It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.humor: A Star Trek Christmas (or Twas the night before christmas...Next Generation Style)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   

PODcast: A Star Trek Christmas (or Twas the night before christmas...Next Generation Style)
It's the old holiday poem thats been 'vamped' up to the 'Next Generation'. A funny spacial remake of "Twas the Nite Before Christmas" with all your favorite characters from the Paramount Pictures/TV (Copyrighted) series... "Star Trek: The Next Generation"

Happy Holidays!

length: 03:15
file: btshpod_2068.mp3
size: 3068k
feed: btsh

[edit on 11-12-2006 by JohnnyAnonymous]

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Just a short FYI.
I personally own the whole Star Trek Theme Soundtrack CD's and this is a non-commercial production podcast so does not fall under any copyright laws.
But to be on the safe side, I used samples under 20 seconds and will give copyright accolades to Paramount Pictures and the "Star Trek: The Next Generation" TV series as I enjoyed the franchise so much.

The original poem "Twas' the nite before Christmas" by Clement C. Moore

Revamped Version poetic credit (we are guessing here as there appears to be many, many versions by a number of people claiming it be theirs):
Sub Space News (issue #1), John Shaw (The Stardate Before Christmas)

Happy Holidays to ATS and all the fine people here... I hope you enjoy the little
poetic massacre of a classic poem... "Twas the Nite Before Christmas".

[edit on 12-12-2006 by JohnnyAnonymous]

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Hell yeah, long live star trek!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
To whoever wrote that...

www.duke.edu...

www.pathcom.com...

Just a thought.

posted on Dec, 11 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Thank you for finally giving me the name of the gentleman poet..
I had recieved this many moons ago as an email from a friend
but had never been able to track down the original.

I've now included his name in my list of credits.

Thanks a million!

Johnny

UPDATE: There appears to be numerous people claiming this version to be
written by them. We also found three other versions to fit all the differant Star
Trek shows from the original show to the last series (which was actually
supposed to be the beginning of the Enterprise).

[edit on 12-12-2006 by JohnnyAnonymous]

posted on Dec, 12 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Excellent! I am a huge fan of Star Trek TNG, so this was a great humorous poem! And all set to the Theme Music. Good one!

posted on Dec, 13 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
An ABSOLUTE MUST for all you Trekkie Fans (includes the old Dave-A-Roo
).

Dave

posted on Dec, 14 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Q was always one of my favorite characters on STNG. You know he played Caliope's husband Ugene on GH back in the 80's?

But what I really liked...was the MOD coming in and giving you heck...neener neener neener...

Seriously though... great to hear this poem...you did it great justice as always.

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by justgeneric
Q was always one of my favorite characters on STNG. You know he played Caliope's husband Ugene on GH back in the 80's?
But what I really liked...was the MOD coming in and giving you heck...neener neener neener...

Seriously though... great to hear this poem...you did it great justice as always.

Thanks justgeneric for the comments...

I'm assuming that you mean't General Hospital(?) as that was the only show I could think
of that had those initials (sorry,, I don't watch soaps.. so am guessing here).

Yes.. the mighty "Q" was one of my favorites too... Always messing things up for the
continuum's enjoyment/pleasure (or his own in most cases).. Great character!

In regards to the mods and 'neener-neener-neener'... (lol). We shouldn't be hard on them.
They've got a job to do and it's not easy to moderate a forum (I moderate at several myself).
It's generally a thankless job that gets many more complaints than praise and is a pretty
demanding position (if not delicate one) to do... Attempts of trying to be neutral and
seperate the position's criteria especially if one knows a member can be very taxing on a mod...

Then too is the position of whether or not it's not more diplomatic to PM (or U2U) a member
about a situation or to make it public for everyone to see. It can all be very disconcerting and
troubling.... But in the end we have to remember that all mods and (yes even admins)
are human too, maybe they might be having a bad day (were all entitled to one or two aren't we?).

So I don't feel bad about the post, he/she is just doing their job...

Thanks for listening to my little remake of the TNG christmas poem...

Johnny

posted on Dec, 15 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I agree on that naughty MOD
a U2U is a much friendlier approach...the copyrights and credits is serious biz here though so thats likely why

I was just teasing anyway

posted on Jun, 24 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Absolutely wonderful..

Always entertaining..

I am finally almost moved into the new house so I have some time to catch up on all of my lost listening...

Keep up the wonderful work Johnny..

Semper

top topics

join