It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't they owe us?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus

Originally posted by KrazyIvan

Originally posted by Dreamstone
I'm confused, isn't the entire nature of diplomacy based on past actions, on past decisions? Isn't the entire nature of the global system one of trust based on those past actions and decisions?

I believe that country's do in fact "owe" us. Aid in past events does matter in current ones, and the breaking of this subtle trust is what leads to trouble.

More of a political theory...anything else to add?

[Edited on 11-24-2003 by Dreamstone]

are you talking about europe and the other countries we've saved? if thats the case england dont owe us #, but all of europe does. France espically. they're lucky that we dont declare war on them. after all they did give sodamn insane a nuclear reactor. and the germans they owe us but njot as much. if it wernt for us all of there country would of been under soviet control and west berlin woulda starved to death. payback's a bitch!

1:why are u called ivan,if you're "sodamn american"...
2:the americans tend to think they won the war, tell me....wasnt it 2million russians who got obliterated untill your sorry asses got a move on

3:take ur meds.

insults. childish

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
Yeah! Don't trust those tree hugging hippies! They just want to save your seal or something.
I wrote a song about it. Wanna hear it? Here it go!

Save the seals
Save the whales
Pull the horses by their tales
Save the whales
Save the seals
We don't need 'em
We have wheels

Whatever floats your boat, dude.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I was being facetious. Actually, I was raised by hippies in CA. I'm no Liberal, though. I don't think I fit into any political party. I'm more of a Libertarian, with a hatred for politicians.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 03:13 AM
link   

if thats the case england dont owe us #

England was on the verge of defeat from the constant bombardment from Germany until we entered the war. Do I think they owe us from this? No. They have been our biggest ally since then. Even when the rest of Europe wants to consolidate and whine about the US.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
I was being facetious. Actually, I was raised by hippies in CA. I'm no Liberal, though. I don't think I fit into any political party. I'm more of a Libertarian, with a hatred for politicians.

I just sit back and watch most of the time.
And dance.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamstone
I'm confused, isn't the entire nature of diplomacy based on past actions, on past decisions? Isn't the entire nature of the global system one of trust based on those past actions and decisions?

I believe that country's do in fact "owe" us. Aid in past events does matter in current ones, and the breaking of this subtle trust is what leads to trouble.

More of a political theory...anything else to add?

[Edited on 11-24-2003 by Dreamstone]

I don't think that's the case when our administration goes around telling other countries what they're gonna do and when they're supposed to do it. Disrespecting other nations' sovreignty is not the way to cultivate relations. This administration doesn't have a clue about diplomacy and even if they did, they wouldn't give a rat's azz. It's the NEO CON way or the highway.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Maybe the "1st " world nations should just take over the 3rd world ... split it up... we could start with canada,,

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by groovyguru
Maybe the "1st " world nations should just take over the 3rd world ... split it up... we could start with canada,,

What?

Last time I checked, Canada was about as far away from a 3rd world country as I am from getting Anna Kournikova into my bed.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by JFetch

if thats the case england dont owe us #

England was on the verge of defeat from the constant bombardment from Germany until we entered the war. Do I think they owe us from this? No. They have been our biggest ally since then. Even when the rest of Europe wants to consolidate and whine about the US.

they put up more of a fight than the frenchies!

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mig12

Originally posted by groovyguru

What?

Last time I checked, Canada was about as far away from a 3rd world country as I am from getting Anna Kournikova into my bed.

No #, I think we were voted the best country in the world to live in about 8 years in a row by the UN.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
You can't trust liberals because they love life too much that is the reason.

The only reason they have ideals is in order to seduce the weak of mind to their causes.

Once they have you in their grips they then show you what lieberalism is all about, them getting what they want at your expense.

Funny how they spend all day long whining and crying about the right and accusing them of being like lieberals!

tosser.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 04:17 AM
link   
What's a tosser? Is that someone who likes to toss the salad of other guys? :shk:

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenkoolaid
What's a tosser? Is that someone who likes to toss the salad of other guys? :shk:

Wanker.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Would the US have joined WW2 if Pearl Harbour hadn't been bombed? Would they have just sat back and watched? Bit random but I was just wondering, cus it was the same in WW1, they didn't join until something directly affected them.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Russian, may I remind you that they made it a two front war after they were attacked by Hitler? After Hitler broke the treaty?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join