It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Left-wing" and "Right-wing" invented by the French!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 09:48 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

In politics, right-wing is the opposite of left-wing, with both terms originating in the French Revolution. The aristocratic members of the Estates General or National Assembly would sit on the right of the Speaker, while the commoners would sit on the left. From this, "the right" came to mean support for aristocratic interests, or the ancien r�gime, while "the left" implied opposition to the same.

en.wikipedia.org...

This good... When y'all use the terms "left-wing" and "right-wing" you support French Ideas. And I know some of you wouldn't want that...

[Edited on 22-11-2003 by TheBandit795]

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 09:52 PM
link   
In the text:

Many have disputed this arrangement as simplistic; they argue that Russian-style communism does not really belong on the left and should be viewed independently of the conventional spectrum or placed in the right as authoritarian dictatorship.

Now repugnants (yes I'm labeling, but only for a few seconds)... Whaddya say about that???

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Bandit, you are an asshole! Yeah, I labeled you, but for only a couple minutes (I type slowly).

Yeah, I'd read that a long time ago and had successfully put it out of my head, until you came around. Thanks a heap!

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Why spank you very much TC. It's my duty, to break the insanity.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 12:31 PM
link   
But besides TC, it's pretty quiet here...

I hear the grasshoppers...

The Bandit has done it again!!!

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Yep and they invented the French-Maid outskirt too...

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 01:13 PM
link   
"In politics, right-wing is the opposite of left-wing, with both terms originating in the French Revolution. The aristocratic members of the Estates General or National Assembly would sit on the right of the Speaker, while the commoners would sit on the left. From this, "the right" came to mean support for aristocratic interests, or the ancien r�gime, while "the left" implied opposition to the same."

Cool thx !
And I thought they only invented .Surrender and
bathing once a week [only if they need it]
you really learn at ATS

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Still the same here in the states, but hey, GW Bush has " I love the Common Man" written all over him!

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Hehehe

Bush is a leftie!!! Bush is a leftie!!!

top topics

join