It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Objective Force Warrior

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter
Soldiers already have protection from AK-47 rounds. They just insert ceramic plates into their vests. The protection that the new suit will provide will be much better.

How many soldiers have the ceremic plates on?

and I was not talking about the old ak-47 I was talking about AK-74!

What better protection will this suit provide?

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Doesn't the AK-74 use a smaller round than the AK-47. I thought it was in the 5.5?mm range.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Doesn't the AK-74 use a smaller round than the AK-47. I thought it was in the 5.5?mm range.

close to same bullets deosnt mean same force!

the AK-74 has a much better killing range.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Appearently, they'll be using nanotechnology.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Most of the weapons a US soldier will encounter will be carring the AK-47 though.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 01:29 AM
link   
It means that by 2025, soldiers could be wearing thin uniforms

By 2025 Russia will be in the ball game too.

and this is a maybe.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 01:29 AM
link   
They look insectoid... is this the resurrection of the heavy infantry and their tactics?

de

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Most of the weapons a US soldier will encounter will be carring the AK-47 though.

Most of the Russian troops use ak-74.

and also the armor willnot stop the ak-47 bullet.

maybe a weak m-16!

which is US tech!

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian
It means that by 2025, soldiers could be wearing thin uniforms

By 2025 Russia will be in the ball game too.

and this is a maybe.

Your right about that maybe. I dought that Russia will be in the ball game by then. Also the first generation uniforms will be coming out in two years the second generation in about 6 years and the third in about 22-23 years. That is not too long.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian

Most of the Russian troops use ak-74.

and also the armor willnot stop the ak-47 bullet.

maybe a weak m-16!

which is US tech!

I am not imagining a US-Russia war for a long time. I am talking about 30-70 years from know. I believe that the USA and Russia will become stong allies as the people from the Cold War die off.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 01:40 AM
link   

I am not imagining a US-Russia war for a long time. I am talking about 30-70 years from know. I believe that the USA and Russia will become stong allies as the people from the Cold War die off.

Russia and US will NEVER be REAL ALLIES!

Russia and US will ALWAYS compete.

and for RIGHT NOW US is on top.

But that will NOT last!

Russia and US will ONLY BE ALLIES in an event like WW2.

Where they are BOTH in DANGER of being taken over!

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Are you really sure about that. The Cold War is over. That is where your feelings are coming from. In the following decades I can see the United States become allies and friends.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Are you really sure about that. The Cold War is over. That is where your feelings are coming from. In the following decades I can see the United States become allies and friends.

Sorry WAY to MUCH DIFFERENTS.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Like what? The United States has many different people from all the world. There are some that are like Russians and there are some who are not. There are some who care and there are some who do not.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I can see bullets fired from an assault rifle becoming more or less obsolete in the near future, at least when fighting other military forces. They will still be good against rebel type forces that don't have any armor, but against a US soldier I think they will be useless. It seems that more and more soldiers are using RPGs against US forces. With the advances in the new armour they will become that much harder to kill.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenkoolaid
I can see bullets fired from an assault rifle becoming more or less obsolete in the near future, at least when fighting other military forces. They will still be good against rebel type forces that don't have any armor, but against a US soldier I think they will be useless. It seems that more and more soldiers are using RPGs against US forces. With the advances in the new armour they will become that much harder to kill.

Dont forget them advanced protection you get the better weapons other people make.

so it will always be the same in fighting.

for example when you put a security alarm on your car do people not steal it?

they find other ways to steal it.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I am not saying there isn't going to be ways to kill US soldiers, I am just saying the bullet may not be it. It is naive to think that the bullet will always be around. Look how long the sword was the weapon of choice in many parts of the world, but now it is obsolete, same with the bow and arrow, crossbow, mace, spear, lance, etc etc.

Who knows what we will have in the future, blasters, microwave weapons which cook the insides of enemies, plasma guns, sonic weapons, the possibilities are endless.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenkoolaid
I am not saying there isn't going to be ways to kill US soldiers, I am just saying the bullet may not be it. It is naive to think that the bullet will always be around. Look how long the sword was the weapon of choice in many parts of the world, but now it is obsolete, same with the bow and arrow, crossbow, mace, spear, lance, etc etc.

Who knows what we will have in the future, blasters, microwave weapons which cook the insides of enemies, plasma guns, sonic weapons, the possibilities are endless.

True.

the bullets are going out of buisness soon.

i think it will be either micromaves or lasers.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Please, Russia Has LONG WAYS TO GO, even IF america has 10-15 yrs to go, Russia has 30-40 until they can afford to make it. Russian, whats your anger against the USA? Jelous of the USA? I read all your posts and you are so angry, are you mad at something? Its okay to be in denial, visit www.teamgod.net and we can resoult your problem.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 02:52 PM
link   
If you got one of those suits. Painted it black and put some red markings on them then they would strongly resemble the MJ-12 troops form Deus Ex.

Back on topic.... Apart from USA which other countries are experimenting with laser technolodgy. Im sure someday lasers will take over the role of bullets. But with the OICW and these new suits. The US army will truely look like an army of the 21st century.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join