It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Philadelphia Phillies

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   

The Phillies have been playing pretty good ball of late, they've improved their record to 21-24, still 3 games under .500 though. They just took a series from the first-place Cardinals and just this weekend took a series from the first-place Orioles. Tonight they start a 3-game series against the second-place Marlins in Florida and then travel to Atlanta for a 3-game set with the NL-East leaders. Needless to say, these are very four important series to the Fightin' Phils and they've already taken the first two.

Tonight they're facing their division rival Florida Marlins, with two of their best pitchers facing each other, Jon Lieber vs Dontrelle Willis.

The Phils hold a 1-0 lead in the 4th inning. They could really use a win against the D-Train tonight to get back into the division hunt, the Braves have been sliding a bit lately.

[Edited on 5-23-2005 by ProudAmerican]

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Bottom of the 7th, that 1-0 lead ha sllipped away, as the fish now lead 4-1.

As far as the season goes, I believe that they can pull it together. As far as being in last place, they are the closest last place team in the league. And if they pull one, or both of these series, they will have taken a big step towards getting out of the celler.

Believe

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Great pitching matchup tonight in the Phils-Fish series.

Brett Myers vs Josh Beckett, should be a low scoring affair.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
UP 2-0, bottom of the 4th, they should make up for last night's loss...

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
The Phils had the game, they were up 3-2 with two outs in the 9th when Billy Wagner gave up a solo homerun to Damian Easley. Delgado went on to knock in the winning run in the bottom of the 10th inning. Tough loss for the Phillies.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
That really blows. Do ya thin they can pull it off tomorrow?

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The Phils have been playing great baseball of late. Last week they were 6 1/2 games out of first in the tough NL East and they entered tonight's double-header just 2 games out. The bats have been awesome and the starting pitching almost as good. The bullpen is still having their moments but the offense has been picking them up.

They lead Game 1 already against Arizona today 8-1 off two Bobby Abreu homeruns and 11 hits in the fifth inning.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The Phils took both games of the doubleheader!

Just a game and a half out of first place now.

Polanco had two homers in the second game.

:party-smiley-018:

TRD

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 06:10 AM
link   
They had a great night. They seem to have turned it around in the last couple of weeks. The league they are in is pretty damm close, no one has pulled a gap yet on the others. The Phillies just need to keep it up.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Yeah, a game and a half out, and they are the hottest team in thier division.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Florida loses!

Atlanta loses!

Phillies win their sixth straight game!

The Nationals are playing great ball too and the Mets still play a doubleheader today. Should be an interesting division all summer.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Even better, this leaves the Marlins in last place. :bounce:

Team W- L - GB

Washington 31-26
Atlanta 30-26....1/2 game behind
N.Y. Mets 29-26... 1
Philadelphia 30-27..... 1
Florida 28-26..... 1 1/2

The standings as of Sun afternoon with the Mets still to play two today.

[Edited on 6-5-2005 by ProudAmerican]

TRD

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I know the Phillies won, but i'm pissed with them and Wagner..

I had a bet running, Washington to win with a -1.5 handicap, Baltimore to win -1.5 handicap, Pittsburg to win -1.5 handicap, St Louis v Houston over 7.5 runs, Texas v Kansas over 8.5 runs...

So i got them all up except i had the Phillies to win with a -1.5 handicap and they gave up that run in the last innings...

Still i should have quite a large sum to come back but just for the accumalator it would have come to $12,600

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Wagner gave up that run and stranded a guy on 3rd base, I was biting my fingernails off. Looks like you did pretty darn good still, but it would have nice to get the sweep, thats alot of loot.

One more game tomorrow afternoon for the Phils against the D-Backs, nice to make it a sweep and win 7 in a row. They have a good pitcher going in Brandon Webb but the Phillies bats have been smoking and the Phils have Corey Lidle on the mound, he's been pretty good lately.

TRD

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Yeah i did a perm up so i should still win a fair amount, my biggest win so far this season.

Yep the Phils are looking good at the moment and they are pitching alot better. And the batter are giving them a bit of run support now.

posted on Jun, 8 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Caught the Philles game tonight, what a beautiful night for baseball. I actually took my mom, she hasn't been to the new Citizens Bank Park yet, so I took her and she had a blast.

The Phils shutout the potent Rangers offense and won 2-0 behind Robinson Tejada who was making his first-ever MLB start and Billy Wags came in and closed it out in the 9th. Too bad they gave Jimmy Rollins the night off, I like watching him play.

TRD

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Cool PA....

The Phillies are definatly hot right now..

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Nice gift for your Mom, dude! And the Phils topped it off!

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   
They're spanking the Rangers tonight, 10-4 in the sixth inning.

Already 7 homeruns hit tonight between the teams.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Walk-off three-run homerun tonight by David Bell in the bottom of the ninth!

That's 10 wins in 11 games and 6 games over .500, they were 6 under just a couple weeks ago.

:party-smiley-018:

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join