It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: NY Yankees '05

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
So whats wrong with the $200 million payroll Yankees?

They're 4-7 and their starting rotation is getting hammered. They gave up 7 runs yesterday, 8 on Friday and 8 on Thursday. They're in Baltimore today with Kevin Brown on the mound and they're already losing 6-0 in the 2nd inning after a Miguel Tejada grand slam.

ARod is hitting .220 with 1 HR and 4 RBI's after 11 games.

You know the Boss cant be too happy with the results of the first team with a $200 mill payroll, including a $100 mill pitching staff that is giving up runs like handouts.

www.sportsline.com...

TRD

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Playing Baltimore at this time was not good for them as there bats are on fire at the moment. In yesterdays game all of the side managed hits, some one hit but most of them 2 or 3 each lol! Same is happening again today.

Its too early in the season to say with the Yankees but they do need to step it up a bit. I think last season they wasn't doing that great at the start and it took them a little while to get started.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I've never seen ARod go through a slump like this.

He's 0 for 2 today with a K.

On the season now in 51 at-bats he has 12 strikeouts and 11 hits.

His bat is really hurting them right now, an almost automatic out right in the middle of their order. I wonder how many LOB's he has already this season.

TRD

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 01:40 PM
link   
They do have alot of supposedly great players, but do you think teams are trying THAT bit harder against them. A-Rod is meant to be there best player? But just because he is slumping shouldn't be an excuse for the rest of the team to be doing so bad.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
His slump isn't the excuse at all, just part of it. I think their biggest problem right now is their starting pitching, they are giving up way too many runs. The offense is producing some runs even with ARod struggling but not as many as the pitching staff is giving up. That's a 100 million dollar staff BTW.

I cant say that I mind seeing Toronto and Baltimore on top of the AL East.

TRD

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Well alot of people thought Toronto would be the whipping boys lol. I know there is a long way to go yet and things will most prob change. But if the Yankess lose today and TB beat the Red Sox (currently winning 1-0) then the Yankess will be in last place.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The Yankees lost again, 4-8 now. :party-smiley-018:

A Rod did have a homerun today, still batting just .241.

Kevin Brown gave up 6 runs in 6 innings to pick up the loss.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
With the ballpen giving up 209 total bases, 77 runs, 14 HR's and only 4 wins in what 12 games what do you expect. Thats 6 runs and nearly 17 bases per game... The pitching sucks big time at the moment.

Ben

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
It is true that the yankees are sucking it up pretty badly right now, but its only what 12 games into the regular season, and there is still plenty of months of baseball going, i think george pushed teh panic button too early with the comments that he made

TRD

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Well they just spanked 13 runs in the 2nd against TB today. Lets see how the pitching holds up...

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Yeah, Streinbrenner really ripped into them.

It must have worked though.

The Yankees just put up 13 runs in the 2nd inning against Tampa Bay!

They went through the batting order twice.

Here's how it happened, last batter at the top........

Williams flied out to right. 3 outs
Jeter walked.
Womack grounded out to shortstop. 2 outs
Martinez homered to center, Rodriguez, Giambi and Posada scored. (Grand Salami)
Posada singled to right, Matsui scored, Rodriguez to third, Giambi to second.
Giambi intentionally walked.
Lance Carter relieved Rob Bell.
Rodriguez doubled to deep left, Williams and Sheffield scored, Matsui to third.
Matsui singled to right, Williams to third, Sheffield to second.
Sheffield singled to left center, Jeter scored, Williams to second.
Williams singled to right, Womack scored, Jeter to second.
Jeter singled softly to right, Martinez scored, Womack to third.
Womack reached on an infield single, Martinez to third.
Martinez doubled to right, Giambi scored on right fielder Singleton´s fielding error.
Posada grounded out to second, Giambi to third. 1 out
Giambi doubled to right.
Rodriguez homered to left, Matsui scored.
Matsui walked.

TRD

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Thats some good going, i was watching the live updates watching the runs go up and up lol!

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
A Rod hit another homerun, he has 6 RBI's in the third inning.

Now they're up 15-2.

All of the sudden he's hitting .281.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The Tampa Bay whipping boys?

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I heard from a "reliable source" that Steinbrenner called Bud Selig and told him that he was going to expand the Yankees roster to 75 players and there's nothing he can do about it. My source also said the Yankees are just about to aquire the entire roster of the Pittsburgh Pirates for $25 million and a player to be named later.

Ben

posted on Apr, 19 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Who saw the yankkes pound the d-ryas last night?

posted on Apr, 19 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
Who saw the yankkes pound the d-ryas last night?

The D-Rays gave it right back, beating the Yanks and Randy Johnson 6-2.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
They are having a bad start, but I'm sure they'll return to the typical Yankees and win somewhere around 90 games. Just like the Yanks, my Braves are slumping...

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by GiantsFan
They are having a bad start, but I'm sure they'll return to the typical Yankees and win somewhere around 90 games. Just like the Yanks, my Braves are slumping...

Are the stars finally lining up?

Ben

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
What is going on with the Yankees? Stein just ripped into them, and the yankees performed the very next day winning in big fashion of 19-9 over the Rays, but these past couple of games have been hard to watch, and today just adds up to another list of losses by the yankees.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join