It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice for "Gifted" Friend, please read.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I have a friend who has a "gift". She has "visions". She'll dream stuff that happens in the future. She also sees ghosts and hears people think. She's telepathic, and a mediator. She cant control it though. When she wakes up after a vision, she's all dazed and cant move, she has a major headaches too, but she's super aware. What advice do you have for her?

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Wow that would be sooo cool to hear what people think!!!! Sorry I don't have any advice for her. I guess the best would be just to try and use her ability(s) wisely. I don't really know, I'm just guessing. Sorry.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 10:23 PM
link   
A log, that she carries with her at all times. If she wakes from a dream, write it down. If she has a waking vision, write it down. If she has a telepathic experience, write it down.

A log...that is entered as soon after the event as possible.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Yeah, I was going to suggest a log too.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by necro99
I have a friend who has a "gift". She has "visions". She'll dream stuff that happens in the future. She also sees ghosts and hears people think. She's telepathic, and a mediator. She cant control it though. When she wakes up after a vision, she's all dazed and cant move, she has a major headaches too, but she's super aware. What advice do you have for her?

Does she have enough control to keep thoughts around her from being overwhelming in her mind? I've known some who had to isolate themselves to "keep the voices out" so to speak.

I know that as an empath or telepath, you often have to be very careful when in large crowds or the "noise" can be very disorienting.

I also agree with Valhall and mig12 that a log would be a good idea. Entering the dreams/visions, as well as what she was doing/thinking before it started, where she was, who she was with -- stuff like that -- may give her an insight into what triggers her gifts.

Since she currently seems to have little control over it, she may be able to see a pattern as to why it happens at certain times, places, etc.

Over time she will gain more control over it as she learns what feelings or stimuli seem to set it off. After that, she can work at developing it further, much like flexing a muscle once you learn exactly what nerves to manipulate.

I know this may seem kind of vague, but people often seem to have different "locks" to their gifts -- the same triggers don't always work for different people, in other words. Once she finds the key to hers, she will probably be much more at ease with it and can begin to gain more control over it.

I hope that helps a little.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 08:15 AM
link   
She's between the ages of 14 and 17 right? It's a very common thing for adolescent girls (and some boys). They have a higher occurence of pk related senses during these years. I think it's hormonal. No, I'm not kidding or trying to be funny. I think that since women are the creators of new beings, they tap into some higher energy. At this time in a young woman's life, they are just putting out more "ki" than any other creature on the planet. That's my theory anyway. I have been known to be wrong. Take care. One more thing, the more people that tell her this stuff isn't real, the less she will be able to do these things. Other people's reality has a great deal of power over our own. I "lost" my ability to a degree, when I married a non-believer. I try to conform to her belief system. Which I see as a fair sacrifice for the woman I love. My son is showing signs of the "gift" I had/have and she is now having to cope with the reality of it.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 08:51 AM
link   
darklanser,

Your ideals are very interesting. I have not personally known anyone who was empathic, but did work with a man for about 3 years who could see through the other person's eyes. He could not control this gift, and it would just hit him randomly. For instance, he could be sitting at his desk in his office, and all of a sudden be seeing what someone two offices down was looking at.

These gifts are very interesting.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by necro99

Tell her NOT to do hallucinagenic drugs!

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I have a friend who is a empath. He is going through his pubic stages of life. He has to put up a shield so that he doesn't get overwhelmed. Maybe putting up a shield will help her? www.psipog.net for more info on shielding.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 12:23 PM
link   
necro99

I have a good advice for your friends. Avoid governement officials and mad scientists.

Also, keep a low profile and be discreet.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I'm not empathic or a seer, but I do have Lucid Dreams.
Many of you have probably heard of it.
They are extremely life like dreams in which you are aware of the fact that you are dreaming and can actually control your actions.
My dreams have always been pretty intense, ever since I was a child. At first it was like watching a movie in a first-person view, then I was gradually able to exert control over my actions. These days I can actually wake from a dream, and if I go back to sleep within a short period of time I can resume the dream, it can be very disarming.
I had an extremely vivid Lucid dream last night, if anyone cares to hear about it, just reply to this and ask

And no, they are generally not sexual in nature, due to the fact that I'm not really a touchy-feely, sexual kinda guy. Strange, eh? lol

