It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

immortality device... (SCAM)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2002 @ 02:03 PM
link   
anyone heard of Alex Chiu?
he supposedly created an immortality device...
i know someone who knows him... and he's a nutcase...
his devices don't make you immortal... but they do keep you healthy and help you live a longer life...
it's interesting...
check out www.alexchiu.com...

[Edited on 9-11-2002 by echelon]

*Added note to title*
Wikipedia entry on Alex Chiu

[edit on 22-6-2007 by dbates]

posted on Nov, 9 2002 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I can sum this up in one word..SCAM.

"The inventor explained that the fingers and toes are the negative (-) and positive (+) terminals of your body."

The human body is not designed to transmit electricity. True, it uses electrical impulses for muscular control but these impulses are transmitted by nerves, which didn't exactly grow outside of our body last time I checked.

"With a opposite pole on each side of the human body, blood circulation and electric current of the body are enhanced."

Truthfully, I have little understanding of the effects of magnetism on the transmssion of electrical impulses within the human nervous system. Common sense, however, tells me that these devices could not influence the human body any more than could the magnetic field of the earth. I also cannot fathom any possible connection between magnetism and the human circulatory system.

"Attention! You can also receive FREE Immortality Rings if you help me out!"

Something about that phrase just doesn't make the inventor sound very credible...

How long have these devices been out? I highly doubt long enough to accurately attribute any longevity/medical benefits to them. To establish any real trend of benefits, these devices would have to be in use over a long period of time.

I mean you no disrespect echelon, but I am highly skeptical of the topic you have presented.

posted on Nov, 9 2002 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I'm not saying the device works, but many people were considered nuts for thinking the earth orbit's the sun or that is was round... Even as far back as ancient times, the first works regarding atomic sturctures had been dropped...

Doesn't hurt to try it out. There is much we know, much more we don't...

It does sound and look very much like a scam though...

posted on Nov, 9 2002 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Eh...anything possibly increasing the average life span by even a few years is worth looking into...this is the best time ever, we need to milk life for all it is worth! Oh the discoveries that will be made in science!

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Originally posted by Shadow:

"Truthfully, I have little understanding of the effects of magnetism on the transmssion of electrical impulses within the human nervous system. Common sense, however, tells me that these devices could not influence the human body any more than could the magnetic field of the earth. I also cannot fathom any possible connection between magnetism and the human circulatory system."

its well known that magnetic fields affect the human body. living under or near electric power lines has been attributed to increased chances of developing lukiemia for example, on account of the large magnetic fields that surround the lines. whether or not magnetic fields can be used to prolong life is a different matter of course ...

- qo.

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Originally posted by FreeMason:

"Eh...anything possibly increasing the average life span by even a few years is worth looking into..."

i disagree. with a human population that continues to expand, a 'civilised' society that continues to gobble up natural resources like there's no tomorrow, an expansion of the average human lifespan is something we DON'T need.

- qo.

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 05:59 AM
link   
No you fail to see the NEED for longer life spans...HUMANITIES problems are all stemming from the..."I won't be alive then, so why should I care"

Besides, if you could live 1000 years, I doubt you'd be having kids after 60, or if your reproductive system adapted, you would not be having kids until about 500 years of age...the problem is the death rate would go down substantialy for a time, but expansion into space would solve that.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Originally posted by FreeMason:

"No you fail to see the NEED for longer life spans...HUMANITIES problems are all stemming from the..."I won't be alive then, so why should I care" "

that has ALWAYS been an issue though, and the world got along just fine anyhow. i see where you're coming from, but i don't consider longer lifespans as a solution to the problem.

"Besides, if you could live 1000 years, I doubt you'd be having kids after 60, or if your reproductive system adapted, you would not be having kids until about 500 years of age...the problem is the death rate would go down substantialy for a time, but expansion into space would solve that."

expansion into space? you're taking the piss. we don't have the technology to do so. we don't even really have the material to do so. we certainly don't have the social maturity to do so equitably.

- qo.

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I fear you underestimate us....

now are globe is ruined because of our short life spans...we just throw garbage and use up resources everywhere....it's our children's children's children's problem.

