It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want my Gun Rack in the back of My Pickup

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 01:45 AM
link   
magestica,
wanting to keep our right to have guns because it is our right is flawed. Yes i agree that the ban on guns and thus our right to own an arm is a perpetuating cycle that may lead to the dissolve of other rights. But im pretty sure that more people will want to see a ban on guns than a ban on freedom of religion or speech. religion and speech do not kill people. neither does unreasonable search and seisure. in terms of our rights, the right to own a gun is like the odd one out, the black sheep.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Removing/banning guns ultimately removes other rights. For instance, hunting. What would someone who loves to hunt use then? Bow and arrow? Sure, those are just as safe as guns..

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by insite
magestica,
wanting to keep our right to have guns because it is our right is flawed. Yes i agree that the ban on guns and thus our right to own an arm is a perpetuating cycle that may lead to the dissolve of other rights. But im pretty sure that more people will want to see a ban on guns than a ban on freedom of religion or speech. religion and speech do not kill people. neither does unreasonable search and seisure. in terms of our rights, the right to own a gun is like the odd one out, the black sheep.

Religion is the reason for almost everything. Religion is what makes middle eastern countries different from ours. Religion is why terrorists flew into the world trade center. Religion is why isreal and palistine kill each other with suicide bombs every day. Religion does kill my friend. Unless you will admit that it is the person killing and not the religion??? HMMMMMM.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I never once said religion and speech kills
However, now that you mention it..it's possible. *sigh*
Banning guns is not an answer to Americas problems with death tolls and crime. But that's another thread.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Russian,
yes i still believe that guns should be banned. Because that would make it alot harder for you to get your hands on a gun. The only reason that gun violence is so rampant in this #ed upo place is because there are people parading around upholding a right that doesnt make sense in the modern world. chances are, if you were to really want to kill my family with a gun, you deserve to get everything the state has planned for your ass, including a generous #ing courtesy of the others like you.

by the way im no #ing demoncrap

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 01:51 AM
link   
insite,

is your name an oxymoron?

life is hazardous to human health period.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Russian,
yes i still believe that guns should be banned. Because that would make it alot harder for you to get your hands on a gun. The only reason that gun violence is so rampant in this #ed upo place is because there are people parading around upholding a right that doesnt make sense in the modern world. chances are, if you were to really want to kill my family with a gun, you deserve to get everything the state has planned for your ass, including a generous #ing courtesy of the others like you.

No, violence is prevalent because we are human. We kill each other. We compete. We have different opinions. It all comes down to the fact that people kill each other regardless. You know its true. I dont see why you cant admit it to us all here. At least admit that banning guns wont stop the problem. If I am a psyco, I will kill anyway. Guns can and do prevent crimes and murder every day. They could have prevented many more if they were more accepted in society. Like I said before. How many people would still be alive today if those pilots had guns. Not only the people in the planes, the people in the buildings. But the people in the middle east that have had nothing but bombs up their butts. How many lives?

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 01:55 AM
link   
it does occur to me that the person behind the weapon, be it a 767 or an AR15 is responsible. just look at it like this. guns kill more people than terrorist attacks on US soil every year. that was 2001 and more people die than in that incident every single year. you take away the most efficient, accessible easy to use weapon of all and watch the death toll drop like a stone.

religion does kill, i made a mistake, but its not the freedom of religion that kills whereas its the freedom of owning a god damn gun that does.

*hunters? hunters rights? its 2003 almost 2004? what use is there for a hunter?

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 01:56 AM
link   

it does occur to me that the person behind the weapon, be it a 767 or an AR15 is responsible. just look at it like this. guns kill more people than terrorist attacks on US soil every year. that was 2001 and more people die than in that incident every single year. you take away the most efficient, accessible easy to use weapon of all and watch the death toll drop like a stone.

religion does kill, i made a mistake, but its not the freedom of religion that kills whereas its the freedom of owning a god damn gun that does.

*hunters? hunters rights? its 2003 almost 2004? what use is there for a hunter?

Ok, guns kill more people than a 747 does. How many people die a year due to wars over religion?

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Russian,

Is it hard to come by with a bomb?(smaller bomb?)

No if I want to get a bomb I can.

Thats why if you ban guns I will still find one.

Also when alchol got banned did people really not have it?

Also I would # you the goverment for killing you and your family but who cares I already killed you and your family!

So you are a Moron.

No guns mean no protection!

Also if you take my GUN I CAN KILL YOU WITH A KNIFE!

Maybe THEY SHOULD BANNED KNIFES!?

