It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IS THE UK FULL OF Warm Caring People ???

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Exactly Blackwidow, we have been dealing with terrorism from the IRA for years and we have dealt with it peacefully (well...mostly anyway, except for some soldiers who were a little too zealous with their guns), and although it has taken time we a starting to see results.
You do not beat terrorism with war, history has proven this.

As for your comments KrazyIvan, they just show how ignorant and terribly stereotypical you are. Most of us over here don't drink tea, and believe it or not even most Cockneys don't have that stupid posh accent that you love in your movies. Most of the country just do not speak like that, and I'm sure that any Americans here who haven't just been to London (there's a whole country here you know?) can vouch for that?

Go out into the world and find out what it's really like man, not what you see in movies. That is just terribly sad.
I'm sure you'll come back on and make some statement like "Actually I have been to the UK...blah blah blah..." but from your comments, we'd already know that is a bull# lie.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Cheers John Nada

I totally agree with you there, stereotyping is such a common thing, you shouldnt tar everyone with the same brush. Doesnt matter where you live or who you are, everyones different in they're own way.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 07:10 AM
link   
What ho, I support Saddam Hussein, drink tea in the arfternoon ahnd play the old 'soccer' don't you know?!

#ing stupid yanks.

- HE JUST SAID YANKS!

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by �any
What ho, I support Saddam Hussein, drink tea in the arfternoon ahnd play the old 'soccer' don't you know?!

#ing stupid yanks.

- HE JUST SAID YANKS!

LMFAO

tallyho, your absolutely right chap.
Up for some tea and crumpets?

krazyIvan probably sees every Muslim as someone screaming "ALLAHHHHH!!!!...." Whilst firing a rocket launcher at the free world as he is jealous of their freedom, with their middle finger extended.

Oh dear indeed.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan

Originally posted by jawapunk
hey thomas crowne, i'm fairly sure that's not what the people form the UK here have posted, i think they firmly believe that those people you just called idiots, were demonstrating because they believe they've been lied to, been forced into a war by your president, and a war in which they didn't want to be involved, and the majority of Britons would rather shove a banger in their ass then have your president there on a state visit. The coalition of the willing? Whatever.

what would the britons do if terrorist pulled off a massive terror attack in Great Briton? say "bissiness as usual" and drink their tea?

[Edited on 11-20-2003 by KrazyIvan]

britons have been drinking their tea and carrying out business as usual for 30 years despite suffering and living under a constant threat of terrorist attacks.attacks and threats i might add carried out by men trained in middle east terror camps set up by the c.i.a paid for with funds collected and donated from american citizens all willing to help the the old country kill and maim women and children on the mainland.

we now have the best anti-terroist methods in the world
and our country dosent live in fear of the terrorists but some view americans a little differently.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

As far as the thread otherwise, I feel quite confident in saying that we Americans are fully aware of the fact that Britain is not full of idiots merely because of a bunch of morons getting press.

Im from the U.K and went to the protest. It's incredible that protesting against a President who is seriously damaging our world enviromentaly, politically and socialy, is scene as idiotic. I think you should stop being a #ing fascist and let people express their opinions around here without calling them morons, moron.

edit: I seriously want to point out that I have no hatred towards American people in general whatsoever. I just hate the people who are at the top.

Edite: I wish to point out that I have no problems with American people in general, I really like the U.S. I just hate the people who are at the top, #ing up our world.

[Edited on 083030p://555 by earthtone]

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire

Ho really ?

I thought that first the French had stole Qu�bec to the natives, after that the english had stole Qu�bec to the french, after the americans had tried to stole Qu�bec to the english, but failed because french canadians are headless fanatics ( that's the reason why we are capable of enduring you
) after the french canadians stole Qu�bec to themself... That's history, et oui, ce n'est que la stricte v�rit�.

heh, jolly good mate. apart from the enduring comment which i believe you've got backwards err, it's the other way round

Maybe you're right... but while I'm thinking to it... Non ! It's still the same...
Que voullez-vous ? C'est mon c�t� fran�ais !

Ps: I still don't understand why you came up with that French/English Bs annie

Eh?! annie?? make some sense man!!!!

It's just that you remind me some one else

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Justa thought for our American cousins.

Just as im sure in america there are individuals as well as organisations with their own less than mainstream agendas', the Uk has the a similar political and social landscape. The major difference I see (having lived in both the US and the UK) is that the British media is far more pre-disposed to present a balanced and coherent story, rather than a tabloid type story so common in the US.
With this in mind the Anti-Bush protests in London yesterday failed to attract the kind of numbers the organisers had hoped for....I tend to think the message they are selling is lost on the average British person.
It is true to say that there is a groundswell of discontent at Dubya's foreign policy, this is falsely based I believe on the propaganda put in the mix by the screaming minority.
Bush in reality is nothing more than a conservative.....a political stance that doesnt find favour with the egalitarian intellects of the British political system, the protestors yesterday were comprised of "the usual suspects" as well as the normal band of useful idiots, and ostrich impersonators.
The reality is clear in the UK, we might not agree 100% with US on matters of foreign policy, but there is broad agreement that getting it right in Iraq and confronting the global threat of terrorism must be acomplished.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Look REAL CLOSE at who the ORGANIZERS are of these "Protests". Not just in Britain but over here as well... Like Bob88 pointed out it's usually a relatively extreme group who has an agenda MUCH different than the stated cause of the protest.

Thus the "Useful Idiots" quote.

I would NEVER say a person is an idiot simply because they protest that which the disagree with.

I would say that a person who joins in on somebody else's protest withOUT figuring out who's really in control is "less than optimally endowed with grey matter"...

PEACE...
m...

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snake

FEEL USED ??????

Who are the Baby killers ?..You are !
Whos Aginst Peace ?..You Are ..
Whos Destroying the World ? ..You Are !!!

Who Wants to be the First to Repent ????

well thats a #ing put down

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
Look REAL CLOSE at who the ORGANIZERS are of these "Protests". Not just in Britain but over here as well... Like Bob88 pointed out it's usually a relatively extreme group who has an agenda MUCH different than the stated cause of the protest.

So what exactely are you reffering to Springer? Who's in control of the Anti-war protests? Who are these dangerous and mysterious 'Organisers'?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join