It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beacon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Has anyone else ever picked up a signal radomly on their fm that starts with a tone that sounds like a radar blip that repeats until it is barely audible.... it is followed by a computer/robotic voice that says "you are listening to the beacon". and then repeats.
My husband and I have found this occur radomly on locations that do not normally play anything, they are not assigned to any station nearby. the signals always occured on Friday or Saturday nights.. from 11pm on.
Always gone the following day.
Has anyone else ever heard this?????

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I very vaguely remember a similar incident, but i dont remember too much about it.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by sftprez
I very vaguely remember a similar incident, but i dont remember too much about it.
Where were you when it happened?
I have heard this in GreenBay, WI and another location that I will not disclose. I am curious as to whether this is something that is nationwide or not.

Someone else must have heard this.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 12:53 AM
link   
with the proper equipment someone can hijack the airwaves for a brief second.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Sometimes on my shortwave I can pick up some random clicking, beeping, and then a wierd warbly noise.

On saturdays I can sometimes pick up a voice saying "At the sound of the tone, it will be >Enter time here< standard coordinated universal time."

Sometimes though the voice is feminine, but most of the time robotic.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by eagle
Sometimes on my shortwave I can pick up some random clicking, beeping, and then a wierd warbly noise.

On saturdays I can sometimes pick up a voice saying "At the sound of the tone, it will be >Enter time here< standard coordinated universal time."

Sometimes though the voice is feminine, but most of the time robotic.

Either you are delusional or dreaming. I say see a Dr. ASAP.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

Either you are delusional or dreaming. I say see a Dr. ASAP.

Shutup with the stupid comebacks, that is all I've been seeing you write so far today!

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Shutup with the stupid comebacks, that is all I've been seeing you write so far today!

Shut up with stupid quotes that get my comebacks. I have never seen you here before and you haven't written anything useful.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Shut up with stupid quotes that get my comebacks. I have never seen you here before and you haven't written anything useful.

WHATEVER! I've been coming here for nearly 5 months, before I joined the forum I came for about a year.

Go ahead and check all the topic's I've started, please, BE MY GUEST!

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 01:28 AM
link   
My bad...Looks like I have really got on your nerve. Sorry

Anyway, I'm Surfup. Nice to meet you eagle.

[Edited on 25-11-2003 by surfup]

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 01:30 AM
link   

My bad...Looks like I have really got on your nerve. Sorry

Anyway, I'm Surfup. Nice to meet you eagle.

[Edited on 25-11-2003 by surfup]

Apology accepted, I'm sorry for pointing out every single time that you said exit instead of exist.

Are you a fan of Napolean? Or just a fan of some good qoutes?

Uh oh, off topic.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Apology accepted, I'm sorry for pointing out every single time that you said exit instead of exist.

Are you a fan of Napolean? Or just a fan of some good qoutes?

Uh oh, off topic.

Both...I'm a fan of Nap. and good quotes.

By the way you spelled quotes wrong.

If you haven't noticed...the last 6 topics and now 7 are off topic.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Dont worry its just the CIA.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheyWatchYouToo
Dont worry its just the CIA.

Yeah...just the CIA planning the assasination of Bush. No worries.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I am totally serious here.
I was not alone on either occassion and the message repeated over and over for several hours until early morning.

This happened in two geographic locations that are more than 1000 miles apart... so I doubt that I was getting an fm signal from the same person each time.

I am taking it that I and my family are the only people to have caught a signal like this? strange.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 05:29 PM
link   
never heard of this on FM, but short wave yes-
check this stuff out

Numbers Stations-

www.dxing.com...
www.spynumbers.com...
home.freeuk.com...

I have used many samples in my music

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by exdog
never heard of this on FM, but short wave yes-
check this stuff out

Numbers Stations-

www.dxing.com...
www.spynumbers.com...
home.freeuk.com...

I have used many samples in my music

nope this was not a message via human voice at all.
They were tones somewhat like radar blips from subs and yet still very different. They were followed by a artificial voice that said "You are listening to the beacon" Then the tones would repeat again gradually getting lower in volume and the voice would repeat and so on.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
They were tones somewhat like radar blips from subs and yet still very different. They were followed by a artificial voice that said "You are listening to the beacon" Then the tones would repeat again gradually getting lower in volume and the voice would repeat and so on.

Yeah, I know what you're talking about. I can pick it up sometimes on my shortwave because I set it up to pick up some FM and AM stations.

I could either be a military station so that when ships are lost they can tune into that station and use "The Beacon" to navigate back home or something.

I've never heard it say that I was listening to the beacon, but after awhile I do hear a vary warbled message that I can't even begin to speculate what it could possibly be trying to say.

I believe you NephraTari

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari

Yeah, I know what you're talking about. I can pick it up sometimes on my shortwave because I set it up to pick up some FM and AM stations.

I could either be a military station so that when ships are lost they can tune into that station and use "The Beacon" to navigate back home or something.

I've never heard it say that I was listening to the beacon, but after awhile I do hear a vary warbled message that I can't even begin to speculate what it could possibly be trying to say.

I believe you NephraTari

Ah that makes sense. I was hoping someone would know what it was. I am going to look into that some more.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

You know I started this thread when I first joined ATS. I am not much closer now to understanding what that was. I am curious if any of the new blood might know more about a signal like this.

[edit on 6-6-2009 by NephraTari]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join