Shut up

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 01:58 AM
link   
there are alot of people out there who are not psycho, who kill in the heat of the situation and kill just because they have no morals or place to go in life. YES PEOPLE DO KILL BECAUSE THE HUMAN RACE IS INHERENTLY PRONE TO VIOLENCE, but guns are what makes it easy. they are a problem. take away the tool and it becomes alot harder

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Wasn't aware the year had anything to do with hunting..Oh well.

Try to see the points being made, sleep on them or whatever..because there is/are credible and valid points being made by several posters against banning guns.

link   

there are alot of people out there who are not psycho, who kill in the heat of the situation and kill just because they have no morals or place to go in life. YES PEOPLE DO KILL BECAUSE THE HUMAN RACE IS INHERENTLY PRONE TO VIOLENCE, but guns are what makes it easy. they are a problem. take away the tool and it becomes alot harder

Guns didnt make it easier in the days before. What about the days in the first, second, third, fourth century? People killed each other then.....I would bet if I looked into it at a higher rate than they do now.

link   

I CAN KILL YOU WITH A GUN AND WITH A KNIFE!

IT DOESNT MATTER TO ME!

IF YOU DIDNT KNOW A GOOD KNIFE WILL GO ACROSS

YOUR THROAT LIKE KNIFE ON THE BUTTER!!!!

GO SELL YOU PROTECTION BUT DONT MESS WITH MINE!

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 02:02 AM
link   
russian,
lets be reasonable. If you really wanted a gun, you most definately could get one. but what about the people who do not need a gun, come across one, realise the power it holds and lose all sense of reality. they shoot, they maim, they kill over what? a single experience. taking away guns would make it hard for the average joe to get one. thats garunteed. the psychos would remain, yes thats true, but what about the person who isnt a psycho, the person who only kills by mistake or error in judgement. beleive me it makes up a majority of the death toll and it can be stopped by simply passing legislation

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 02:06 AM
link   

russian,
lets be reasonable. If you really wanted a gun, you most definately could get one. but what about the people who do not need a gun, come across one, realise the power it holds and lose all sense of reality. they shoot, they maim, they kill over what? a single experience. taking away guns would make it hard for the average joe to get one. thats garunteed. the psychos would remain, yes thats true, but what about the person who isnt a psycho, the person who only kills by mistake or error in judgement. beleive me it makes up a majority of the death toll and it can be stopped by simply passing legislation

The average joe will kill with a knife if he is pissed at someone.

I the old times where people didnt have guns did that mean no murders?

No, people killed and will kill.

DONT TRY TO STOP IT!

ITS PART OF US!

WE ARE HUMANS!

insite

there you happy I shot you!

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 02:07 AM
link   
russian,
dude youre crazy. dont think i dont know about knives im on probation for a year for having a switchblade in my posession. ill tell you this much, from someone who knows, a gun will kill you easier than a knife. its pretty damn obvious. so dont go getting all disgruntled because i dont beleive in psychos like you owning a gun you crazy SOB. look at this if you cant see the difference, a gun will kill you from 0-infinity (name a distance) yards away, a knife will kill you in about a two foot range. you do the math and see whats easier. besides.

hey i dont even know why im arguing. i think everyone here can see the difference between shooting someone and attempting to slice their throat. two different weapons, two different policies, knifes not an issue, guns are.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 02:07 AM
link   

russian,

I am not a murderer. A few months ago I fell alseep at the wheel of my car. I caused a bad accident. Everyone is OK. Someone could have died. It is the same thing with guns. It is exactly the same situation. How many people die every day that dont have to because good people make mistakes. Oops I didnt tighten the bolt enough. BAM the entire steel column falls killing two people. I guess we should ban bolts too then. And cars.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 02:10 AM
link   
we are not talking about history, we are talking about issues that matter RIGHT NOW. guns kill too many people. take away the guns does not mean you resort to knives, that is an unfounded statement and you are pulling it out of the air. shoot me with your little emoticon gun. if russian is the only one im debating against im going to sleep, this person needs a head check and must visit a psychologist immediately

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 02:11 AM
link   

russian,
dude youre crazy. dont think i dont know about knives im on probation for a year for having a switchblade in my posession. ill tell you this much, from someone who knows, a gun will kill you easier than a knife. its pretty damn obvious. so dont go getting all disgruntled because i dont beleive in psychos like you owning a gun you crazy SOB. look at this if you cant see the difference, a gun will kill you from 0-infinity (name a distance) yards away, a knife will kill you in about a two foot range. you do the math and see whats easier. besides.

hey i dont even know why im arguing. i think everyone here can see the difference between shooting someone and attempting to slice their throat. two different weapons, two different policies, knifes not an issue, guns are.

First or all I am not crazy.

Second of all you made an issue that guns kill people.

so do knifes.

so my arguement is good.

I can by accident shoot you or stab you.

peace out I got to go to sleep.

wait got to first put my gun under my pillow just incase you come!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join