It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Egyptians in Australia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 11:50 PM
link   
This pretty amazing surely it cant be a hoax also some good pics on the link:

After 5,000 years Australia�s Amazing Hieroglyphs still struggle for recognition ! Because this site is NON-ABORIGINAL - the Aussie Government still fails to protect it. Leading Australian researcher Paul White brings us this astounding story and translations of the Egyptian hieroglyphs found in New South Wales�.

The hieroglyphs tell the tale of early Egyptian explorers, injured and stranded, in ancient Australia. The discovery centres around a most unusual set of rock carvings found in the National Park forest of the Hunter Valley, 100 km north of Sydney.

In the 1950�s, a streamlined 4,500 year old hundred foot, ocean going vessel was excavated from right next to the Great Pyramid. In 1991 an entire fleet of even older boats was found buried in the desert at Abydos in Upper Egypt. According to Cairo Times, in 1982, archaeologists working at Fayum, near the Siwa Oasis uncovered fossils of kangaroos and other Australian marsupials. And there�s also the strange set of golden boomerangs discovered by Prof. Carter in the tomb of Tutankhamen in 1922. ��

www.para-normal.com...

If anyone on this board is from the land down under and has any free time to spare you should check out the park and send us some digi pics!

[Edited on 21-11-2003 by thehippiedude]

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Wow cool stuff, new to me.

Quite possible, remember that ancient egypt was not all a desert as it appears today. The oceans were possibly smaller and more shallow in those times and travel may have been easier for the ancients. There may have been more land mass in the Atlantic and Pacific ocean areas also to land at during long journeys.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 12:31 AM
link   
if i lived in sydney i would go have a look but as it is, i am 12-14 hrs drive away.

hopefully we have some sydney members.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 12:38 AM
link   

"For two seasons he made his way westward, weary, but strong to the end. Always praying, joyful, and smiting insects. He, the servant of God, said God brought the insects�Have gone around hills and deserts, in wind and rain, with no lakes at hand� He was killed while carrying the Golden Falcon Standard up front in a foreign land, crossing mountains, desert and water along the way. "

First of all, why wouldnt the sailors cross the Indian Ocean? That seems like an incredible journey to go westward. You would have to go around Cape Horn into prevailing winds and then cross the largest lateral stretch of ocean in the world, past New Zealand to hit New South Wales.

These hyroglyphics were found in NSW right? There arent too many deserts in NSW and besides that NSW is on the east coast of Australia! This talks about how he travelled west for two seasons to end up in the heart of NSW (which isnt very far west).

Am I confused? I think I am. Which scenario took place?

1) The boat ride took two seasons to travel 2/3 the distance of the globe when they should have only taken a few months and gone east.

2)The trip to the center of NSW from the east coast took two seasons (100 miles maybe), and thats pretty sad.

3)The Egyptians DID go EAST on the boat and also EAST once they hit the west coast of Australia across all the deserts and brush and through the swarms of insects, the interpreter just got it wrong and thought they said "west" when they didn't.

Man I tore that thing up. Awesome article! I havent been that interested in a long time..

*EDIT: After reading ausconspiracies post about the 12 hour drive Scenario 2 looks pretty good. My geography of australia isnt as good as I thought. I have a question though. It takes someone about 12-14 hours to drive 1000 miles here on an American interstate. Australia isn't that big is it? 1000 miles across NSW? Your roads windy or two lane?

[Edited on 11-19-2003 by insite]

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 01:11 AM
link   
He said if he lived in sydney.

I think this came up a year or so back but we didnt have any members nearby (closest was Qld I think).

Any of our members now from this area?

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Yeh NSW is quite big, 1000 miles could be about right (maybe a bit less actually north-south, east-west it could be about that). All the major highways are straight, only windy bits are in the mountains along the coast, and they are only windy for like 20 miles.

I'm about 4 hours away from where that national park would be, cant say i've ever been there other than driving near along the highway north of Sydney. The location is very vague though.

If those are actually where it is said they are, its amazing. Certainly never seen any Aboriginal art/carvings like those...

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Wow cool stuff, new to me.

Quite possible, remember that ancient egypt was not all a desert as it appears today. The oceans were possibly smaller and more shallow in those times and travel may have been easier for the ancients. There may have been more land mass in the Atlantic and Pacific ocean areas also to land at during long journeys.

