It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Makes Secret Thanksgiving Trip to Iraq to Rally Troops

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 05:16 PM
link   
There's plenty of pictures on cnn of this appearance in Iraq. I have been to the middle east. It took me 11 hours. That was from New York.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums
There's plenty of pictures on cnn of this appearance in Iraq. I have been to the middle east. It took me 11 hours. That was from New York.

Where'd you fly to? Where did you re-fuel? Just curious.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Dude, put down the bong and take a nap or something.

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by DClark
Dude, put down the bong and take a nap or something.

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

If you're talking to me, I only wish I had one to put down. I'm at work. I was asking Djarums where he flew to. I was curious as to where he's been in the middle east. Something wrong with that?

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Reading throught this post, I can't help but wonder if some of you people are really Americans. Whether you support this war or not, SUPPORT THE TROOPS!!! These are our brothers, sisters friends and family...over there giving their lives. Whether you agree with the reasons they are there, doesn't matter. The FACT is they are! And as their countrymen (and women...for the PC crowd) we need to support them, so THEY ALL COME HOME! When they all come home, SAFELY, everyone can argue whether going to Iraq was right or wrong. BUt while they are in harms way, we need to let them know we support them in their mission, whether we all agree with it or not. The President going to Iraq today, on Thanksgiving, was important to them. It lifted their morale. Well I don't always agree with Bush...I give him credit for going into a war zone...whether it was for the troops or for PR...He has shown me some balls!! And if this morale boost saves even one life over there, then I don't care what the reason behind it was.

Personally, I still don't know whether I agree with going there...Was it a good idea to remove Saddam Hussain....YES!! Where there alterior motives I don't know...

Wed. night before Thanksgiving, I had the pleasure of meeting a young man who is to ship out to Iraq. He was at the bar I was at with friends and family, for a going away party. He didn't complain about going, it was his job and duty. Whether or not you agree with being there...YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY SUPPORT THE PEOPLE THERE OR GOING...If at the very least, to make sure they all come back. He actually gave me a sense of pride to be an American. He had reservations, but was willing to risk his life to serve his country and it's people. Shouldn't we as a country, at the very least support him and all the others. So they come home safe! And once they are home, then we can bicker...whether the war in Iraq was for the right reasons. But until then...WE SHOULD ALL SUPPORT EVERY MAN AND WOMEN WILLING TO GIVE THEIR LIFE FOR THE AVERAGE JOE, LIKE YOU AND ME!!!!

You want to flame me, b*itch at me, Call me a Bush/Republican sympathizer...go ahead!! But while your doing that, I will support our troops and await their safe arival home!!!!!!!!

Use some Common Sense people!!!

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Bush Makes Secret Thanksgiving Trip to Iraq to Rally Troops

Surprise, surprise! ::golf claps for Bush::

Take a step out of your comfort zone.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Well I for one think it's great. I guess he helped served some food to the soldiers too. You bet it was a risk, with a possible break in security. It just shows this President has guts! Kudos
President Bush you made our soldiers day.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 10:05 PM
link   

7:25PM

4:29PM

3:42PM

regards
seekerof

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Great pictures Seekerof!

My turkey got golden brown too.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I think this was slicker than goose-#.

Kudos for a president that gives a care and has the gonads to put his butt in harms way to prove where is heart is. And as for the comments this was "wreckless" - bull#. This was unequivocal evidence of humility in a man that knows to do right is far greater a calling than to worry about whether your replacement might one-up you.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 10:18 PM
link   
First of all, He flew from Texas to Andrews, changed planes and then on to Iraq. The flight is about 11 hours or so. Rest asured 'eastcoastkid' he was here. Great moral booster for the troops, but made our life hell for the last 30 hours. And you're right, one jerk with a RPG and the whole world would change. That is what we get paid for, to make sure sh*t like that don't happen.
Later, I to busy right now.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I would like to say... It's NICE to have a REAL MAN in the Whitehouse again!

Come November 2004 we'll STILL have him too.

PEACE...
m...

[Edited on 11-27-2003 by Springer]

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Bush deserves credit, no matter what you think of him for going in to show OUR troops support in a war zone. Plus he did it without anyone knowing...(Now, I'll admit this is scary...think of everything else that has a cover-up JFK, UFO's, etc...) He did it!!! He may be alot smarter than most of us are giving him credit for.

Although, he pulled this off...(and it is scary) without anyone knowing. This is a man more people in the world would like to see dead, rather than alive. The man deserves credit, for risking his life in a war zone (Yeah, I know the war is over...supposedly...but it is still one of the most dangerous places to be an American...especially the President of the USA) to give OUR people some hope!!! I think the man has finally showed some BALLS!

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Please. If you think he came up with this idea by himself then you are naive. He doesn't even write his own speeches, so why should we think he decided to do this? Clearly this is only PR in the presidential script and nothing more.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I think it great to see that. I even thought it was nice to see Hillary w/ the troops also.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Yes Bob....I am 110% certain that she and the Democrats were seriously pissed at this being that THEY were to arrive in Iraq tomorrow..............

They, inturn, went to Afghanistan....

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 27-11-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I bet Hitlary is cussing right now!! Bush upstaged her little trip very well. He showed guts to do this on his own and against good advice from his staff just to show the men and women there that he gives a crap. You who look for deception at every turn should just once enjoy a creative initiative by a man who put his life in danger on thanksgiving to say hello to some soldiers.

Get a life.

The other reality is that this was excelent political theatre....slams the dem presicential hopefuls into temprorary insignificance and places an archetypical image into the minds of voters who look to a leader for initiative. Now we will see Dean in Iraq I suppose...not.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I just don't know which was worse, having Geraldo or Hillary there

really, despite my dislike for her, I think it was VERY thoughtful of her to go!

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Yes, she was smart to go...just didn't get much mileage- and why now???- out of the trip.

I was impressed by his guts. Johnson's trip pales in comparison to Bush's night drop into a warm zone.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 11:18 PM
link   
...Geraldo works for FOX now!!!

Go figure- remember Al Capones vault???

HeHe

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join