It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If given the task of downing a UFO - how?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I am wondering if anyone out there has put thought into a deffencive or offencive way, of downing alien craft. they seem to use magnetic anti gravity tech to maneuver in our atmosphere. (My theory is that out of our atmosphere we couldn't touch them as they would switch to a diffrent demensional system) .
But on our turf they seem more vulnerable to magnetic deviations. The partical beam weponry of the 80's seems to have been abandonded NON EFFECTIVE ?
The falling leaf way that some have described as a way of decending to land,and other descriptions of awkward manouvering at low altitudes seems to be the achilles heel. are there other methods that some of you out there have thought of that could provide this type of M.A.D deterrent. Regular weapons fired upon these craft either have no effect or are shut down prior to lock on them. Is there another angle on this that i am missing ? has the military come up with a new energy.
Park

[Edited on 23-11-2003 by parker]

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a nuke

big gun

big gun with big bullet

big laser

big laser with big power boom boom

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Maybe the development of a system like the star wars defence system. Lasers. However the star wars system was said to be like ' trying to hit a bullet with a bullet'. I really dont think we have ever taken out an alien craft but there is strong possibility that we have captured a downed craft. I dont think we would have the technology to catch alien craft.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I think we've seen one way already on the famous NASA Space Shuttle mission STS-48 video of an object being shot at by something very fast and missile-like in appearance. At least according to Dr. Jack Kasher of the University of Nebraska that is what we are witnessing on the video.

So we do have one type of weapon already capable of taking them down, and that was back in 1991. I'm sure there are other methods as well.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 10:03 AM
link   
heelstone, that is a good point. Of course, that video shows 2 shots being taken at that thing, and both completely miss it lol.

Hopefully, if that video is real, then we have improved upon our technology since 1991, if not, well..thats just sad

-wD

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Right. All the shots taken apparently miss. Since they scared off the UFO in the frame then apparently they are at least effective as warning shots and would likely destroy the craft it had it actually hit.

[Edited on 23-11-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I believe the best defense would be a type of laser beam, or some sort of EMP umbrella over our athmosphere.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 11:32 AM
link   
im fairly sure we have weapons (laser based missle defense system, could hit more than just missiles) and some missiles could take them down. we obviously have enough firepower to scare them away (that video)

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Im going to take a lesson from the terrorists on this one. I would see the UFO, wander out into some dark lonely field, (as the story usually goes), and wait for them to suck me up using there tractor beam thing. What they dont know is that I have a dirty nuclear bomb strapped to my chest under my jacket. BOOM.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Lucifer was the one which knew how to get an alien ufo down... wait till you are just as advanced as God... so you can fight against him... no sooner, for death will be certain.

The stupid weapons of menkind don't help.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 11:37 AM
link   
who know's, though, what kind of technology the aliens would have. They could have metals stronger than titanium that wouldnt even be effected by our missiles and lasers and nukes.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 12:27 PM
link   
maybe HAARP is realy an anti ufo system to attack unfriendly ufo's..

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The standard army practice is to upload a virus to the mother-ship, I believe.

I'd probably do that.

This is the most way-out question I've seen in ages

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 12:42 PM
link   
The ultimate weapon has to be....morning breath.....we could get everyone up...after a big nite of booze...smokes...and curry......then with one big breath......

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
I think we've seen one way already on the famous NASA Space Shuttle mission STS-48 video of an object being shot at by something very fast and missile-like in appearance. At least according to Dr. Jack Kasher of the University of Nebraska that is what we are witnessing on the video.

So we do have one type of weapon already capable of taking them down, and that was back in 1991. I'm sure there are other methods as well.

yep, and last month i was search a repoting site, and a person was on on a vaction trip near the bay area he said there was this ufo, and he was near a wierd space obseritory thing,

and there was 2 very bright flashes of light and the ufo was dancing away from a lazer

and yes, i have them sts vides and to anyone saying that there not "ufo" then you just dont want to think that ufos are real

[Edited on 23-11-2003 by Dmsoldier]

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Magnetic weapons

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 02:17 PM
link   
maybe a big wooping stone gun?

or a very large EMP

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a railgun.
the kind SPESNAZ used to down the U.S'es x-37 when flying over moscow i believe.
i dont have a link, and the one i had's been out of service

my bet's on intelgurl, she's bound to dig something up*sighs with admiration*

compliment? nein...just trojan-sarcasm in play

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   
taking down an alien aircraft would not be an easy task considering that these extraterrestials are probably a million years ahead of us. if that is true then they would definitely have created aircraft that can withstand our means of weaponry.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by manoverboard
taking down an alien aircraft would not be an easy task considering that these extraterrestials are probably a million years ahead of us. if that is true then they would definitely have created aircraft that can withstand our means of weaponry.

thats even if u can have a rocket fast enf to hit it

top topics

<<   2 >>

join