This idea is covered in the book "Underworld: The Mysterious Origins of Civilization," which I'm reading now. As an example, from 17,000 to 7000 years ago, Australia would have been joined with Tasmania and New Guinea into what amounts to an even larger continental land mass. (p.56)

Also of interest, and supporting the idea that Australia was visited by sea-faring people from across the globe, would be astronomical terminology that is common to other remote areas of the globe. According to information from Russian pre-historian Boris Frolov, indigenous tribal peoples from as far apart as North America, Siberia, and Australia all refer to the Pleiades star-group as "The Seven Sisters," which leads to further speculation of sea-going traffic between continents in prehistoric times.

The reason that nobody has found any remnants of these prehistoric sea-going Australian settlements is quite simple. There are over 3 million square kilometers of Greater Australia that were submerged by rising sea levels between 16,000 and 7,000 years ago.
Where the coast is now, was once far inland. So coastal settlements of the era involved would now be on the ocean floor.

I'm only 120 pages into the book (out of 705, not including the index and reference notes), but I hope to make further progress over the next few weeks.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDemonHunter
The reason that nobody has found any remnants of these prehistoric sea-going Australian settlements is quite simple. There are over 3 million square kilometers of Greater Australia that were submerged by rising sea levels between 16,000 and 7,000 years ago.
Where the coast is now, was once far inland. So coastal settlements of the era involved would now be on the ocean floor.

Though your historical geography may be good, it does not really relate to the cultural aspects of early australian life. Aboriginals are some of the oldest people on the planet and are nomadic hunter gatherers. This means that structures were few and far between. Sea-going prehistoric settlements would just pick up and move inland with the encroaching sea. Aboriginals are nomads, water moving inland only gave them another reason to move. Keep in mind this took place over thousands of years, no cultural heritage would have been lost as a result of this geographic phenomenon.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 05:30 PM
link   
thehippiedude great i'm glad you mentioned this. I've read up on this as well. They found the ancient Egyptian mummy of a King there in a cave amongst wall carvings and objects. I'll save the link you posted so i can re read this. It has to be one of the most incredible yet unknown to the general public finds that i've come across!

[Edited on 22-11-2003 by Sapphire]

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 08:29 PM
link   
A few years ago, there was a major issue with some tobacco leaf that was found in a mummy. The general consensus is that it is the result of a cross contamination/ sloppy procedure (No smoking, in there, damnit!!!), bu some have postulated that it indeed came from the the Americas in ancient times.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by insite

Originally posted by TheDemonHunter

Though your historical geography may be good, it does not really relate to the cultural aspects of early australian life. Aboriginals are some of the oldest people on the planet and are nomadic hunter gatherers. This means that structures were few and far between. Sea-going prehistoric settlements would just pick up and move inland with the encroaching sea. Aboriginals are nomads, water moving inland only gave them another reason to move. Keep in mind this took place over thousands of years, no cultural heritage would have been lost as a result of this geographic phenomenon.

The problem is that everyone looks at the end of an Ice Age as a gradual deal, where the waters from a glacier slowly melt off, run off into the ocean, and the seas rise a few feet a year. If it is as simple as that, then yes, there would have been no loss. I'lll agree with that.

This may not be the case however. There is another theory on how the Ice Age ended, still over a period of time, but causing far more devastating floods than just a couple of feet a year.

As soon as I can find a site to reference it, I'll post it. I'm getting it from a book published early last year. The research is still fairly new.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by insite

"*EDIT: After reading ausconspiracies post about the 12 hour drive Scenario 2 looks pretty good. My geography of australia isnt as good as I thought. I have a question though. It takes someone about 12-14 hours to drive 1000 miles here on an American interstate. Australia isn't that big is it? 1000 miles across NSW? Your roads windy or two lane?

[Edited on 11-19-2003 by insite]

Hate to burst your bubble mate but yes it is. Australia is pretty much on a par land mass wise as the USA.

And I cant check this out unfortunately, I'm about 14 hours drive away from Sydney too.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 03:40 AM
link   
I found a site that has some info on what I'm talking about.

The Flood

[I]n 1975, Casare Emiliani, of the University of Miami, studies the fossil remnants of microscopic organisms under the sediments of the floor of the Gulf of Mexico. From his studies, he concluded that...[11,000] years ago,...the Gulf of Mexico contained water that was much less salty than it is today. He suggests that the ice sheets had undergone sudden melting and that a vast flood of water had entered the Gulf of Mexico and raised the sea level markedly.

