It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sniper is GUILTY

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 11:00 AM
link   
i just heard on the radio, John Mohammad has been found guillty of all charges.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 11:01 AM
link   
from CNN.COm

Jurors find John Allen Muhammad guilty of terrorism, capital murder and other charges in the Washington-area sniper slaying of a man at a Virginia gas station. Details soon.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Boy, there's a shocker.

What really pisses me off is all the tax dollars that have been spent keeping these two in jail and feeding them, etc. OK, so they found Mohammed guilty of killing 10+ people, now what? They keep him in jail and continue to feed him and cost taxpayers more money, the guy killed at least 12 people, he doesn't deserve to see another day IMO.

I have heard that it costs on average $30,000/ per year to keep an inmate imprisoned. That is our money that are keeping convicted killers alive. I dont know how accurate that figure is but regardless, I dont think they should spend another dime on someone that has ruined so many lives. And if they are going to spend another dime on him, put it towards the lethal injection already.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I think the death penalty is one of the punishments in this case. Plus... another state also wants to try him for murders committed there.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
Boy, there's a shocker.

What really pisses me off is all the tax dollars that have been spent keeping these two in jail and feeding them, etc. OK, so they found Mohammed guilty of killing 10+ people, now what? They keep him in jail and continue to feed him and cost taxpayers more money, the guy killed at least 12 people, he doesn't deserve to see another day IMO.

I have heard that it costs on average $30,000/ per year to keep an inmate imprisoned. That is our money that are keeping convicted killers alive. I dont know how accurate that figure is but regardless, I dont think they should spend another dime on someone that has ruined so many lives. And if they are going to spend another dime on him, put it towards the lethal injection already.

money should be spent, why r u griping about a few dimes when the U.S has spent so much on promoting military defense??
i think you're wrong, no1, has the right to take lives away, why stoop to a criminal's level by recomitting the crime...

bad argument, im totally against killing, no matter how justified the cause is.

"who is that over there? do you know him? have you searched him yet? give him till tomorrow, if he doesnt confess then by god hang him!! hang him!!!"
what about the wrongly convicted?? put thyself in that position

Cyrus

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
I think the death penalty is one of the punishments in this case. Plus... another state also wants to try him for murders committed there.

It probably is part of the punishments but I'm curious as to what the average stay of an inmate is on death row. I've heard of some on death row for 10 or more years @ +/- $30k a year, you do the math. I just dont want to see any more of our hard earned money going towards feeding and housing convicted, cold-blooded killers.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus
money should be spent, why r u griping about a few dimes when the U.S has spent so much on promoting military defense??

A few dimes? This is one case of how many? Take a guess of how many inmates you think we have on death row in this country. And I do find promoting military defense a necessity, without it you might not have had the opportunity to make your post.

i think you're wrong, no1, has the right to take lives away, why stoop to a criminal's level by recomitting the crime...

bad argument, im totally against killing, no matter how justified the cause is.

I wouldn't consider executing a convicted killer with mounds of evidence against them stooping to their level. Have you ever heard of "an eye for an eye"? I think you're position on this issue might be different if one of the victims was someone you loved.

I can respect that you are totally against killing, as am I for the most part. But I feel in this case that someone who took away many innocent people from their loved ones should pay the ultimate price. These weren't accidental murders, they were pre-meditated, cold-blooded murders of innocent civilians and there is no place for that in our society.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Click for Story......

[Edited on 17-11-2003 by U.S. Patriot]

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 12:07 PM
link   
On a personal note I disagree with the death penalty.However,as the law allows for it then certainly this is an obvious case for it.

The only question I have is is this really terrorism or just murder?

I always considered this to be serial murder.

Is a murder committed by a muslim terrorism now?

This is what troubles me.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by John bull 1
On a personal note I disagree with the death penalty.However,as the law allows for it then certainly this is an obvious case for it.

The only question I have is is this really terrorism or just murder?

I always considered this to be serial murder.

Is a murder committed by a muslim terrorism now?

This is what troubles me.

Good Point......but if you had to live in my area where he was taking out people at random (I live in the District of Columbia Area) you would think of it as some sort of terrorism. He being muslim is somewhat of a coincidence.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Thankyou for replying US Patriot.

I don't think the death penalty is the issue here(not that you've said it is).Whether it is terrorism or murder the maximum sentence is applicable because they were serial premeditated killings.

To clarify the point I was trying to make a serial killer by definition is unstable.Often they claim God or the Devil had told them to do it.I don't think this man was a member of any terrorist organisation.So why have prosecuters indulged his delusion unless it serves their purpose?
The kid who flew his light aircraft into a building was he a terrorist or just a depressed youth?

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I grasp your point J Bull. The thing I guess is the effect of 9/11 and anything afterwards that pretty much sums it up. No more tolerance. I really cannot understand how and why they let the New Yorker go who chopped up that 81 year old.....

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 02:07 PM
link   
i think, regardless of whether or not he/they actually were guilty, they would have been found it anyway... There is no true way they could recieve unbiasness anywhere in the WORLD

top topics

join