It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Passion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 10:54 AM
link   
This is a film about the last 12 hours of Jesus' life. I've been following news on this film for a while now, and I'm hoping it will come out as it is now, without editing, which the ADL wants. They say it will cause more anti-semitism, and they claim it has already. I'm looking forward to seeing it, though. Anyway, for those who don't know, at present the dialogue is all in Latin and Aramaic, and as of now, there will be no subtitles. Mel Gibson, who produced and funded the film out of his own pocket says that there will be no need for them.

here's a link to view the trailer:

THE PASSION OF CHRIST TRAILER

Here are some pictures from the movie:

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 10:58 AM
link   
parrhesia yes im looking forward to seeing this movie as well. I'm glad Mel Gibson isn't bending to anyone and going ahead with this movie. More power to him!

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire
parrhesia yes im looking forward to seeing this movie as well. I'm glad Mel Gibson isn't bending to anyone and going ahead with this movie. More power to him!

Absolutely. All this fuss from the ADL has made me want to see it more. I truly hope he doesn't give in. He's put a lot of money and effort into this movie.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   
looks a good film its caused a stir but im not paying �5.00 to watch a film all in Latin and Aramaic and maybe it will end up in subtitles. due to the fact that a special preview of it the people decide it needs it and i hope it does

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Of course it needs subtitles...

It will die in theaters with or without them, but it better make the DVD....

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 11:29 AM
link   
How come Jesus is a white guy that looks like Cesare Borgias in the movie if its supposed to be authentic?

[Edited on 18-11-2003 by Colonel]

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
How come Jesus is a white guy that looks like Cesare Borgias in the movie if its supposed to be authentic?

[Edited on 18-11-2003 by Colonel]

Ya, he does look like him now that you mention it.
Anyway, I suppose it's just like any creative work, the final product is the vision of the one who creates it. Maybe Caviezel is how Gibson pictures Jesus. Who knows.
Caviezel iis a great actor, though. He should be good in this.

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 07:38 PM
link   
He DID get struck by lightning tho---TWICE---while doing this film. Strange, indeed.....

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Yes, that's true. It's crazy.

Here's an article on it

Jesus actor hit by lightning
24/10/2003 07:20 - (SA)

Italy - The actor who plays Jesus in Mel Gibson's film The Passion of Christ has escaped injury after being struck by lightning during filming.

The incident is the second bolt to hit the set of the movie in Italy.

The film has drawn complaints from religious leaders. Jewish leaders say it suggests Jews were responsible for Christ's death. Conservative Catholics who have seen the film have called it a powerful rendering of the hours leading up to Christ's Crucifixion.

The crew was on a remote location a few hours from Rome when the storm occurred.

"I'm about a hundred feet away from them," producer Steve McEveety said, "when I glance over and see lightning coming out of Caviezel's ears".

Both Caviezel and his assistant director Michelini were struck. The main bolt hit Caviezel and one of its forks hit Michelini's umbrella.

Neither of the men sustained injuries in the incident.

Michelini has been nicknamed Lightning Boy after being struck twice by lightning during the filming in Italy. He had already suffered light burns on the tips of his fingers in an earlier incident during filming on a hilltop in the town of Matera.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I'm sorry, what color guy would you have play the King of the Jews?
Hmm.....???

From the movie: "A Man Called Sarge" (great song)

Jesus was a black dude,
He was a very special man,
Jesus was a black dude,
not some white guy with a tan!

Jesus was a black dude,
You really oughta know,
Jeez....uhh...us,
he called everybody bro!

Sure, he was hit by lightning....even Jesus is a critic!

Of course, if it was true blasphemy, he'd be dead right? What, has God gone soft? In the old days, he would have been far more dramatic, say a pillar of salt, that kind of thing.... Damned lazy gods....

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I believe that I did read that the movie will have subtitles...and also that the name of the movie will be changed to ''The Passion of Christ'' ......

Looks like a great movie..

helen

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Im not a religious person but I am looking forward to seeing Gibson's take on this classic story. Good for him for not giving in to the those ADL bastards. They are always screaming anti-semitism over every stupid thing. F*ck those a$$holes.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 10:30 PM
link   
werent the jews ersposible for thedeath of christ? will somebody please explain that for me? oh yeah and the vatican gave the movie two thumbs up.

[Edited on 11-23-2003 by KrazyIvan]

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
This is a film about the last 12 hours of Jesus' life. I've been following news on this film for a while now, and I'm hoping it will come out as it is now, without editing, which the ADL wants. They say it will cause more anti-semitism, and they claim it has already. I'm looking forward to seeing it, though. Anyway, for those who don't know, at present the dialogue is all in Latin and Aramaic, and as of now, there will be no subtitles. Mel Gibson, who produced and funded the film out of his own pocket says that there will be no need for them.

here's a link to view the trailer:

THE PASSION OF CHRIST TRAILER

Here are some pictures from the movie:

i dont speak latin or aramic

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 01:12 AM
link   
It's rather fitting that the guy to play the part of Jesus Christ would be the one hit with lightning 2ce and he survived, that could be considered a Miracle. So if people think that it's a curse from God, why is the guy still alive, and, able to finish this Movie?

new topics

top topics

join