It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Castro Near Death Says US Officials

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The US govt is saying Castro is near death, but in South Florida, the sentiment among the large Cuban population is that he is already dead and there's a conspiracy to hide his death.

Castro Near Death, U.S. Intelligence Chief Says

Cuban President Fidel Castro is very ill and close to death, Director of National Intelligence John D. Negroponte said yesterday.

"Everything we see indicates it will not be much longer . . . months, not years," Negroponte told a meeting of Washington Post editors and reporters.

Rumors Of Castro's Death Abound
As Castro ails, US readies for mass influx from Cuba

Perhaps the US will be able to develop a relationship with Raul Castro and end the hostilities and need for the wet foot/dry foot policy we have with Cuba by opening up economic and tourist opportunities to the island.

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Oh oh, that's interesting

But I think that to end the hostilities, Raul Castro will have to hold elections and step down. I don't think the US would wish to reduce hostilities with any member of the Castro family

They will probably relegalise the us currency they outlawed in 2005

Who's going to be Cuba's next ironman?

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Near death? How near? They said it over a week ago and he's still alive. At least, we THINK he's still alive. I wonder if he'll die off and no one will be told about it until years later?

new topics

join