As for the going into space, no we have the technology, it'd have to start off as mining or some such thing...but it would quickly pick up as you finally move a decent amount of people to mars to actually start building stuff...plenty of iron and sand on mars to make a frame work and dome...getting there is the hardest part, and we can do that, just slowly.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason No you fail to see the NEED for longer life spans...HUMANITIES problems are all stemming from the..."I won't be alive then, so why should I care"

I think something you missed is the thinking that *some* people use: "I'll live longer now, so I'm going to be able to grab that much more before I die."

[Edited on 11-11-2002 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 09:54 PM
link   
i have learned alex chius techniques and have a read a book about wat part of my fingers can release stress if u know anything else please let me know

posted on Nov, 15 2002 @ 10:48 PM
link   
As I understand it the problem of aging is one of water loss at the cellular level. As the years pass in relation to mitosis each cell that is generated has less water in it.

The cure is then to find a way to maintain
that water level at amounts which correspond to a certain age.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I got the rings the other day and have been wearing them for a couple nights now - have noticed no real difference in anything yet.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Okay, this is clearly a scam.

The funny thing about these scams is, by the time the bearer realizes that the rings don't work... they're dead.

A dead person tends to have a harder time suing for false advertising than live people... at least I'm assuming so. lol.

[edit on 20-6-2007 by johnsky]

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Well His product States that if you wear this product backwards you will get really sick within hours.... Meaning if you don't you better return this for a refund when you try this on your mother in law

Besides immortality is a curse in disguise.

posted on Jun, 20 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
well magnets are said to have some sort of healing capabilities. There are many magnetic healing products you can buy such as magnetic soles (for your shoes), magnetic blankets (for your bed), magnetic jewellery (necklaces, and in this case... rings). I've never tried any of these products, i've always considered them to be a hoax. I don't see how magnets can affect our bodies. If you take two magnets and put them near each other, they will repel or attract each other, there is definately a force between them, but when you put your finger near a magnet, there isn't any force at all, so i don't believe magnets do anything to something that doesn't consist of metal. So in my opinion, its a hoax. The site looks like a scam site anyway, it looks like one of those typical type of popup's that have lots of colourful big bold letters and "testimonies" to con you into buying something that sounds too good to be true.

posted on Jun, 22 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Hi guy, I don't want to help a scam... but I actualy built myself these rings with 4 neodinium magnets to test (the only way to understand if something works... it's to try it)
I was not expecting anything to happen, but since some people looked very enthousiast about it... I gave it a try.
Now I'm wearing the homemade rings, the night, since 2 month already... and something really happened:
I had a few wart on a finger, and under the right feet (I often to swimming pool... # happen
); they completely disapeared in a few weeks. It took 3 weeks for the one I had on the finger to heal completely. And those under the feet took a few weeks more. I posted a few pics xmx.forumcommunity.net...

Now I didn't notice anything else... I mean... I'm 32 years old and in good wealth, so I don't have many thing to expect right now. But, since I already lost most of my hairs, if somedays I look like Bob Marley I let you know

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by echelon

Recent Pictures of Mr. Chiu would indicate that his invention dose not work.

He looks a whole lot older now than he did when he first appeared on the web...lol

Unless he dose not believe in using his own device to go against nature or some such thing...

On a side note:

I believe that his rings might be an aid in healing some illnesses, but immortality... nup sorry.

It is well documrnted now that magnets can help the human body heal & there are even clinics here in AU that have full Govt approval. In fact, they can even be claimed on though Medicare & Bulk Billing.

Magnets are starting to gain more & more Respect from the Medical/Scientific quater these days.

Now how these magnets differ from the harmful magnetic fields created by Powerlines or even CT Scanning Machines I do not know. But Science is starting to give magnets the go ahead, so there must be some benifiet.

[edit on 12/22/2007 by Ironclad]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Ironclad

Sorry to burst your bubble, but magnets are just a scam du jour.

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MurderSmurf

I know of a 2,800 year old man and he didn't use a device.

It would take me a whole book to explain what he did to become immortal and how he lives today. However the shortest verision I can give of his story is he simply does not believe in death.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join