It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Betty and Veronica

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I just read a story in the NY Post about Archie comics deciding to change the look of their characters...

So far they've only revealed what Betty & Veronica will look like.

As someone who's been reading Archie comics for something like 20 years now, that's sure gonna take some getting used to. I understand their move toward more realistic looking characters, but when characters look the same for 50+ years... it's gonna take time to adjust.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
This new version will probably make some good bathroom material for the next generation of boys.

Peace

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Wow, what a bold move by Archie Comics. I'm having a hard time making an opinion on it.
On one hand, it is about time things get updated for a new generation with Archie books. On the other hand the "Archie style" is iconic.

At least they didn't make them look Japanese.

[edit on 21/12/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Ugh!!! They turned them into Trashy Barbie Doll looking things! I don't like it. :shk:

I've been a fan of Archie since I was around 7 or so. Don't read 'em as much as I used to, but still have my entire collection. I am curious as to how they are going to re-design the other characters - particularly Jughead and Moose!

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I don't know if I like the change. How will Jugheads nose look in a more realistic style?

I have been reading Archie comics since I was a boy so I am admittedly biased to the more 'cartoonish' look.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Here is the cover to #153. It has Archie on the cover.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I've been reading Archie comics for almost 30 years. I don't know if I can deal with this.

On the bright side, they will have to write a whole bunch of new stuff instead of filling half the digest with reruns. Unless they want it to look like total crap.

[edit on 18-4-2007 by Duzey]

top topics

join