It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Hey, get a life!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Funny article I found comparing Star Wars nerds to baseball rotisserie nerds, the timing is good as the new Star Wars movie was just released.

Never understood the "Star Wars'' thing. Oh, sure, the movies are OK. But nobody has ever been able to sufficiently explain the benefits of wasting a whole day in line instead of waiting 10 days, showing up 10 minutes before start time and still having a chance to stop for popcorn.

"Star Wars'' geeks vs. Rotisserie geeks. Who's less nerdy? (If you're both, sorry, you're too far gone.)

* "Star Wars'' geeks show up at noon for a 9 p.m. start, for a movie that would be the exact same experience three months later. Roto geeks stay up until 3 a.m. to see the Web site update the league standings, in June, for a season that ends in October.

Less nerdy: "Star Wars'' geeks. At least they get a good night's sleep.

* Every few years, "Star Wars'' geeks put their lives on hold to celebrate George Lucas' latest offering. Every night, roto geeks put their lives on hold in the faint hope that Ray Durham will steal a base.

Less nerdy: "Star Wars'' geeks. They're never disappointed.

* "Star Wars'' geeks don't date because their parents won't allow girls in the basement. Roto geeks don't date because no girl could ever be as exciting as Todd Helton playing at Coors Field.

Less nerdy: Roto geeks. At least it's their own choice.

* "Star Wars'' geeks know Queen Amidala's entire family tree. Roto geeks know the Rangers' fifth starter.

Less nerdy: "Star Wars'' geeks. Would you rather look at Natalie Portman or Ryan Drese?

* True "Star Wars'' geeks wear costumes and/or carry light sabers. True roto geeks wear baseball hats and carry a sports section folded over to the box scores.

Less nerdy: Roto geeks. Sometimes it's better to blend in.

So that makes it 3-2, "Star Wars.'' Let's throw in a bonus question: If the life story were made into a movie, who's more likely to be played by the kid from "Napoleon Dynamite''?

We'll call that one a tie.

www.mercurynews.com...

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
What about the people who fall into both catagories?

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!

You missed the third paragraph.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican

You missed the third paragraph.

Maybe you should've put it in bold or something.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Maybe you should've put it in bold or something.

LMAO!

Why do you ask, do you fall under both categories?

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Well, maybe I'm a little bit of each...

I've never dressed up like C3PO, though. Did you catch that skit last night on SNL where they were in the theater al dressed up?

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   

I've never dressed up like C3PO, though. Did you catch that skit last night on SNL where they were in the theater al dressed up?

I did see that, that was funny. The couple complained at the end that people were talking and the lady told the black guys to keep it down.

top topics

join