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 01:40 PM
link   
No one in my opinion can hear what a person thinks as in mind. It is the truth by one's heart what they hear in the WORDS of another.
This is empathy. I would tell her not to worry. She need only realize that people only hear what one says aloud to another or writes in words to be read. The key to turn paranoia into peace is to know these things. I find that if one is true in the word to what their heartsong says when being and communicating unto another, is to abolish lies and find the ultimacy of joy, in being.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Canuck
I'm not empathic or a seer, but I do have Lucid Dreams.
Many of you have probably heard of it.
They are extremely life like dreams in which you are aware of the fact that you are dreaming and can actually control your actions.
My dreams have always been pretty intense, ever since I was a child. At first it was like watching a movie in a first-person view, then I was gradually able to exert control over my actions. These days I can actually wake from a dream, and if I go back to sleep within a short period of time I can resume the dream, it can be very disarming.
I had an extremely vivid Lucid dream last night, if anyone cares to hear about it, just reply to this and ask

And no, they are generally not sexual in nature, due to the fact that I'm not really a touchy-feely, sexual kinda guy. Strange, eh? lol

I know EXACTLY what you mean...I am the same.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   
My mother used to have these experiences quite commonly but it caused so much disruption in her life that she renounced it - asked for it to be taken from her. Not sure if I agree with this but whatever...

First of all if this person can handle this burden on sorts then I agree with everyone else here in saying that she should use it for the greater good whenever possible.

Secondly, be wary of ANYONE in authority because she will soon attract the attention of the control system. They are always interested in people like her and not for her benefit either. Distrust authority in regards her abilities as a safety measure.

Trust those that you know and truly care and believe in you.

Everyone else is subject to control by the darkside.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 02:53 PM
link   

The main thing is that this girl gets to live a normal healthy life filled with fun, friends, joy and laughter.

Let her follow her heart and don't push her to become something that is not fully understood. Of all the gifts she has there may be one or two which become prominent as she becomes older. At present those gifts may be merged with other gifts and may not be recognized for what they are.

The main thing is to help her live a full wholesome earth life, so that she has a solid foundation to stand on while she is experiencing all of the paranormal things.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 03:03 PM
link   
i went through the same thing, ever since 8yrs old and later things have become fairly blurred at the age of 14,15,16...nowadays, at 16, this happens VERY rarely, and when it does' it happens wayyyyy later. as in, the last thing i dreamt happened 3 times' in a row untill i noticed that this was familiar from elsewhere in all three occasions.
darklanser, you seem to have a good point there....we, the male species' are dying out as we speak, give it a million years' and women will be the dominant/only species' of human left.
would love to get cloned a million years' from now to come out in a women-only world, being the only male!! that is

*ramble*
Cyrus

[Edited on 28-11-2003 by Cyrus]

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The gifted frined is me.

I joined so I could answer questions...............

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by shinjite
The gifted frined is me.

I joined so I could answer questions...............

ok then

your dreams, they're not very vivid are they? as in, you do not appear to be entranced by them, you simply predict what's going to happen the very next day/month what's going to happen.
btw how old r u?

i think you'd better keep a log on everything u ever dreamed of, i failed to do so coz i never took these things seriously, just thought it was normal...i was wrong

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Practice your gifts. If you do not practice your gifts a lot, it will be harder for you to have control over your gift. If you have the time practice every day.

Since you can see the future in your dreams you might want to try getting premanitions when you are not asleep. To try and get a premanition i would concentrate and touch something. Like if you are going to go out with friends touch the clothes you might ware, or maybe a jacket that one of your friends might wear that night. I have no clue if this will work but it can not hurt to try and get premanitions.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ilovepizza
Practice your gifts. If you do not practice your gifts a lot, it will be harder for you to have control over your gift. If you have the time practice every day.

Since you can see the future in your dreams you might want to try getting premanitions when you are not asleep. To try and get a premanition i would concentrate and touch something. Like if you are going to go out with friends touch the clothes you might ware, or maybe a jacket that one of your friends might wear that night. I have no clue if this will work but it can not hurt to try and get premanitions.

dont do what he's saying...it'll only take away what you have, leave it be, you have the gift...dont urge it on or it'll fade away.
no offense ILP, but i think this is too important to stoop to rubish bickerings

Peace
Cyrus

top topics

<<   2 >>

join