It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O'Hare Airport UFO Sighting -- UPDATE: Photos & Analysis

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Personally I'm put off by the lack of the witnesses either ability or willingness to provide any corroborating evidence of their authenticity as witnesses to this event.
I've contacted those who've spoken publicly in private and assured them of my honest intent to keep them anonymous and have still not recieved any replies.

In all fairness there should be someone who can provide some type of documentation that would verify they are who they say they are.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 07:57 PM
link   
classified material,

For anyone wishing to attempt to file a FOIA request those questions might be handy to contemplate beforehand. Thanks for posting them.

It seems strange that you'd receive flak on this FOIA request considering that there must be several Ufologists and Journalists like Hilkevitch and Davenport that also have filed FOIA request about this case , considering that anything eventually released to them is also going to be available to anyone else that requests the same information.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I made sure to word my FOIA request as best I could. I think I nailed it, and they're trying to do what they can to avoid having to file my request. But I already sent back my answers to their a.-f. questions.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by classified material
I made sure to word my FOIA request as best I could. I think I nailed it, and they're trying to do what they can to avoid having to file my request. But I already sent back my answers to their a.-f. questions.

youre being a little misleading here. the questions you were asked have nothing to do with the actual foia request and everything to do with your personal request to have the fees waived. they dont want to know why you want the information youve requested, but rather why you think you shouldnt have to pay for it.

[edit on 18-1-2007 by snafu7700]

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
rampagentx,

First and foremost I am not sent here to scare you away. I am like the others who post here, just looking for the truth. When I saw the huge discrepencies in your minor details I felt compelled to bring it to the others attention.
You do not have anything to worry about from me.
I have been trying to find out if anyone knows of any witnesses so that I can talk to them discreetly. Like I said I am fascinated with this subject. So far all I get is mostly apethetic responses or jokes. Personally i do believe those people saw something and I share your concern that it is being swept under the carpet.

I am curious what the supervisors said to the witnesses to get them to keep quiet. I will keep poking around to satisfy my own curiosity. Can you estimate about how many other employees were out there looking up at the object at the same time you were?

If you have details that are truthful and helpful at getting at the truth I would hope you would not keep it to yourself.

To the guy who said " It looks like they scared another good witness away". I want to say that i cant sit there and let someone post untruths. Statements that i knew to be a lie. How credible is a witness in regards to his post if it is filled with some truth and some lies? Would you let a post go with statements that you knew to be unequivocal lies about something as important as this? I would hope not!! Leave the small details out if your going to lie, because any lie no matter how small will taint and ultimately destroy your credibility. I am proud that I called him on it. Because now everyone can decide if they want to believe him or not. It would be pretty hard to pinpoint him out of more than 1500 ramp personnel on the ramp for United. He just needs to leave the untruthful details out.

posted on Jan, 18 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I think its very important that potential witness' to major UFO events get properly vetted , but it's also very important that the vetting of the witness' does not become a 'stoning' in the 'public square'!

Some people likely deserve that , but those people are not going to be Involuntary UFO Witness' to major UFO events.

I really think the GREATER community needs to become more aware of this reality.

Also , everyone MUST realize that the UFO Phenomena does not rest on the shoulders of 11-12 United Employees! ( Get REAL ,have you seen these people on A&E ?! lol They are Human!!! ) The UFO Phenomena is something that has been ongoing for at least hundreds of years, these are people who simply reported a sighting that caused the Press and the FAA , and United to react.

For all we know several witness' could be reading ATS right NOW and trying to decide whether to come forward or not based on our actions/reactions right now!

Some things to think about.

[edit on 18-1-2007 by lost_shaman]

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by PHARAOH1133
Like UFO sightings start popping up when we are in the midst of a big up and coming war.
Hold on something big is going to happen soon, in my opinion.

Correct

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rampagentX
Okay. Im not good at chat, but here goes.

I work for United like you guessed by now.

We were ferrying a load of late bags for a 727 to F12 or 14, I don't remember now, when I saw what I thought was a widebody running off course out of the corner of my eye. When I looked up there it was just siting there, a gray shiny thing pretty high up, more than 1000 feet.

At first we thought it was really far away, because it was hard to focus on it, but it shifted left and right a couple times and thats when we knew it wasn't too far away. I looked up at the 727 cockpit and pointed to it then the crew saw it and was staring at it too. The pilot got on his radio and waving his arms like he was going nuts over what he was seeing. We figured it was a fat disc, like a M & M, about 20 feet wide but it was really hard to tell for sure because it was almost the same color as the clouds and if you looked away it was hard to find it and focus again. One of our crew ran to his locker to get his cellphone to take a picture.

It hung there moving really slightly from side to side for about another minute when we all felt our hair stand on end, and it just shot straight up into the clouds faster than anything we ever seen. It disturbed the clouds, like it made a big shockwave and we could see sunlight for a bit. We never got a picture but I don't think it would have come out very good anyway.

We could see a few other rats staring up at the hole and everyone was talking about it for a few days. Then the sups came and talked to all of us that we cant talk about this to anyone or we'd get fired. They said something about federal regulations and unauthorized reporting of false airspace breeches.

Last week, the sups came down again and reminded everyone about the regulations. Thats what made me think theres more to the story so I started searching online. I play pool with a buddy who told me about this website chat room so here I am.

I always thought people who believe in aliens were crazy but I don't know what that thing was. We see lots of aircraft come in even the fancy stuff that stays in the air when the President lands, but this thing was like nothing none of us ever saw.

Hi everyone hi rampagentX
Please look at the end of this page: pic1.funtigo.com...

