It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recommeded Reading for the Repugnant

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Did you just admit that you were wrong? that I was right? Run, the Apocalypse has come!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreamstone
Did you just admit that you were wrong? that I was right? Run, the Apocalypse has come!!!

No, I said there were 15 million slaves in the US. 45 million died on the voyage over.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 09:14 PM
link   
:bnghd: 45 million on the voyage over? I'm not even going to start on the math on this one. Needless to say, the dead on those slave ships did not outnumber the living. It all comes down to economics. Would you allow 3/4 of your merchandise to spoil on the way to its destination? Thats a good way to lose money, not make it. The slavers were all about money, and any ship that would have allowed 3/4 of the slaves to die would have been sold into slavery itself. If you got this from Zinn, its wrong, as are many statistics from that book. Just admit that you were wrong

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I read the Americans and the Zinn book...in high school. They are exceedingly well written, contain a lot of information, and in the Zinn case at least, have such a bias that what information it does have is almost unusable.

Did you read this book or just copy and paste from Amazon? Yet again Colonels posts are all hot air

Zinn's book may be heavily biases, but then again, so is any history book. Even what you see on history channel is heavily biased.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Wow
I think I stepped in something ?

Its OK ..I think it will wash off

[new guy drags foot as he runs away ]

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Everything that has ever been made has a bias. Simple as that. Intentionally misleading people in favor of this bias is wrong however

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 10:12 PM
link   

:bnghd: 45 million on the voyage over? I'm not even going to start on the math on this one. Needless to say, the dead on those slave ships did not outnumber the living. It all comes down to economics. Would you allow 3/4 of your merchandise to spoil on the way to its destination? Thats a good way to lose money, not make it. The slavers were all about money, and any ship that would have allowed 3/4 of the slaves to die would have been sold into slavery itself. If you got this from Zinn, its wrong, as are many statistics from that book. Just admit that you were wrong

Yeah, it does come down to economics. Slaves were so valuable that it was worth the lose---ALL THIS IS EXPALINED IN THE BOOK.

This is pointless. You're just using this as just an inane excuse so that you don't have to read. You refute every point with something made up with no facts so you don't have to read the book because it doesn't have pictures.

posted on Nov, 16 2003 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Obviously you can't read. I stated earlier that I read the book and thought it was a complete load of bull#.

Slaves were valuable, but so are ferraries. You don't see them busting up their goods.

You always moan about greed, greed made them try to presere as many slaves as possible. They wanted more money! Simple economics. Did you fail math sir Esquire?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join