It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm sorry I didn't see it before.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I recently got my hands on the December 2006 copy of the Counter-insurgency documents for the United States Army. ( FM 3-24 MCWP 3-33.5 )

Read on, I'll get to my point.

I've been reading through it, it's well put together, and extremely well informed. The people who released the documents shouldn't be doing what they're doing, they SHOULD BE IN CHARGE of everything going on with regards to counter-insurgency operations.

Not suprisingly, Bush has opted to disregard the documents and their suggestions in their entirity.
The documents quite correctly state that the one thing you NEVER do in the face of an insurgency is to place an open military presence in the field of operations. Open combat for the public to see plays directly into the hands of an insurgency.

Insurgencies gain their support from the populace by turning these open combat situations into propeganda to cause ordinary citizens to join the insurgency, many of them so despaired by the situation that they are willing to give up their lives just to get a little revenge against the opressors. In this case, the United States Military.

Now, the people in the Whitehouse aren't stupid. To believe so would be blind. So why would they be playing into the hands of the insurgents, knowingly causing the war to drag on. Essentially FEEDING the enemy exactly what they need to keep fighting?

I pondered this for a while, toiling over many situations. I can only derrive one reason.

The current US Administration WANTS THE WAR TO CONTINUE.

Now the why.
I have noticed time and time again, alot of the members of the current administration have close ties to the American war machine. Some, with direct influence and benefit.
With a continuous war raging overseas, this ensures that the US based companies who build arms and necessary supplies for the war will continue to raise their stocks.
With the field of operations being far from American soil, those who devote themselves to the insurgencies will never touch American soil, their targets are over there.
This profits the American economy, it gains support for the current administration (as any war often does), and it ensures distabalization of the region, so that future profit can be enforced.
The democrats, naturally wanting to end the war, would face almost certain defeat when attempted because of the level of which the war has gotten to. This would destroy public support for them should they enter office, and ensure another Republican government in the next term.

I didnt want to believe it before, I didnt think anyone could drop to such a level for money and power, but Bush actually wants this war to continue on. It's not for freedom, it's certainly not for peace, it's purely for MONEY and POWER.

And I'm sorry I didn't see it before.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Oh yes, if you want a copy of the documents, it's right on one of the government websites. I cant remember which one, I'll go through my history. Warning though its over 200 pages long.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Could you post a link? This could be good.

posted on Dec, 23 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
You can find it here, in my thread just for it;
Counter Insurgency Field Manual 3-24 [This is for you survivalists]

now I know, I am not appreciated....

join