It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien vs Predator

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Has anyone checked out the game AVP2? its great, you can play as an alien pred or marine!

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 05:20 AM
link   
yeah bought it ages ago never really played it (its on my pc)

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Now this is something I have been waiting for. Here is the basic synopsis - the second link has a more detailed one with spoilers.

Set in the early 21st century, this movie follows a team of drillers, scientists and archaeologists led by a billionaire industrialist who travel to Antarctica to investigate ancient pyramid ruins buried deep beneath the ice which predate those in Egypt and Mexico, suggesting they were once the home of a great empire that ruled over the Earth.

When they finally reach one of the pyramids, however, they discover human skeletons and fossilized remains of alien creatures that appear to hug faces and burst out of chests along with evidence that such aliens may still be alive somewhere in the ruins. The danger below them is frightening, but what the scientists also don't know is that something as dangerous lurks above them, happy to have had someone uncover the Aliens: a group of five teenage Predators, following a tradition wherein young Predators come to Earth every thousand years to go through their hunting rituals to reach manhood (or die horribly). The humans on the scene have to just hope they don't join them.

Apparently Lance Henriksen is signed up for this film, but he isn't playing Bishop, since AVP is a 'prequal' to the Aliens series.

movies.yahoo.com...

filmforce.ign.com... - This one contains spoilers

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SE7EN
also there still in the process of a new alien 5 with james camron on board with arni aswell looks most likely to be made

and maybe a new preditor film with the rock as dutch's son or maybe big vin rumor!

Jim Cameron and Ridley Scott said they would lose interest in making a sequel if Fox allowed this bull crap movie to be made.

This film is going to be sooooooo bad. It's being made by the hack that is Paul Anderson, who is currently wanted for crimes against cinema. He makes modest budget crap that make money because he slips in some scary looking monsters or something. The guy is a joke and he's about to destroy two of my most favourite franchises, I feel like weeping.

Remember all the atmosphere that was in the first alien films, a slow building terror? That'll be all gone and replaced with a few quick "jumpy" moments and some half decent effects, which will all be shrinked down to a nice 90 minutes so the dumb arses can follow it.

What has it all come to?

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
Now this is something I have been waiting for. Here is the basic synopsis - the second link has a more detailed one with spoilers.

Set in the early 21st century, this movie follows a team of drillers, scientists and archaeologists led by a billionaire industrialist who travel to Antarctica to investigate ancient pyramid ruins buried deep beneath the ice which predate those in Egypt and Mexico, suggesting they were once the home of a great empire that ruled over the Earth.

When they finally reach one of the pyramids, however, they discover human skeletons and fossilized remains of alien creatures that appear to hug faces and burst out of chests along with evidence that such aliens may still be alive somewhere in the ruins. The danger below them is frightening, but what the scientists also don't know is that something as dangerous lurks above them, happy to have had someone uncover the Aliens: a group of five teenage Predators, following a tradition wherein young Predators come to Earth every thousand years to go through their hunting rituals to reach manhood (or die horribly). The humans on the scene have to just hope they don't join them.

Apparently Lance Henriksen is signed up for this film, but he isn't playing Bishop, since AVP is a 'prequal' to the Aliens series.

movies.yahoo.com...

filmforce.ign.com... - This one contains spoilers

He's playing the guy that started the "company". They're basically just going to disregard the alien films so who cares about this s**t?
Remember at the end of alien3 when the real bishop shows up? He was the one that designed him? Oh yeah, that's how much these hacks love the alien franchise, they don't even remember that we've already had a human lance henrikson. What a joke.

They'll probably work it in as some "Oh no, he was actually an android pretending to be human at the end of alien3" or some crap like that.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
James Cameron and Ridley Scott need to make alien 5 to bring it back as it should have been like the first 2 films Fincher spoiled the 3rd and since then it went down hill. I remember reading something about it in one of the film mags ive got but james cameron is busy with his 3d imax #e so its on hold till then at least

[Edited on 6-3-2004 by SE7EN]

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   

James Cameron and Ridley Scott need to make alien 5 to bring it back as it should have been like the first 2 films Fincher spoiled the 3rd and since then it went down hill. I remember reading something about it in one of the film mags ive got but james cameron is busy with his 3d imax #e so its on hold till then at least

Yeah that's correct. Can you imagine these credits though...

A James Cameron production of...

A Ridley Scott film...

