It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Carolina + Steve Smith = Super Bowl

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I'm sure all you guys saw what my Panthers did to the Jets today. How pathetic was Bollinger? Jesus, I could QB better than that!

Delhomme is in the groove, and S.S. is running all over them. Sports Illustrated picked Patriots last year and what happened? Panthers are picked this year, and from the way things are looking, they hit it right on the money. Hooyah!:party-smiley-018:

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
They DO look good, don't they?

posted on Nov, 13 2005 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Yes sir they do. I have a good feeling about them this year.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   
And your Panthers are getting MAJOR respect from the people whose opinions matter the most: The Vegas and Caribbean books.

The Bears are 6-3 for the year, a game behind Carolina, PLUS, although Chicago is a game back in the overall NFC standings, Carolina has significantly better stats in terms of yards per play on offense (the big stat) and other major stats.

I like seeng the Bears do well. too. Their 1985 team was probably the best I've ever seen, with due respect to the 1989 Niners and the numerous other fabulous teams, but they were a bunch of classless, in-your face, obnoxious jerks, with that Perry running back play to pile on another TD and celebreate like a real jackass.

This year's Bears' team, and our Panthers' team. are whole different stories. Even though I'm about as unlike a stereotype Southerner as anyone you'll meet (lifelong Norcal liberal defense attorney), I am "like, totally down for the Panthers this year." And if it becomes necessary, I'm down for the Bears, too, cuz they'd be a great human interest story--just like the resurrection of the blue-collar, everyday-Joes, nice-guy Panthers.

MY CONTINUED BEST WISHES TO YOUR PANTHERS--OUR PANTHERS--MAN. And welcome to this great site.

B.H.N.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I fully expect the Panthers to be the NFC team in the Super Bowl. However, they will be the sacraficial Lamb to the Indianapolis Colts...

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I saw a trio of former NFL players on a football talk show--on ESPN, I believe--the other day. They talked about the Colts' defense, its numerous strong points, but also some holes it leaves open and how it can be beaten. One needs the right personnel, obviously, but as they explained it, it's not so much a case of an epic defensive unit (a la the Steelers in the 1970's, or the 1985 Bears--the ultimate defense), as it is a case of a very good system which nobody has yet exploited the flaws of. If that's so, we'll probably see it exploited, but good, before the season's over.

If I knew football the way I know baseball, I could be much more specific than that, and I could give you examples or details, but alas, I cannot. Did anyone else see that show, preferably someone who knows football real well? Does anyone else remember the specifics those guys cited as weaknesses in the Colts' defensive system?

It bears remembering, I think, that when the Panthers were in the Super Bowl previously, they scored a hell of a lot more points than anyone dreamed possible against the Pats' fierce defense.

B.H.N.

TRD

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I'm sure i read that the Colts were open to the run with two blockers or something like that, i can't remember to be honest...

Panthers do look good, but you take away Davis, who isn't exactly always health and they might struggle a bit. De Shaun Foster did great last season filling in for him only to break his collarbone or whatever it was and he isn't seeing as much of the ball and would most proberly be a decent replacement for Davis.

Other than Davis and Smith no one else is doing that great, Keary Colbert has been a big disappointment so far and i read there was great expectations of him this season....

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by BaseballHistoryNut
I saw a trio of former NFL players on a football talk show--on ESPN, I believe--the other day. They talked about the Colts' defense, its numerous strong points, but also some holes it leaves open and how it can be beaten. B.H.N.

Well I didn't see that particular show somehow, but the consensus seems to be to run against their sometimes over-pursuing D, and stop Edge from running and take your chance on the passing game with Manning. Which is Football 101 anyway.

You may have noticed the Colts Special Teams pretty much stink. The only reason the Houston game wasn't a complete blowout is because the Houston punter muffed a couple of punts so bad it became a travesty trying to field them. Looked like a Keystone Kops comedy out there.

Here's a [url=http://www.daytondailynews.com/sports/content/sports/bengals/daily/1116bengals.html]>LINK

posted on Nov, 28 2005 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I disagree and it's all Indy man (Hello 10-0 record) they are the alpha males of NFL right now.

posted on Nov, 29 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   
It's either Carolina or Seattle from the NFC in my book...

[Edited on 11/29/2005 by Gibbs Baby!!!]

new topics

top topics

join