It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our children

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Have we been forcing our children to worry about things that they don't even have to know about? I have heard kids that are fifteen and fourteen years old discussing Bush, Saddam, and the War in Iraq! Am I the only one who finds that a little bit strange. They are so young, they don't need to be worrying about stuff like that.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Well, I'm sure I'm one the youngest people here (although it seems to get a bit out of hand when I say my age), so it wouldn't sound very strange to me at least, but I'm not sure a child would be compelled into talking about those things if they don't want. I don't mind it unless they sound like utter morons who are trying to seem intelligent and sophisticated.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 07:18 PM
link   
They do sound like utter morons. They are biased by their parents and assume their rights. "You have the right to your opinon, even though it's wrong." I here that a lot when they discuss. And I just want to yell, "You're fifteen! You don't know anything about politics or religion (they sometimes discuss religion)." Your beliefs are just that: beliefs. They were how you were born and raised. It doesn't make them real.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I do agree that many of them are talking out of there ass because of what their parents and whoever says. I'm positive I know many people that age who aren't that naive.

[Edited on 11-26-2003 by Futs]

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 07:23 PM
link   
There is nothing wrong with talking to kids about what is happening in the world.
As long as you talk to kids about what the truth is, I dont see a problem with it.
If you dont tell them ,then they will hear it from other kids at school or wherever they may be and that's where the problem is.....children imitate their parents from what they see at home and where they are brought up.......if the parents or caretakers take responsability for their childrens up-bringing with care and truth ,then I dont see a problem of having to lie to children of what is going on in the world today!

Why shouldn't children be told the truth and with no rascist views whatsoever.....but as we all know, today the world is so full of pretentious and mixed views of information out there ,that even our children are suffering because we choose to allow it to happen!

Be honest and up front with your child/children and teach your child to love and forgive because when they are older they will understand the things that are sometimes very difficult to explain .........and though they may not be in agreement (depending the age of the child) they will think back to what was said.....of-course depending on how one has gone to explaining the situation in the world....

Children of all ages should be brought up to respect their elders and to imitate them, but if a parent has brought them up with lies and untruths, then that's where the problem begins!

One needs to know that no matter what they learn in the outside world the most important thing one remembers is how one was raised and brought up!
Though it may seem that the truth may hurt them, it cannot be more harmful then telling children lies !

Of-course,young children need not to be exposed to tv media of what is happening in the world....but if the child is old enough to understand and ask questions, then I believe that the truth never hurts!
helen....

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 07:27 PM
link   
But the thing is that the truth is what the parent will perceive. If the parent is Christian, they will teach their children Christianity, and they will believe that is the truth, even though it may not be.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Futs
But the thing is that the truth is what the parent will perceive. If the parent is Christian, they will teach their children Christianity, and they will believe that is the truth, even though it may not be.

If all fails.......Teach the child LOVE ...to always love everyone and to FORGIVE .....all people make mistakes and if we all had LOVE and FORGIVENESS, the all else seems not that bad!

Whether one is Christian,Muslim,Jew etc........LOVE ALL ...all hatred disapperas when there is true LOVE and Forgiveness.
helen....

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by maynardsthirdeye
They do sound like utter morons. They are biased by their parents and assume their rights. "You have the right to your opinon, even though it's wrong." I here that a lot when they discuss. And I just want to yell, "You're fifteen! You don't know anything about politics or religion (they sometimes discuss religion)." Your beliefs are just that: beliefs. They were how you were born and raised. It doesn't make them real.

Huh?

I'm 14, but my beliefs didn't come from my parents. Even though I'm still young, I go out and look for info on what's happening (don't care about your problems with the Bush regime). I believe my beliefs are real. This should probably go into the rants section.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Yeah, I'd say the same thing about my beliefs, because I don't get them from my parents, although certain things I may get from my parents. I think I'm much different then them, though.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Im 14 and what I know comes from TV. and Bush just being a total jackass. We gotta learn somehow. All kids our age no bout the war in Iraq and Osama Bin Laden. Actually Osama and Saddam are my main material at the comedy hour. and so is Bush.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Perhaps I'm just old-fashioned. I didn't think kids today had to worry about that stuff.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Asshole

(I'm not calling you that, I wanted to see if that's what jucklebutt was...)

top topics

join