The suggestion was largely ignored because it was difficult to imagine the ice melting that fast, but, in 1989, John Shaw...made a suggestion as to...how such floods might come about.

The region where once the ice sheets were found have a scattering of low hills called "drumlins." These are usually supposed to have been formed by [the] grinding action of glaciers as they came and went. Shaw, however, feels [that] they may, more easily, have been formed by a rush of water.

He suggests that the ice sheets did, indeed, melt very slowly but that the water did not necessarily run off, soak into the ground, pour into rivers and reach the sea as rapidly as it formed.

Instead, water might have slowly settled down to the bottom of the ice sheet, soaked into the ground until it reached the bedrock and slowly accumulated there. There would, thus, form what was, essentially, a lake of water under the ice sheet, and this would be prevented, by ice dams, from spreading outward.

Eventually, though, as the glaciers continued very slowly to melt, sections of the ice dam would waken and...break. The lake of ice water that had been pent up would then pour out seaward in a vast flood that beggars anything we can imagine.

Shaw has calculated that something like [20,000] cubic miles of water may have poured out of the ice all at once to form the drumlin fields of northern Saskatchewan....

The Amazon River, the largest on Earth, takes ten years to discharge [20,000] cubic miles of water into the Atlantic Ocean, but the ice lake may have discharged it in a matter of a few days only.

These sudden occurrences of "dam-breaking" release of sub-glacial waters could account for more sudden changes and for the flood story that nearly every civilization has.

This is closer to what I'm talking about.

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 05:27 AM
link   
pretty interesting,
there appears to be more sites aswell also some egyptian artifacts found

members.ozemail.com.au...

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 08:34 AM
link   
MMMkay.... I do have some comments:

The cave glyphs at this site are a modern hoax:
members.ozemail.com.au...

Hieroglyphic writing was developed only 1800 years ago and we do have good examples of the oldest forms of it. Now, none of us are PhD Egyptologists but you don't need that kind of expertise to be able to look at the rock picture and the real hieroglyphs to see that the forms are wrong and they were drawn by someone who didn't understand anything about the writing. And that lower picture of Set is just dead wrong; something that a worshipper would never do (the shape of the ears are wrong and the shape of the muzzle is wrong and he's not carrying his attributes. But that wouldn't be important to someone scratching out Kewl Graffiti) : news.bbc.co.uk...

Furthermore, that's not the style of hieroglyphics they were using back then:
news.bbc.co.uk...

Lots of dubious interpretations here:
www.awarenessquest.com...

The Toowoomba "Inscribed Stones" are another hoax. Take a close look at the "writing." Now look at the REAL Phoenecian alphabet: www.geocities.com...

Some of the artifacts are genuine, but what's missing is real documentation. The "His papers seen to have mysteriously disapeared from The Australian Acadamy of Science Library in Canberra" doesn't count as documentation or proof.

Artifacts found in the field are easy to misintepret without a good exploration of the site by professionals who would know a real piece of Phoenecian writing from a faked one (something that doesn't seem to have been done.) For example, I found a scarab out on a piece of property here in Texas, buried in the dirt, but you shouldn't take it as a sign that the Egyptians had a voyage to Texas. It was a modern manufactured one and had been lost by someone and trampled into the mud.

However, a novice could have taken it as proof of all sorts of things.

I think the things on those pages need to be examined closely, but a lot of what's being reported there is just hoax or bad identification. The sad part about the bad identification is that it may be covering up REAL history.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Hieroglyphic writing was developed only 1800 years ago and we do have good examples of the oldest forms of it.

Correction here... On that same link you posted it says this "He says they are nearly 4,000 years old, dating from around 1800 to 1900 BC."

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Certainly seems plausible. After all, it's been proved that the Egyptians had the technology and craft to make such voyages, and it is all but proven that they traded with the ancient empires in South America.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Correction here... On that same link you posted it says this "He says they are nearly 4,000 years old, dating from around 1800 to 1900 BC."

Ooops! Caught! Eeek!

Good catch!

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I don't mean to 'rock the boat' so to speak, ha ha!

but what about the idea that ancient egyptians were descendants of the atlanteans and we still don't know for sure where atlantis is or was or wherever.

provided you have an adventurous mind of course..

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Hippiedude,

that is the best AVATAR YET!

ROFLMAO!

big nuts eh!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join