It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats for real?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Finally found a something to post here at my favourite board

My main question to you all is: What IS for real? Which Cryptid is the most likely to exist.
I am counting on the chupacubra/chupacabra, however you want to spell it. I also think 'Big Birds' do exist, eg the Thunderbird. And odd or undiscovered Fish of course!

Lets review the facts together...

Chupacubra
Not many photos. At all, alot of sightings and sketches. Even a few reports of attacks on goats. Where is it? We dont know....yet!

Thunderbird/Other big birds
I think there is a possibility that there are undiscovered birds. There is a photo that i am REALLY convinced by. There are old reports of giant birds carrying off babies or animals. Who says the birds must be big? there must be more smaller birds that are undiscovered.

Fish!
The ocean is so deep and large, there must be some strange fish waiting to be found. And sadly put in an aquarium...

What other cryptids are you counting on?

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I think it's Bigfoot/Sasquatch/Yeti. A giant homonid just makes perfect evolutionary sense. I just watched a crappy Sasquatch movie this weekend in Sci-Fi that did not do justice to the genre. I believe the animal could exist. It would be a communal animal that buries it's dead as we do. There are many different cultures that have a legend or story about a giant creature such as this. So it's my vote for the most likely cryptid to exist.
Thanks for starting this thread Monk. I think you should get the vote for ATS Cryptozoo-keeper of the year. (If there is such a thing !! )

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The sea and the rain forest are the two largest providers of new species.

I've read that there's so many types of insect, there is no hope of ever categorizing them all.

I'd imagine it's similar in the sea. It's deep and full of new surprises as the huge whale corpse showed the other day.

I have hopes that there's some kind of giant monkey-man running around and that there's some lake in the middle of the amazon with plesiosaurus swimming happily.

I think we've seen most of the types of animals there are, but I'd be shocked if there aren't a few surprises lurking around like a 100 foot shark or a small, bitey mexican creature or a monkey-man in Washington.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 02:27 PM
link   
i think there are werwolves just not in the way everyone is picturing them i think that werwolves were once regular wolves that got infected by rabies then it had pups and the rabies was written into its genetic code over time

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 03:35 PM
link   
What about the grays..... dont we have them tied up in dulce or roswell....or someplace like that waiting to be shipped to area 51?

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I think Bigfoot has a good chance of being real. It's not to hard to hide in a forest if you don't want to be found.

darklanser, I also saw that movie but I wasn't impressed at all.

I also think that the ocean is hiding a few creatures from us.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 04:52 AM
link   
I thin that unknown sea creatures are the best bet for being real... Lets face it.. we've seen evidence of giant squids wash up.. but there's been reports of dinner plate sized suction marks on sperm whales....Due to the limitations of depth, its logical that theres probably cryptids in the depths of the ocean that we could only dream of.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 05:16 AM
link   
what is this about a thunder bird ive never heard anything about that before and have u got this picture that makes u think they exist?

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Do aliens come under Cryptozoology? The more 'creature' like ones might do. Cryptozoology is just the study of 'hidden' animals. Any underdiscovered animal is a cryptid.

The sea has alot in store for us! If i had the money id buy a big sub and go down under and see what i can find...

Bigfoot/Yeti(whateveryawanacallit) I am sure exists. If you think about it, they are just big apes. But where is most likely? Or is there only one?

Werewolves could also come under spiritualism. Do you mean the ones which are men but transform at the sight of the moon? Or if you mean just wolf like beings, then im with you. There may be many undiscovered types of dog...Or cat for all we know!

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Lets think skeletons and bodies. There are many pictures of wierd skeletons or animal bodies. especially that Chupacabra embryo! They must have been alive some time..

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 12:18 PM
link   
i'm going to have to go with some type of dinosaur like creature, loch ness or mbembe, but bigfoot is a big possible find.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by kurtcobainuk
what is this about a thunder bird ive never heard anything about that before and have u got this picture that makes u think they exist?

here is a link about the thunder bird. It has a drawing and a painting. I have never seen a photo of this. I'd like to see it if anyone knows where to find it.
www.cryptozoology.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Thats a big bird, but it doesnt prove much. The only thing people will believe these days are photos.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I think the most likely of the "known" cryptoids to exsist would be bigfoot or something living in the ocean,

If you haven't already, you guys should check out The Bigfoot Research Organization. I've read over alot of their articles and links, and it's very articulate, scientific, and compelling. They have quite a bit of evidence for the exsistence of this creature that just can't be explained away. Even world reknowned scientists like Jane Goodall believe there is a very good chance this creature exsists. Compare that with the hard to dispute video, physical, and eyewitness evidence, I think bigfoot is for real.

The best place to find a new animal though is, of course, the ocean. We've explored so little of the world's oceans and can only go to certain depths, scientists estimate there are literally thousands of species in the oceans that have not yet been discovered. I'd bet there are probably some very strange ones in that group too. Perhaps some type of plesiosaur thought to be extinct, or giant shark or octopus. We are alreday finding evidence for such creatures.

We as humans seem to think that because we are so advanced and have learned so much over the years that we've explored and understand every part of our world, when in reality, so really know next to nothing.
There's an old saying that I think works very well here:

"The more you learn, the less you know"

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 08:57 PM
link   
i think that the sasquatch is very likely to exist, i just read a book on it, and it was very convincing, plus there have been so many sitings of these beasts

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 09:02 PM
link   
i believe that the sasquach and the lochness monster/nessie exist.

ID

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 09:08 PM
link   
El Chupacabra has all the evidence short of a caged one. You got dozens of eye witness accounts, attacks that cannot be faked by humans (in my opinion), and the skeletal remains of one. That is proof enough for me that these things did and most likely still do exist.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I think bigfoot creatures are one of the most likely to be discovered.

When I first moved to this area of the coast a local woman was on the news saying that she drove home late at night and when she turned the corner her headlights lit up a bigfoot standing in the middle of her street, then it ran away. They are called Yowies here, but they're the same as bigfoots.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Bigfoot-numerous worldwide sightings...makes sense evolutionary speaking.

Modern dinos-(Nessie, Mokelemobimbe, etc.) African tribesmen amazingly can accurately sketch a creature thats supposed to be extinct for millions of years? Nope...they saw them.

Chupacabra-matter of time only before this one's revealed.

i think there are werwolves just not in the way everyone is picturing them i think that werwolves were once regular wolves that got infected by rabies then it had pups and the rabies was written into its genetic code over tim

Depends on what you mean... If you mean men who can transform into wolves...no, I doubt it. However, Lycanthropy is a real and documented ailment (birth defect), and there are modern victims of this (they have hair all over their faces, and look like 50's movie era werewolves.) The cases go back to the early middle ages, and several portraits depict such victims (suspected that the defect was caused by inbreeding of royal bloodlines).... There's a whole family of them in Mexico that perform as acrobats in a travelling circus!

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I think bigfoot, way to many sightings of him...

from all around the world.... and maybe the goatsucker

top topics

<<   2 >>

join