It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Hare Airport UFO Sighting -- UPDATE: Photos & Analysis

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2007 @ 11:46 PM
link   

FIGUER .....C

Apologies for large pic, but this is an importent topic

If some one can MODIFY ALL pics, to show/mark where the object was roughly sited and post them, i will ask the MODS to remove these posts.

just thought id get hem up there so anyone glazing through can get a good idea of the area in question

[edit on 23-1-2007 by Anomic of Nihilism]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
According to the witness' the UFO would have been approximately in the yellow circle you see here.

[edit on 24-1-2007 by lost_shaman]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
It looks to me like it was taken from a plane, either landing or taking off. That would make sense to the position of the object, if the window restricted your positioning, etc.

I've seen tons of cell phone pics and can say the quality represents what you would get from your typical 1.3 camera phone, which is unfortunately, crap. Would also make sense, if it was a beginner user of a cell phone camera, that it took him this long to get it off his phone lol!

Why hasn't mr. 00000000 said anything more here? It's not like you've produced an alien craft or anything. No one cares until you have something bad a** to show, then and only then do the men in black come to say hello. What you've got here is your everyday, blurry, bad picture, low quality maybe it's a UFO photo. No time stamp, no camera or data info, etc. These are a dime a dozen, so relax mr. 00000000 ;-), and welcome to the real reality.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:16 AM
link   
this is so ghetto, we get a pic and this is what we get.... I can't believe everyone hasnt jumped all over this

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I think it might be worth pointing out that this thread was on the verge of dying when almost prophetically someone anonymously posts a picture that very much fits the bill of the sighting. I find that, at the least, ironic.

Thoughts?

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Nice one Lost shaman.

Ill Talk to the mods 2moro about the need,or not for the BIG pic of the airport to be up there, is nice to get a perspective though.

Is there anyway to check "00000000"'s activities, ie if he's been watching the thread, or just posted and left?

[edit on 24-1-2007 by Anomic of Nihilism]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   
i know. I thought ATS would be getting hammered,
maybe most people are in bed

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Some observations:

The ground in the photo is at an angle of 8.8 degrees from the horizontal. This and the height could suggest that this images was taken from within a plane at either takeoff or landing.

The UFO is level with the frame. The explanation for this could be that the UFO is not outside of the plane (on window, camera lens, etc). Or it just could be a coincidence that the UFO was flying at a strange angle.

There is bad artifacts around the UFO when zoomed in. Could be explained by the poor quality of the camera phone. Also could indicate image manipulation.

Why is the UFO not in the center of the frame? The picture is taken so that you can see the airport in shot below. The photographer could have planned this or fluked it. It gives a very good reference point. Maybe too good.

More images from different view points would be very helpful! I wish we could see them also.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Thoughts?

Well it DOES coincide with roughly the right amount of time for "rampangentX" to "get hold" of the pic. It being only a few days since that dialog.

Maybe some one should contact a MOD to say "hey, WE have a PIC", they put the headline up up before saying "O'HARE UFO WITNESS",

This is surely up there with that when all we can do is judge this on the same merits.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Wow toasty thats awesome info !

Thanks a bunch man !

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Boy, this is interesting. With all the great analysis provided by you folks I'm going with water droplet. Although, if you think about that theory wouldnt the droplet be distorted in the direction of the wind drag?

I am glad that we are finally seeing something, but its hard to take serioulsy when its not that clear and convincing.

Where is our favorite insider rampage? Notice how he has dropped off the board since being questioned. He couldnt have expected to not get any heat from his claims, could he? Get some thick skin pal. Second, if you are still watching this thread what do you think of the photo? Is it consistant with what you saw?

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Yeah, Exellent.

That some really good info.

So we can assertain that the picture WAS taken uder unique circumstances.

With the angle that the pic was taken coupled with the elevation...

Not a position you'd regularly find your self in.

its deffinately high up, so the "cockpit" photograph is fitting at the moment.

if someone was hoaxing, they wouldn't think this far into detail....we hope

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anomic of Nihilism
Yeah, Exellent.

That some really good info.

So we can assertain that the picture WAS taken uder unique circumstances.

With the angle that the pic was taken coupled with the elevation...

Not a position you'd regularly find your self in.

its deffinately high up, so the "cockpit" photograph is fitting at the moment.

if someone was hoaxing, they wouldn't think this far into detail....we hope

Thats what sways me towards more than a fake. If there were to fake it they would have to somehow elevate themselves to that height, take a photo of sky over an airport at sunset and then go home to photoshop the UFO in... it really does seem like too much work for the average hoaxer.

