It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another amazing ATS growth chart

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I ran a pretty simple little script to calculate the post count for each day on ATS, beginning September 1, 2002.

We've all seen the amazing traffic graphs, but this one is a much more solid indication of our community, it's growth, and especially our dedicated members.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yesterday, we had our highest post-count ever, at 1,843 posts.

Amazing.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 08:01 AM
link   
That's looking pretty impressive (love the new avatar by the way:up

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 09:17 AM
link   
How many points do we get if we can predict the date that we'll get kicked off the server?

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 09:20 AM
link   
It's my server, so getting kicked-off would be hard.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 10:11 AM
link   
So do we get points for predicting when the next big bandwidth move takes place??

(hey, everybody. Click on the ads of the folks you don't like. Make THEM pay for ATS!)

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 10:14 AM
link   
By the way, is this page an ongoing/updated page, or is it something you run on a regular basis? It's pretty interesting.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
By the way, is this page an ongoing/updated page, or is it something you run on a regular basis? It's pretty interesting.

The query to generate the graph is rather intense (in processor overhead, not coe), so I'm not making a page that dynamicly updates. Every once-in-a-while I'll update the graph with a new query.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I wonder if the posting data follows the 3rd wave kinda growth; this series of growth is found in the stock market and the ocean tides, where the third iteration of the sequence is the largest crash or surge. It would be neat to co relate the posts with u2u frequency. Ahhh.... such glorius data.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Wiliam, can you post our coverage graph (domains/countries)?

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kronos

Very Impressive numbers William, i've been here since late Oct and have also noticed the rise in visitations and new members since that time.

Kronos I like that idea!!

PS. We need a few more new smilies

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I'm not tracking referring sites and geographic data at this point. Our log files are extremely large, and I've had to cut back on what is logged to optimize the performance of the server.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Having posting / visiting sites IP�s it should not be that difficult and all data you already have. However it may be kind of additional member privacy protection what is maybe explainable in some way.
And of course it requires some additional processor�s time

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire

Originally posted by Kronos

Very Impressive numbers William, i've been here since late Oct and have also noticed the rise in visitations and new members since that time.

Kronos I like that idea!!

PS. We need a few more new smilies

and knotted undies.....

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 09:20 PM
link   
William, just curious what happenned to

Sept 2002
Oct 2002

and

Jan 2003

no visitors? or was that the pre upgrade server crashes?

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley
William, just curious what happenned to
Sept 2002
Oct 2002
and
Jan 2003

The big run of 0 posts from Sept. 22 to Oct. 11 I believe can be explained by Simon's forgetfullness (something to do with a payment to a domain registrar I believe
)

And the January downtime was due to exceeding the bandwidth quota on Simon's webspace account.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 07:20 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The weekdays and weekends are now color-coded. Now it easier to see that weekdays are typically our peak period.

And yesterday was another exceptional day at ATS with over 1,700 posts and over 14,000 visitors.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by William
The big run of 0 posts from Sept. 22 to Oct. 11 I believe can be explained by Simon's forgetfullness (something to do with a payment to a domain registrar I believe
)

And the January downtime was due to exceeding the bandwidth quota on Simon's webspace account.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SimonGray

Simon, Simon, Simon...!

Looking at the trend-line of the graph, nov02 to nov03=X10 growth..!!

Barring any unforseen circumstances, this time next year...

maybe 17,000 posts a day?! 140,000 visitors!!

and who knows how many pageviews with all that content floating around !

[Edited on 21-11-2003 by smirkley]

new topics

top topics

join