It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mini-nukes on US agenda

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian

its NOT Bush its just TECHNOLOGY ADVANCING.

You cant stop the technology advancement.

If we would a democrat as a persident it would be the same!

Welcome to the NEW ERA!

maybe maybe not...thats spectulation and we have no idea whether or not a democratic president would push for the research of new nuclear weapons...what we do know that is the current administration IS pushing for the research of new nuclear weapons that we do not currently have in our huge arsenal..

[Edited on 11-20-2003 by sirCyco]

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirCyco

its NOT Bush its just TECHNOLOGY ADVANCING.

You cant stop the technology advancement.

If we would a democrat as a persident it would be the same!

Welcome to the NEW ERA!

maybe maybe not...thats spectulation and we have no idea whether or not a democratic president would push for the research of new nuclear weapons...what we do know that is the current administration IS pushing for the research of new nuclear weapons that we do not currently have in our huge arsenal..

I will say it again.

TECHNOLOGY ADVANCEMENT!

NEW WARFARE ERA!

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I will say it again.

TECHNOLOGY ADVANCEMENT!

NEW WARFARE ERA!

yeah, a new age of warfare that will include nuclear holocaust unless we decide to use our new technology towards something alittle more usefull than mass death...

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Your crying over spilled milk, all the while, aiming your whinning at Bush and his administration.....
Little factoid:
"Facts at a Glance"
Link:
www.cdi.org...

"Uncovered Nukes: A fact sheet on tactical nuclear weapons"
Link:
www.clw.org...

Excerpt:
"The TNW arsenal of the United States is estimated to be numbered at 1,670 warheads. These are stored mainly at facilities in the US mainland, but 150-200 US TNW are deployed across eight bases in Europe. Estimating the Russian arsenal is more complicated. There are numerous conflicting accounts, and serious doubt about whether the Russians themselves even know the total number of TNW they have. The most recent estimate of the Russian TNW arsenal is around 3,590 deployed weapons, but when estimates of warheads stored or slated for dismantlement are taken into account, these estimates grow to as high as 15,000."

The point is whether the US or Russia or France or anyone is still testing nukes, building nukes.....the point is that there remains and will remain enough nukes, prior to any new building and adding to current stockpiles, enough force to devastate the world over a handful of times, if not more.

You crying over spilled milk by namely and chiefly calling out Bush....
Join the organization against nukes in the world....the arguement will stand a better chance of being really heard. Directing it at one man or one administration does not in no way, deter, prevent, nor stop the ethicical nor moral reasonings behind ceasing the continued building and testing of nukes.....
Peace.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 20-11-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirCyco

I will say it again.

TECHNOLOGY ADVANCEMENT!

NEW WARFARE ERA!

yeah, a new age of warfare that will include nuclear holocaust unless we decide to use our new technology towards something alittle more usefull than mass death...

The new mini-nukes are RESEARCHED.

Mini-nukes are accurite and will be used against terrorists that HIDE in FORESTS.

They will be used so US and other troops dont have to lose their lifes searching for terrorists in forests.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Your crying over spilled milk, all the while, aiming your whinning at Bush and his administration.....

I never directed this directly at bush...but he is the one in power at this moment and he could show everyone that we are going to lead by example...the u.s. goverment wants to tell all these other countries to stop building nuclear weapons all the while he is not even satisfied with global destruction he already has control over.....

and i think its fairly ridiculous to compare this to spilt milk...[maybe spilt beer]

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This is a more ethical, rational, effecient means of attack. By containing a nuclear blast to a underground bunker the US can do less damage enviormentaly. This could allow us to further reduce our total nuclear stockpile.

Instead of just say, lobing 100 Nuclear misilles at Moscow, in the event of a war, we could just use one or two. The remedial radiation would remain within the bunker.

Alos computers and GPS would make the weapons more effecient, Even if the bunekr busters made it to the edge of the bunker they would still hit the concrete and explode. Destroying whoever was inside.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   

The TNW arsenal of the United States is estimated to be numbered at 1,670 warheads. These are stored mainly at facilities in the US mainland, but 150-200 US TNW are deployed across eight bases in Europe. Estimating the Russian arsenal is more complicated. There are numerous conflicting accounts, and serious doubt about whether the Russians themselves even know the total number of TNW they have. The most recent estimate of the Russian TNW arsenal is around 3,590 deployed weapons, but when estimates of warheads stored or slated for dismantlement are taken into account, these estimates grow to as high as 15,000."

Really OLD information. All tactiacal nukes (Lance, Pershing II missile systems, and all howitzer fired tactical nukes) have been dismantled, and shipped back to the godd 'ol US of A from the Eurpean theater.

Dismantlement began in 1992 (INF Treaty), and was completed in June of the same year.

How Do I know? Where do I get my information from?

First hand knowledge. I helped dismantle them.

By the way, FAS has a website posting some weapon designs and
capabilities. Let me tell you, way off target(no pun intended, hehe).

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by websuspect
This is a more ethical, rational, effecient means of attack. By containing a nuclear blast to a underground bunker the US can do less damage enviormentaly. This could allow us to further reduce our total nuclear stockpile.

Instead of just say, lobing 100 Nuclear misilles at Moscow, in the event of a war, we could just use one or two. The remedial radiation would remain within the bunker.

Alos computers and GPS would make the weapons more effecient, Even if the bunekr busters made it to the edge of the bunker they would still hit the concrete and explode. Destroying whoever was inside.

I like the example "Moscow"

And Moscow will send their own 3 to 4 nukes!

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by websuspect

I like the example "Moscow"

And Moscow will send their own 3 to 4 nukes!

[sarcasm]Yeah, that's pretty funny alright.[/sarcasm]

It's good to know that ignorance exists on all continents.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 01:35 AM
link   
MIRV- isn't that what all of the US nukes have inside??

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join