It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whistling Language

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I'm not really sure if this belongs here or not, but I found this quite interesting. Especially the whole part about being able to hear it as far as 2 miles.
story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20031116/ap_on_sc/save_the_whistle_1

posted on Nov, 17 2003 @ 08:36 AM
link   
What an interesting find! I can see how it'd be very useful ... particularly if you didn't have your phone with you!

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 07:14 AM
link   
This does belong here!!! Nice one IKnowNothing...

The most amazing things can be done by humans. Although we do have a tiny whistling language in most parts of the western world.

The whistle to call someone's attention and the cat call!!!

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Thats quite an interesting find
I'd hate to imagine a world with this sole language..

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Phones, bloody phones. Does anyone allow telepathy anymore?

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I can understand a people using 'whistles' to communicate, its comphrehendable as birds do this. But i know a lady who told me there was once a culture and they used only one word 'oy' to communicate. I really don't believe thats possible and i've never been able to find any evidence on that. Anyone here heard of this strange unknown tribe?

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 06:34 PM
link   
wow, that's really interesting!
languages are i credibly interesting and it's great to see that people are working to see it preserved.
Sapphire, I haven't heard anything of that, but that too sounds really interesting.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 10:45 PM
link   
sapphire, I have heard of something to that extent. it's how the word is said, with the movement of the tongue, jaw, and throat, including volume. an example is that of words in asian languages, although different in caligraphy, a word may sound the same, however because of the way it is said could have two different meanings.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowNothing
I'm not really sure if this belongs here or not, but I found this quite interesting. Especially the whole part about being able to hear it as far as 2 miles.
story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20031116/ap_on_sc/save_the_whistle_1
This is a language that will probably become extinct with the advance of electronic communication technologies, much the way other indigenous languages around the world are becoming extinct or already have. It's good to have these interesting languages for variety in the human sphere, it's adds spice to the human intellect, developing capacities.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Actually I have heard of this culture... They were the most "DeVolVed" culture to have have saliva drop from their hanging mouths. They pronounced "Oy" much like the Redneckians happen to effortlessly say "duh" with a blank stare that makes statues crawl. The "Oy" are a clan of agents that are linked to the "Sod" brothers. Their "higher power" is from the 2nd level who gave these band of hoodlums authority over The Bathe Agents and the Fodder Organisms of the Bowl Of Pe and PooPoo. Basically what became of them at their peak is that the "PUNK" rock movement started to florish with bands like UK SUBS, The DAMNED, and the SEX PISTOLS. However due to excessive cheap alcohol and bad taste little can be seen of them today.. Some Occasions you might see a 12 year old kid with a Rancid shirt screaming Anarchy.. But just ignore him.. His pubes are starting to push!

Originally posted by Sapphire
I can understand a people using 'whistles' to communicate, its comphrehendable as birds do this. But i know a lady who told me there was once a culture and they used only one word 'oy' to communicate. I really don't believe thats possible and i've never been able to find any evidence on that. Anyone here heard of this strange unknown tribe?

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revebo
Actually I have heard of this culture... They were the most "DeVolVed" culture to have have saliva drop from their hanging mouths. They pronounced "Oy" much like the Redneckians happen to effortlessly say "duh" with a blank stare that makes statues crawl. The "Oy" are a clan of agents that are linked to the "Sod" brothers. Their "higher power" is from the 2nd level who gave these band of hoodlums authority over The Bathe Agents and the Fodder Organisms of the Bowl Of Pe and PooPoo. Basically what became of them at their peak is that the "PUNK" rock movement started to florish with bands like UK SUBS, The DAMNED, and the SEX PISTOLS. However due to excessive cheap alcohol and bad taste little can be seen of them today.. Some Occasions you might see a 12 year old kid with a Rancid shirt screaming Anarchy.. But just ignore him.. His pubes are starting to push!

hhahaha, good answer! makes quite a bit of sense, too.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 09:48 AM
link   
There are also languages that rely on clicking sounds.
Try listening to the recording here:

ad.doubleclick.net...;sz=468x60;tile=1;ord=389894

"Praising his language, Mukalap, a native southern African sent greetings in the late 1930s to an audience of European delegates at the Third International Congress of Phonetic Sciences in Ghent. That language, a symphony of clicks called !Ora (pronounced kora), was spoken over a large area of southern Africa. Today it survives less in memory and practice than in documentation, such as this recording."

There is a translation too.

I guess if you put your whistling and clicking dudes together they'd give the dolphins a run for their money.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 05:01 PM
link   
That link wouldn't work for me, but that would be really neat to hear.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The sneaky bugger had a redirect on it.
Try this one:

www.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 06:38 PM
link   
wow.. very interesting...
The translation is beautiful. thanks for the link.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 07:34 PM
link   

wink wink grin

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Another Fine Drink Of Your Massive Intelliect... I am truly honored!!!

wink wink grin

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Thank you... Remind me to mention The HAHA Agents sometime... ..... !!!!^^^^^AAAAAAAHHHAHAHAHAHAH^^^^ XX XY
The Records are found.....

Originally posted by parrhesia

hhahaha, good answer! makes quite a bit of sense, too.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 02:13 AM
link   
im going to spend the entire winter down at canary islands, ill teach you all when i get back from there

new topics

top topics

join