Alien 5

but oh no, instead we get Paul "I'll sell my soul for a quick buck" Anderson making some video game of a movie. Sickening.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Alien VS Predator looks to be chockfull of nasty wall to wall violence and gore right.? Wrong "We want a PG-13," executive producer Thomas Hammel told the insider on the Prague set. Which means the film is likely to be 12A/15 over here, "it's horror, it's thrills, it�s gore, but its not blood splattering the walls. Rateings have changed .I'm not sure Alien would be 18 now." it's a decision that will upset the fanboys, but could kickstart a successful franchize. Leading lady -and token human -sanaa lathan told us that she's signed for at least one more film. The original Alien queen Sigourney Weaver however, is not so convinced about the film,"Hmmmm, Aliens Vs Predators?" she laughed at the Empire Awards."Thats why I wanted to die in Alien 3!"

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 12:41 AM
link   
YEAH!!! I CANT WAIT!!!

That lookz like da shiot!

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 07:25 AM
link   
The trailer is up here

It still looks like a pile of crap to me.

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr. Know
This movie... goes to prove that Hollywood is out of original ideas.

The concept of an Alien/Predator movie has been around for, well, since the late 80's. At that time, and I do have a copy, there was released the comic book adaptation of it.

Then, too, you have to remember the scene in Predator 2, when the Pred is walking past his trophy case... see the Alien skull?

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I've been waiting for this movie to come out for ages! Predator is my favorite but I still like Alien. Predator 2 was my favorite simply because the Predator look more scary and had more high tech deadly weapons. I also like the fact that it could see in more than one spectrum of light. By the way, here's the official site for the movie:

www.avp-movie.com...

posted on Mar, 18 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I think I might have to be with John Nada on this one. I watched the behind the scenes trailer and it looks like it might be lame. But the again, what do I know?

I always thought the first two Alien movies were the best of all. Esp #1. There slow build is a dying art in movies. I loved the first one, with just a normal cargo ship crew put in a really sh*tty position. No he-men or unlikely Bruce Willis to the rescue scenarios, just a creepy, scary monster and a scared crew having very human reactions to it.

Aliens freaked me out. The whole idea of the hive/insect culture really disturbed me. I would not want to be cocooned! Yeck!

The first Predator movie was good, but had a little too much of a Rambo, Machismo aspect. Some pretty bad acting and cliches too. "He's dug in there like an Alabama tick!" C'mo guys!

Anyway, both movies have their good points, but I'll take the first two alien movies.

posted on Apr, 14 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
There is a new AvP "making of" creature featurette up on Apple's site. It does not contain much in the way of spoilers.

www.apple.com...

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I think the movie will be pretty good. I've been waiting for this for years too. I loved the games.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The probable value of the movie is almost sure to lie in the special effects and not the plot. Still I will see it for the SE alone.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Anybody ever read "Alien Vs Predator: Prey" by Steve and Staphanie Perry? Great book, I think it's young adult, but it's a great read. I recommend it to any fan.

If this movie is anything like Alien Resurrection, I will refuse to see it. That movie sucked my
. Horrible. And PG-13 for an alien predator movie?! I bet they're going to do that crap where they show an alien flying at someone's face and then cut to the next scene, haven't they learned that doesn't scare anyone?! What a jip. We want gore splattering on the walls!

And how exactly are they going to show that 5 predator teens want to prove their manhood? Have subtitles when they talk to each other? I'm probably going to end up seeing the movie, but I'll bet my right arm that it'll suck.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I went into this movie expecting there to be a total lack of plot with some good action. I was not dissapointed. There was a stilted story plot put into to lead to the action. There was enough gore to keep oneself interested(not as much as i would have liked..) And lots of slow building jump scenes that scared quite a few people in the theatre i went to.

IMHO its a good movie to see.... as a matinee. But then i dont believe that any movie is worth 7-8 bucks to see. $5 matinees are the best.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
It actually was not that bad! I really wish that they had cut the last 15 seconds out of the movie as the cheese factor had my natchos drowning, but it was not that bad.

One thing that needed to be explained better, if at all, is why there is no acid from the alien's wounds at times. You would not know it from the movies, but in the comics it is explained that if you make a cut at the joints it somehow does not sever the veins or something to that effect.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   

also there still in the process of a new alien 5 with james camron on board with arni aswell looks most likely to be made

and maybe a new preditor film with the rock as dutch's son or maybe big vin rumor!

how could they play his son? sure it would be a cool idea... if they were white. it doesnt make sense. i guess vin could cuz he's a mix tho. but not the rock.he belongs in action comedys and thats all. just like jackie chan.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join