That being said, that doesn't mean it isn't a hoax. They have had a couple of months to do it. Just doesn't feel like a hoax.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Props to Toasty. Dang man, I would have been satisfied with just "looks real to me" ;-)

I'm tellin ya, I've seen tons of cell pics and this is right in there. Guys in the plane, although I would not say it was taken by the pilot or from the cockpit, and by the time he gets his camera phone to actually "take" the picture, the ufo is off frame. Remeber, he's going what, 100mph? More? Also, if he was moving when taking the photo (the camera, not actually moving in the plane) you would see much more blurring, possibly a complete unusable photo. To me, the guy does not have much time, grabs his phone that was "off", turns it on, and snaps a photo before the thing was completely out of his view.

Yes, all the above is complete speculation, but it sure is fun thinking about how it may have happened ;-) If it turns out to be a hoaxed photo, good job, and shame on you, all at the same time. I have to wonder why the photo just pops up when this thread is about UFO'd out like said above. However, another view on that is there are people like us that don't want it to die, and they are getting to the point where they see the need for something like a photo, and are biting the bullet and sending it in, under fear of "the visit". Either or, I suppose something here is better than nothing, but I, like you, would sure like a glossy, 8x10 perfectly exposed saucer photo ;-)

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Maybe the reason this thread wont die is because it SHOULDNT yet. We have been waiting for the video or photos to be released, and now it seems like the trickle has begun. This cant be the photo that everyone was talking about being released since the person who had the most convincing photos were in "discussion" to have it released.

Have a hard time believing a guy called 0000000 would post the aformentioned photo in this way instead of through the media. So, the next stage of discussion begins. . and the thread continues to discuss one of the most important sightings in all of UFOlogy.

[edit on 24-1-2007 by amongus]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
Maybe the reason this thread wont die is because it SHOULDNT yet. We have been waiting for the video or photos to be released, and now it seems like the trickle has begun. This cant be the photo that everyone was talking about being released since the person who had the most convincing photos were in "discussion" to have it released.

Have a hard time believing a guy called 0000000 would post the aformentioned photo in this way instead of through the media. So, the next stage of discussion begins. . and the thread continues to discuss one of the most important sightings in all of UFOlogy.

[edit on 24-1-2007 by amongus]

I'm thinking it might be the photo that our informant was talking about before his disappeared. Maybe got hold of it and made a new account to post it so that it wasn't traced back to him specifically.

That... or it is a hoax... Just throwing things out there. I'm fairly sure that if this photo is proven un-tampered with that the media will grab a hold of it.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by scififan]
No date, no camera info. What does this tell us? Not much, other than to say the picture was more than likely taken with a camera phone as your source suggests.

Actually, it doesnt tell us that at all... Not a single picture on my PC has that information within it, so what it does prove is a: unless that information is explicitly defined, it failes to be represented, OR, that downloading web images fails to include such data & his camera does not include such data, or its been removed from the image.

It does not tell us exclusively that this image was made with a mobiel phone. Nor with a web cam. Nor a digital image downloaded off the net, edited and then filtered so as the included image renders the same lesser quality as a mobile phone image.. etc etc.

Again one thing stick in my mind.. WHy is the image in the top right corner, if it was the focus of attention?

Also the person posting has only JUST registered. had it been a long time member Id be more inclined to agree.

Sorry, but I call hoax. and I hate people like me... ;/

[edit on 24-1-2007 by badw0lf]

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Im glad SOME photo has finnaly surfaced, yes the timeing is rather odd, as the thread was losing its peak intrest, but the photo it self is consistent with the eye-witnesses acounts.

The reason for not centering the object is so that there is some refrence to compare the object with, being able to see the ground lets you determine many diffrent things.

The image is the same cruddy pic quality that you would expect someone to snap with a phones camera.

As for the poster, i hope that they protected them selfs, and that one possiblility is that some mod gave a witness directions on how to protect thier IP adress, and told them to make new acount, and post.

In my book, that picture is the real deal, and by that i mean, it was taken on the day in question of some object in the sky, thats all we can say.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I really think this picture deserves more attention than its receiving. Alittle MOD help would be great *hint hint* (big header at top of page) *hint hint*

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Have a hard time believing a guy called 0000000 would post the aformentioned photo in this way instead of through the media.

Media? You are aware that the "media" don't want people to know that ET are here, right? Read the Media Control CIA document on the front page at www.disclosureproject.org... - stated plainly in black and white that they have the ability to pull sensitive stories in the national interest.

To the guy who said he has a hard time believing a guy who has just signed up and posted the pic - this new member could well be the pilot himself - ever thought that? Coming from a guy who is only a new member himself, how shall I rate your relative credibility? My conclusion is that your membership status has nothing to do with the resources you bring to the table. Healthy skepticism is fine, but all this "oh it's fake because his username is stupid and the object is not in the center of the pic" is uncalled for. I know that cellphone pics are fiddlesome to snap at the best of times, let alone being a pilot on the spur of the moment caught unawares. I'm happy to take all we can get at this stage. For me, the object and photograph checks out as being consistent with the eyewitness accounts.

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join