It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1960s Federal Government prohibited subliminal advertising.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
It does work. Listen i have been hearing that damn Sprite advertisement so many times on radio, everyday. You know what, i went in a pharmacy one day, hot humid day, to purchase a bottle water, but ended up picking up a Sprite, i dunno, why even though ithe water cost as much as the sprite, and contains more fluid.

Subliminal messages work- OBey your thirst, remember that ad.

posted on Oct, 16 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I can't remember the name of the movie, it was along time ago,but a certain sect of people wore a special sun glasses which showed the sumbliminal messages that were on all the signs in the city. It was very eerie...I was about 13 or so when it came out.... does anyone remember this movie? It wasn't too far from the truth about sumbliminal messages...I still can't get over it.

Thank you,
Starr

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I remember the movie "They live", it was a great movie at the time. And I really liked the TV series "V", the green lizards disguised as human, you remember that?

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Oh, and crusader, you actually did a good decision to choose Sprite over the bottled water. Since that is one of the greatest scam ever, most bottled water is tap water that you are buying 10x the price. With some exceptions like Evian which I think is real mountain water (I may be wrong), but many people are complaining it tastes too much like sulfur.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
you know that seemed aweful rude and inflammatory for a post from a MODERATOR. aren't you supposed to be preventing that type of comment rather than making them.

Yes I do know, thank you.
How ever it still stands, as it was directed towards those who post one line, and have nothing more to contribute.

It is that sort of subtle trolling that creates an off topic deviation.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I've often wondered how many 'subliminal messages' are generated on the internet.

We all know the internet is a cesspool for advertising, and is quite lax on rules and regulations..

Ever wonder what's flying across your screen everytime you refresh or load a new page.. so much happens so quickly..

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 02:46 PM
link   
ufia:

Man, I remember that movie, that was crazy!

As for internet subliminal messaging, it would have to be in flash movies or something, it wouldn't work on a regular page.

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Oh, and crusader, you actually did a good decision to choose Sprite over the bottled water. Since that is one of the greatest scam ever, most bottled water is tap water that you are buying 10x the price. With some exceptions like Evian which I think is real mountain water (I may be wrong), but many people are complaining it tastes too much like sulfur.

Hmm Yea most of bottled water = Tap water, so true..... We have been hoodwinked into thinking it's spring water. What does sprite contain? Caffeine?

Very Bad for our health

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   
No caffeine in sprite, I know... no caffeine for me....

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kalapadea
ufia:

Man, I remember that movie, that was crazy!

As for internet subliminal messaging, it would have to be in flash movies or something, it wouldn't work on a regular page.

agreed, the problem with subliminals on regular pages is that pages load at different intervals depending on the speed of the connection. this makes adding effective and unnoticed subliminals very difficult and no longer worth the effort.

Redirect code is a great example. even if you tell the page to redirect to another on page load you still notice the page prior to the redirect, and the slower the connection the longer the original page is on the screen regardless of how long it's set to stay there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join