It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplained Mysteries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 09:12 PM
link   
The Netherlands -- "A motorist picked up a hitchhiker along the motorway. The hitchhiker announced that Christ would return soon, then disappeared. The motorist was so shaken by the experience that he parked his car on the hard shoulder to recover from the shock. He was approached by some traffic policemen to whom he told the story. They replied: `You are the eighth motorist today who has told us this.'" (TROUW, Netherlands, March 1991)

for more stories see the link below:
members.lycos.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Wierd. most of these stories are a little on the old side, though.

DE

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
Wierd. most of these stories are a little on the old side, though.

DE

Yeah sorry about that, but it's neat.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
It sounds like a spiritual being that is trying to make an impact. Normally the beings will only appear in ways that people can relate to religion or anti-religion, or some other belief system common in that community. The spiritual beings strengthen religions and belief systems by manifesting in particular ways. imo

[Edited on 12-11-2003 by Aztec]

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Aztec, i would tend to agree with that in many ways. I've had some very interesting encounters with God myself.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   
yeah those kinds of things are a little old. but it could have been a spiritual being, but it kind of sounds like a campfire story

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire
Aztec, i would tend to agree with that in many ways. I've had some very interesting encounters with God myself.

same here. I was shocked when it happened, but im sure it was God.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 10:03 PM
link   
sftprez, please feel free to discuss your experiences here, i'd like to hear them

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aztec

It sounds like a spiritual being that is trying to make an impact. Normally the beings will only appear in ways that people can relate to religion or anti-religion, or some other belief system common in that community. The spiritual beings strengthen religions and belief systems by manifesting in particular ways. imo

www.secretpens.org...

Yes these beings manifest "miracles" because they feed off of the awe and respect that we give miracles. They are drawn to mass religious hysteria like moths to a flame.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by manoverboard
yeah those kinds of things are a little old. but it could have been a spiritual being, but it kind of sounds like a campfire story

Well I know the magazine "TROUW". But it will be difficult to find a 1991 edition though.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 07:09 AM
link   
And the online archives are untill 1992...

www.trouw.nl...

top topics

join