It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Threats of attack greater than 9-11...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 05:39 PM
link   
The US has just issues a new Al-Qaeda threat.

US issues fresh al-Qaeda warning

With the holy month approaching the US has greater fears of terrorist attacks.

Attacks could be 'more devastating' than those of 11 September 2001
The United States has issued a new worldwide alert about the danger of possible terrorist attacks.
The US State Department said there were growing indications that al-Qaeda militants were preparing to strike American interests abroad.

The warning comes in the wake of four blasts in Istanbul over the last week which killed more than 50 people.

US authorities warn that al-Qaeda will attempt to strike in a more devastating manner than on 11 September 2001.

news.bbc.co.uk...

With the holy month approaching the US has greater fears of terrorist attacks.

The article seems to state that the attacks will be outside of the US. It seems to me that the only place to attack the US outside of the US with as much devastation as 9-11 would be some weapon of mass destruction in Iraq.

Of course it also says that attacks on US soil can not be ruled out either.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 05:43 PM
link   
twitching on the puppets strings for a reaction that justifies a rediculous response of stupid laws written by the greedy few in control of nothing.
So who is in control and who is living in terror of the future events which will surely happen?.
Who will make them happen?.
?

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 05:48 PM
link   
That is true. Gotta keep the people living in fear. That way they will hand over their civil liberties and let the government and its friends do whatever they want for the sake of their safety.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 10:02 PM
link   
well i have had this feeling of uncirtanty over the last few days, as well as feelings that make me think something is gonna happen.

i dont know what it is exactly but i know my mind is absolutly raceing at a million miles an hour. my mind never does this, it's getting so bad that i am getting aches and pains in my neck and back and ive had headaches too over the last day or so.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 10:04 PM
link   
As long as Fear is there...and we terrorize the world unto our dictate. Our laws, our dogmas and our morals will be easily swallowed into the belly of man.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Even the Muppet public must get fed up with this soon. There is surely a limit in any normal functioning person�s brain as to how long they can get away with feeding us this #. A large attack will happen, I do believe that and I do believe there is absolutely # all that the normal citizen will be able to do about it when it does. This stuff though, is purely for the reason of making what comes after it more palatable and acceptable, as Unbalanced alluded to.

And for the why and wherefore, that�s a completely different story�

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Well im glad the "war on terrorism" is going so well [sarcasm]

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by uNBaLaNCeD
twitching on the puppets strings for a reaction that justifies a rediculous response of stupid laws written by the greedy few in control of nothing.
So who is in control and who is living in terror of the future events which will surely happen?.
Who will make them happen?.
?

the greedy few in charge of nothing, in opposition of the control now, do live in terror?

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 07:51 AM
link   
From the link:

"But the US Government has chosen not to raise the alert level in the US itself.
The colour-coded warning remains at amber - the midpoint on the five-level scale, indicating an elevated level of threat."

You only fear if all you read is the headlines.

top topics

join