It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

give me proof of an almigmty god

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 09:42 AM
link   
give me proof of an almigmty god.
or the other way around.
do not post any bible quotes, that wont satisfy me.
archeological evidence would be nice.
so give me some "real" proof here guys, and you might convince me. i have an open mind

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Yeah, but proof denies faith (apparently). It's the get-out clause so they don't have to think for themselves (in my opinion).

No offence to the religious.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 09:53 AM
link   
me also have a open mind, dont really want proof cause i can tell u already there aint none..And probably nobody of the god believers is going to take this serious cause they believe, its all in the word :]] so ill follow this toppic with great interrest

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 09:55 AM
link   
And yet the proof is all around you, inside you and be presented through others. If you need proof to believe in God as far as Him standing in your house showing you His magic and power..well good luck! I'm not one to say it won't/can't happen, anything is possible. And that would be the most concrete..or would it??

It's all about you, God and how much faith you have in life and creation. Faith is the bridge to belief. Find faith, and you may infact stumble upon God. Finding faith is easy, look beyond the earthly boundries that bind and tie us here, look around and above see past all the darkness and search the hidden light and magic..and that's my blah blah blah's for you. But then, most would say that because of my faith I'm pathetic and weak..that continues to be my test and I've passed thus far

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 09:58 AM
link   
If you want proof you really can't see it. You feel it. God's affection is in YOU. Not around you. It's about the fellowship of MAN. Conducting yourselves in a moral manner that does not make you an enemy to your own way of thinking. People that have faith in him is what the bible call a CHURCH. Not a building not any religion.
But us. We make the church in our hearts and connect.

[Edited on 20-11-2003 by U.S. Patriot]

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The fact that humans dont understand everything is why there is god in our culture. If we could understand everything there would be no question. Since we dont know what makes something alive, over something that is just an object, we cant say there isnt a god. That has a second side in that we cant say that there is one either.

[Edited on 11/20/2003 by Seapeople]

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
The fact that humans dont understand everything is why there is god in our culture. If we could understand everything there would be no question. Since we dont know what makes something alive, over something that is just an object, we cant say there isnt a god. That has a second side in that we cant say that there is one either.

[Edited on 11/20/2003 by Seapeople]

very good post Seapeople

there is some trouth to that.

when it comes to those saying that one can feel god, i am not so sure. i can feel the presence of the universe, but i don't feel the presence of an allmighty entity.
but there is an powerful energy surging through the universe, eminating from the center. maybe that is what "you" call god. but it doesn't have any counciousness on it's own. but it is real to me.
well, thats me

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Conducting yourselves in a moral manner that does not make you an enemy to your own way of thinking.

many people do this but dont exactlly believe in the christian bible.....does this mean they still goto hell??

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 11:22 AM
link   
That's a good point, sirCyco.

I've argued that issue with the Jehovas Witnesses several times. If a JW lives a life of abusing others and crime, he still goes to thier heaven. If I live a good life of charity and helping others, I go to hell because I'm not one of them. It makes no sense to me.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   
so its the usual chit chat again, the if's, the i can feel it, the heaven and hell...believe me iam a non-believer in god, i do respect people who believe in god also, i have friends who believe and who dont, my girl believes..i dont, so the question, has [and this is not to all of u who believe] there ever be a concequence for doing things that are though to be bad according believes..and dont tell me hell is where u will go, but a serious answer. If there is a god, why did things happen the way they did, now and back in the days ? Whats the difference between the devil and god ? hihi loads of questions, no answers, never answers..Its called a believe, a believe is something u cant show but have to believe..thats why there is no Proof...it cant be proofed because if it would be its no believe any more..then its a fact.
I believe most people now why an object is not alive and for instance we are alive..i can proof it so its a fact.
wich offcourse depends on what u call alive..
Isnt god created because its handy to control the masses ? Or at least was, since less and less people believe in god..will there be a time when nobody believes in god anymore ? I guess there will be, more and more people see know that believe or not, we all in the same # anyway..How can muslims [their god is the same as yours] kill christians in the name of god and christians kill muslims in the name of god ? does it really make any sense ? common that is...
Dont get me wrong, i know the topic is very very crispy, i dont say you should not believe [unlike loads of believers] or that its bad that u do. I dont dislike you because u believe and actually i dont care. See, we atheist are mostly much more liberal :]]]

[Edited on 20-11-2003 by jozuph]

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Here's a bit of "proof".........
God commandeth that you USE THE ATS SEARCH BUTTON!!

This topic alone has probably 100 pages worth of "does God exist", "proof for God", "proof of no God", etc.........

regards
seekerof

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

This topic alone has probably 100 pages worth of "does God exist", "proof for God", "proof of no God", etc.........

regards
seekerof

i did that, none of the "topics" you mentions came up.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 12:16 PM
link   
sorry, but I can offer no proof of the existence of God...I can also not certify the existence of the soul...and tire easily on the subject....now Funk...that's a whole nother ballgame

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 12:24 PM
link   
No problem...glad to help:

This is from the ATS search with this typed in:
"Does God exist?"

"What is God?"

"There is no God"

"God is real"

"Proof of God"

"God"

Hope that helps....multitudes upon multitudes of pages.
Enjoy....then look forward to what your comments are....

*edit* Links didn't work right so just goto the ATS "search" button and type those above lines in...one at a time.....enjoy.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 20-11-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirCyco
Conducting yourselves in a moral manner that does not make you an enemy to your own way of thinking.

many people do this but dont exactlly believe in the christian bible.....does this mean they still goto hell??

Follow GOD's word with all your heart (MEANING READ GOD's WORD, the bible) follow examples of the one's Christ showed us. I know we can be moral in OUR own way without GOD, we just use our own way of thinking, which gets us in trouble, but, he wants us to think the way Christ thought. No one is perfect, but, we try and try again. Just because we did something so wrong does not mean we are due to pay for it. We ask GOD to forgive show us a better life to help us make decisions to make us aware. He says HE forgives, but, we must forsake they way we have conducted ourselves and live a new life. Of course here in this present time, no government wil let anyone go unpunished by manmade laws which AGAIN GOD gave us the power to govern. (Book of Romans) Read the Bible as it if it where a Treasure not a comic book. We cannot be so disective but like children. When you show a child a trick, he falls in love with the way it played a mind game on him. Then he wants to spread it to the rest of the children cause he found something so intresting.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I do not feel God inside my heart or around me or anything like that. I see God's work, the universe, humans, DNA, quantum physics, Phi, existence of human conciousness, I see God there, in the order of things, order of Universe.

science=seeing is believing
faith=believing is seeing, you believe first, then you see and understand

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 01:27 PM
link   
...are the answer to the existence of God.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Here you go.
I am on this planet.
and God's gift to women.

easy enuff?
next!

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof

regards
seekerof

And 100 pages of bitching about "god doesn't exist" or "you're going in hell"

Damn, I love ats...

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Indeed, but it would be expected.

People feel strongly about religion, and any argument about it boils down to "Yes it does... no it doesn't....Yes it does... no it doesn't....", etc.

What gets me personally about the argument is that there's so many religions. How can one of the minority ones claim that thiers is the true, actual god?

Never mind, there's no point. Both sides of the argument can not be swayed.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join