It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about laser eye surgery

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I was wondering about how safe laser eye surgery is safe. Has anybody in this forum done this kind of surgery before? The reason i want to know is because I want to be a pilot of military but I dont have 20/20 vision. So now thinking about getting laser surgery but I need some opinions before I try this kind so surgery. Thank you.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I have heard that its very safe, with the only questions about it being that they don't know the long term effects - ie:20-40 years, on the eye.

Don't get a surgeon who signs his name in the at the bottom of the eye though, thats a nuisance

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 06:22 PM
link   
correct me if im wrong but you have to have 20/20 uncorrected, right?

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Doesn't this belong in Heath and Wellness in Below Top Secret?

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I'm in the AF and have had PRK, they also are now doing lasix... very modern and experienced people are doing this.. they do pilots and navigators all the time.

My vision before surgery was 220/20, now its 20/15 natural visual degradation does occur so I'll be wearing reading glasses in my 60's..

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 08:49 PM
link   
My dad had the lasik eye surgery when it was first being done and he loves it. He has had no side affects and I am gonna get it when I am eighteen.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 02:36 PM
link   
i've known at least 5 people to have this done and they all like it and have no problems (one even went golfing the same day). i would like to go through with it, but dont' have the money.

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 09:04 AM
link   
my grandfather had it for progressive myopia(i think thats how it is spelt) 25 or so years ago, it did wonders for him

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 09:17 AM
link   

correct me if im wrong but you have to have 20/20 uncorrected, right?

You are correct. If this is the only reason you are doing it, it won't help you be a combat pilot in the military....unless this has changed in the past couple of years.... Note, you can still be a pilot in the military, just not a combat pilot (i.e. transport, refueller, etc.)

PS-Ask your local recruiter, but I don't think this has changed.... Sometimes, the particular service matters too, for example, the Coast Guard is more lenient when it comes to chopper pilots....etc.

[Edited on 31-12-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Strigoi, are you sure you're from Chillicothe, Ohio ?

new topics

top topics

join