[edit on 19-1-2007 by Bluegate]

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 04:26 PM
link   
what in particular are we supposed to look at? the quote you posted above or the mispelling of genuine? by the that quote should be taken with a grain of salt due to the comments made on the past couple of pages.

[edit on 1/19/2007 by homeskillet]

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by lost_shaman

For all we know several witness' could be reading ATS right NOW and trying to decide whether to come forward or not based on our actions/reactions right now!

Some things to think about.

[edit on 18-1-2007 by lost_shaman]

Great post shaman ..I'm with u in this !

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I surprised that the more detailed artist's sketch is in a brown hue, given that the cloud cover and object were described as grey. Looks like a bowl or contact lens shape. Maybe the observers were only seeing a field created by an object.
Quite interesting though...

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
i would assume that it is a brown hue due to the lighting of the picture.

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I just found the following article:

xzonenation.blogspot.com...

Obviously, for the people working at O'Hare, I don't think that the fact that they took a long time to report their sighting to NUFORC is not so unusual. First, they probably didn't know about NUFORC at the time; it's not exactly common knowledge. Secondly, there is a pattern of credible witnesses being reluctant to report their sightings because of fear of ridicule.

On the other hand, the fact that O'Hare is in a populated area makes it likely that there should be other witnesses. Also compelling is the argument that someone with a camera-phone or camera should have been able to capture it.

Makes for an interesting contribution to the mystery....

posted on Jan, 19 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Just did a few quick calculations with the aid of my trusty CAD program.

RampagentX reported the object he saw to be about 20FT across (diameter).

Another report described the object to be "about the size of a US quarter held at arm's length".

Reports claimed that the object hovered at between 700-1000ft altitude.

Now I hated Trigonometry in high school, so forgive me if these figures are a bit off, but as I figure it, a US quarter would cover an area about 22-23ft in diameter at 1000ft parallel to the ground (or at 0 degrees azimuth: directly overhead)

Sorry, but I will leave it to the more mathematically inclined to calculate the variances the altitude above the horizon when viewed might have on the object's actual size.

I just thought 20ft was a pretty good estimate, given the circumstances.

I wonder, does the fact that RampagentX's estimate and the comparison of the object to the size of the quarter constitute mutually supportive, independent statements, given their similarity?

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Just spent a few hours with a friend who works at O'Hare. he's in a different terminal so he didn't see anything but figures it's genuine because"The pilots and ramp rats were talking about it to each other" and pilots would NEVER willingly go out of their way to talk to a ramp worker. Just his .02$

mikell

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 05:12 PM
link   
to rampagentX:

please don't cease writing, i know that you wrote that you will "shut up". but don't let other people silence you, keep us posted, keep us up to date.

i've seen debunkers all over the internet. some are just skeptics that don't want to hear the truth so that their worldview is not destroyed. so they simply ignore it and say "no, this can't be true. it is not possible"

But some are "on the job" which means that they are paid to search the internet for articles related to things like ohare. if they are proofen to be true, they HAVE to debunk the messenger and/or the message, so that nothing leaks out and nobody will believe it and moves on.

don't stop posting the truth.

[edit on 20-1-2007 by AgainstSecrecy]

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 05:28 PM
link   
AgainstSecrecy -- I've been wondering about this myself because so many of these debunkers who are masquerading as 'fair' skeptics are just too persistent in their inquiries and abusive comments for us to consider that they are anything else but paid employees from somewhere who have been assigned to such tasks.

You can tell this is true because most of them are reading from the same script where if you examine their assaults, you will be finding the same sentences being used in one slight variation or another -- but the same nevertheless.

I think they want everybody here thinking that they are gov't disinformation agents but that's laughable because we all know why they are doing what they do and who they are working for.

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
AgainstSecrecy -- I've been wondering about this myself because so many of these debunkers who are masquerading as 'fair' skeptics are just too persistent in their inquiries and abusive comments for us to consider that they are anything else but paid employees from somewhere who have been assigned to such tasks.

You can tell this is true because most of them are reading from the same script where if you examine their assaults, you will be finding the same sentences being used in one slight variation or another -- but the same nevertheless.

I think they want everybody here thinking that they are gov't disinformation agents but that's laughable because we all know why they are doing what they do and who they are working for.

correct. the debunking comments i've read so far on the net sound all the same. always the same pharses and tactics.

this can't be coincidence.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   
This post by Xzonenation entitled "ohare-swiss-cheese-ufo-sighting", is itself full of cheesy smelly holes, like that of an old sock. Xzonenation hasn't even researched it properly! Lol!!!!!

Forget the time it took the witnesses to report to Davenport, and forget Davenport taking his time investigating and posting and forget the time it took to get the FOI request sorted out!. Time-scales in a case like this where you have virgin witnesses, is irrelevant!

Xzonenation read a few websites, listed a few ‘facts’, ejaculated over himself and made a blanket statement about UFO's.

What he missed, OUTRIGHT, and what I consider to be the most blindingly obvious red flag in the O’Hare case, is that two apparently independent witness reports from O’Hare state that the craft shot off to the east, whilst others state it bolted up through the clouds! More than anything I want to know what’s up with that, seriously.

RampagentX was going to get back to us on that one but has failed to do so. This doesn’t prove anything other than he is probably just really busy, or has no clue!

Here’s my advice to you Xzonenation (If you’re reading); clearly you have a massive chip on you’re shoulder, at the same time claiming to be impartial you're post reeks of outright disbelief, don’t give up you’re day job!

[edit on 21-1-2007 by phanton]

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join