It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Football: Browns sign QB Trent Dilfer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Trent Dilfer plans to be more than a one-year fix at quarterback for the Cleveland Browns.

Dilfer, acquired in a weekend trade from the Seattle Seahawks, signed a four-year contract Tuesday with Cleveland, taking over a position the Browns haven't gotten right since coming back to the NFL in 1999.

Dilfer, who turns 33 Sunday, brings a Super Bowl ring and considerable experience to Cleveland after enduring personal and professional hardships during his career.

"I feel like I've got a lot of football left," he said.

Dilfer came to the Browns with one year left on his contract at $1.2 million. The Browns, though, decided to invest more time into Dilfer, seeing him as not only a proven veteran, but as someone who can win games and tutor young quarterbacks Luke McCown and Josh Harris.

www.sportsline.com...

Hmm, I dont think Dilfer is the answer to anyone's QB problems. He has a SB ring, but you have to thank that Raven defense for that. Maybe he will be able to help with the progress for the younger QB's though, like Parcells tried with Vinny last year.

posted on Mar, 9 2005 @ 05:39 PM
link   
...or maybe the Browns will continue to wallow in QB mediocrity. My money's on the second option...

new topics

join