalism will not change unless Islamic Fundamentalism is addressed by Islam.
Since the creation of Islam, which I probably stand to be corrected, a small minority has always been labeled apart of Islamic Fundamentalism.
One thing to note is that extremism is apart of every aspect of life and function. This is not solely restricted to Islam.
Again, IMHO, getting rid of it won't happen till Islam corrects this and 'correcting' this is an improbable. Extremism, extremists, fundamentalism will always be apart of mankind regardless of religion, creed, organization, belief, etc.

regards
seekerof

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Yeah, maybe they will. I just thought of something!

We should construct some catholic churches, and things of that nature all over those countries, but never go in them. Then they will suicide bomb them! Its brilliant...build more things for them to blow up!

~~~
And DizneyWorlds, golden arches, convenience stores, ATM booths, TOO!
Formulate a Secular, Social-Democrat type society...with oligarchs & such
the fundamentalists will be overwhelmed

decadance is salvation

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 03:27 PM
link   
how to stop islamic extreamism.Hmmm heres an idea.
turn iran,iraq,saudi arabia,syria,sudan,pakistan,egypt,afghanistan into a glass floor self lighted parkinglot and there goes your islamic extreamism.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Ok, "stopping" a religion is morally disgusting.
I'm Eclectic Pagan, I'd wager most of you have never heard that term. Part of my religious belief structure is the acceptance of all religions as long as they serve the same purpose, a good, honest life.

This war was not started by the Islamics, it started as soon as a foreign power put a military base on their holy land.

Think of it this way.........

You Americans, how would you feel if you woke up one morning and let's say.... England had made a military base down the block without prior consent from your government?

You'd be pretty damn pissed off!

I'm not taking sides, I watch the war as a neutral observer, both sides have valid reasons for war in their own opinions, yet neither can see validity of the others reason!

They need to be sat down and talked to like the #ing children they are acting like!

.......... Sorry, I get testy when I'm baked

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Canuck
Ok, "stopping" a religion is morally disgusting.
I'm Eclectic Pagan, I'd wager most of you have never heard that term. Part of my religious belief structure is the acceptance of all religions as long as they serve the same purpose, a good, honest life. I agree

This war was not started by the Islamics, it started as soon as a foreign power put a military base on their holy land.

Think of it this way.........

You Americans, how would you feel if you woke up one morning and let's say.... England had made a military base down the block without prior consent from your government?

You'd be pretty damn pissed off!
Wrong. We put our military in Saudi Arabia because they wanted protection by the US armed forces from Saddam Hussein. We did not just decide to surprise the Saudo's at all.

I'm not taking sides, I watch the war as a neutral observer, both sides have valid reasons for war in their own opinions, yet neither can see validity of the others reason! You see a valid reason on why 2 planes flew into the WTC's and killed innocents from various parts of the world? Well, then you my friend have underlying moral issues that I can not help you with.

They need to be sat down and talked to like the #ing children they are acting like!
No they need to be shown the only way that they know how to listen, by a show of force. These people will not listen to debates or peace treaties. They want their version of Islam to run rampant throughout the world. If we don't stop them, I frankly don't see who will. Would it of been ok if we let Hitler be, and let him spread his hatred of Jews throughout the world until he owned every last part of it?

.......... Sorry, I get testy when I'm baked

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 04:56 PM
link   
they don't have to be stoped, they have to be understood.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalki
they don't have to be stoped, they have to be understood.

Well then I need help understanding. Would you like to clue me in?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join