It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People storm the Parlament in Georgia!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Is anyone watchig CNN?? Breaking news: people in Georgia have stormed the parlament during a session while president was speaking!
Nobody hurt, does look kinda cool though....

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 07:30 AM
link   
An international consortium is building an oil & gas pipeline through Georgia to move oil to and from the Caspian Sea to a Turkish Port so they won't have to rely on oil from the Persian Gulf.

So does what does the President think about this???

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 07:33 AM
link   
i was just watching sky news and bbc and it seems from what they said the opposition leader said, is that they were trying to overthrow the gov, or something like that.

is it just me or is the world getting crazier everyday

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Shevarnadze (sp?)is now being evacuated from the building, very chaotic situation.

Here is something for conspiracy theorists: the main oposition man who organised all this and who wants to overthrow the goverment, has been living in USA untill he was 29. Then he came back to Georgia to work as a justice minister, but resigned shortly after and "exposed" the corruption of current president, started a national riot which ended in this chaos now.
hmmmm has USA agent written all over his face, me thinks.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 07:42 AM
link   
interesting information paperclip.

could be a possibility, but why would the US want georgia??? i dont know where it is in the world could someone tell me??

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Georgia is one of the states of former USSR, geostrategic improtance because of the pipeline being built there.

I quote:

"The Republic of Georgia, with approximately 5 million inhabitants, is among the poorest countries in the former Soviet Union. The average daily wage is about $1. Pensioners get less than 25 cents a day.

But geopolitically, the country is of enormous importance. Georgia wants to join NATO. ......
An international consortium is building an oil and gas pipeline through Georgia to move oil from the Caspian Sea to a Turkish port. Caspian oil is seen as a way to decrease dependence on oil from the Persian Gulf. "

rest here:
edition.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 07:54 AM
link   
thanks for the info.

new topics

join