It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Propaganda Media

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Oh yeah! Im the first post baby!

Which TV station do you think has the most propaganda?

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeingWatchedByThem
Oh yeah! Im the first post baby!

Which TV station do you think has the most propaganda?

CNN Definately. They've got their paws in everything, they control more than 60% of the market.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire

CNN Definately. They've got their paws in everything, they control more than 60% of the market.

i would agree. id think CNN would be up there

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Fox news, their anchor people seem more like actors than journalists.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 09:58 PM
link   
CNN, huge influence, most reporters and bureaus everywhere. Not to mention that they have very good relations with the Government.

Funny because my father is a correspondent there, and I grew up with news!

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 10:04 PM
link   
The TV station that has the most propaganda is the TV station that has the most gullible audience.
It doesn't matter how much of your # you try to sell - if your audience ain't dumb and conditioned, they won't swallow it.

If you're talking about the TV station that has the most biased view, that's a different story. And to tell the truth, it's going to be almost impossible for anyone to answer that question. You would have to have lived in different countries and been raised on a diet of their TV and then been able to compare them to other countries' - that takes years. You have to remember as well that all some countries have is State TV, so everything is basically propaganda.

Of course, the question above could be so arrogant and insular that it's just talking about American TV, but then who cares? That's just # anyway.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Nickelodeon is insidiously evil.

Except for that shining light of truth in current affairs, Ren & Stimpy.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Ren and stimpy, Allelulia.

The daily show is the most biased news show on tv. Could they make it any more of an election campaign for Pat Buchanan? Its getting ridiculous

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I'd say MTV has plenty of propaganda with their whole "Rock the Vote" thing, but so does FOXNews, and CNN, and whatever station carries that damned Pat Robertson. My thought is that all of TV is propaganda, it's just adjusted to meet the requirements of it's specific target audience.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 10:17 PM
link   
CNN... remember the Gulf War ?!

After the war was over, it was obvious,...with their reporters feeding the dis-info.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by insite
Fox news, their anchor people seem more like actors than journalists.

Accutuly I think Fox has the least propaganda.

Its all the others that have alot of it.

Especally CNN!

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 08:26 AM
link   
definately fox, has anyone seen the oreilly factor? we used to watch it cuz it was more funny than most sitcoms, once i saw oreilly turn a guy's microphone off and say he was wrong when he started to say the iraq war was about oil

but really it doesn't matter which channel has the most propaganda, cuz it's all from the same place

[Edited on 17-11-2003 by banjoechef]

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I don't think it's one network.. but one man..

Herlado Rivera !!!

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 02:08 PM
link   
the media (especially cnn) only tell you what they won't you to hear.

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Wrong question to ask BeingWatchedByThem.
Why?
Because alot of people who come here do not watch TV for the news, per se'......

The question should have been which internet site do you think has the most propaganda on it or gives the most propaganda.........?
That should be pretty interesting to see how many would respond being 1/2 to 3/4's goto so-called "propaganda sites".....but defiantly be worth seeing the answers to.

regards
seekerof

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Seererof

I don't rely on tv to get news, but I watch them sometimes. This way I know what the majority is thinking, or almost. Plus they sometimes have interesting polls.

On topic, I'd say CNN. It's the most "americanised", whatever that might means... and I defenitly think it's the most biased point of view you can get on T.V.

[Edited on 17-11-2003 by m0rbid]

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 05:37 PM
link   
All the major American networks are biased and right wing owned, operated, funded, etc... What do you think they are going to broadcast, all of the anti-war movements? They ahrdly even talked about the huge anti-war demonstrations in London today, even though the BBC, nad CBC have decent coverage of it. Its like the American media want everyone to think that no one is against their govt's actions. It's crazy, i'd be afraid if i lived in a country where you have to watch foreign media to know whats going on in your own country.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 04:15 PM
link   
MA is right about Nickelodeon. They simplify children's lives and force them to conform with story lines about being cool and fitting in, repeated over and over again, until the children memorise the dodgy scripts to the word. The use mind control methods and subliminal messages. Ever seen at the commercial break, where the screen reads for a good few seconds, "DON'T GO AWAY" in a large font against an orange background? And do you realise that nobody would consider what passes for a joke in one of their piss-poor comedy series remotely funny if there were no studio audience laughs?

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Every word uttered and read is propaganda.
I do agree that CNN and other stations are really good at painting a pretty picture.
Most news stations treat humans like robots, they push all the buttons they want to get what they want, i feel.
thats enough of my propaganda....

Just curious, what channel is CNN on where you people live?
Here it's channel 33, and i remeber hearing something about it being on channel 33 no matter where you go.
Im going to bet that its not true, but would be damn interesting if it were.
peace

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I would say thatMSNBC ranks up there too.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join