It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fiscal Conservatives? Not the GOP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Which party supposedly values fiscal conservatism? Since they assumed control of the House of Representatives in 1994, congressional Republicans have betrayed their party's reputation for thrift by tripling pork barrel spending. This, on top of criticism that Bush has increased non-military spending by more than 8 percent since he was in office. Such actions have led the comedians among Democratic House staffers to dub the Republicans the GOP - "Grand Old Porkers."

www.house.gov...

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I'll give you that BT! I guess I just find it a little odd seeing THAT coming from the dems.

What's the saying about people in DC: "don't just stand there, spend something!"

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 06:07 PM
link   
...it would follow, that since the GOP had started to lay the groundwork by getting US corporate backing in a disproportion amount over Dems, but could not get the "right" candidate to oppose Clinton II, that the Bush selection was highly fueled by the GOP's years of Pork?
Meaning that, a GOP Congress was insuring that the lion's share of media exposure and contributions will be destined to GOP coffers for the forseeable future?

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I'll apply the lesser of two evils methodology here, BT: Better us [gop] than them.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time
...it would follow, that since the GOP had started to lay the groundwork by getting US corporate backing in a disproportion amount over Dems, but could not get the "right" candidate to oppose Clinton II, that the Bush selection was highly fueled by the GOP's years of Pork?

What? Did you think that it was mere "coincidence" that they "selected" a man to intentionally bankrupt the Nation when Bush bankrupted two corporations & nearly bankrupted a State before getting into the Oval Office?

Or haven't you noticed yet that the government (either party, it doesn't matter) has been legislating the Middle Class out of exsistence? Bush's Bully Boy Gang & Corporate Cronies just happen to be doing it faster than any other "neo-President" before Shrub.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 09:26 PM
link   
What better then? Dean? Isn't he on record saying the middle class doesn't need a tax cut?

top topics

join