It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fastest Aircraft in the World

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople

I think this is what people call the aurora though I am not sure: X-33

search1.nasa.gov...

The X-33 is a reusable launch vehicle, and may very well have black projects such as spaceplanes, etc hidden in it's shadow but the widely accepted consensus among those who (a. investigate such projects and (b. have good reputations is that the X-33 is probably not a high flying sub-orbit, reconaisance aircraft... and that is what the "Aurora" project is supposedly all about~

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Last I heard from Popular Mechanics, the X-33 project was being moved to "Area 6413," somewhere in the mountains at White Sand's Green River facility... and ahve another base, Dugway Proving Grounds, a couple of hundred miles downrange for runway landings.

Commentary on PM Article

However, this article I posted suggests that it is pure fantasy and I agree. The Air Force has no need to carry on the X-33 project in secret because it probably has something similar already running. Golden Rule of the Black World: whatever you see flying or in develpment today, is twenty years behind what they really have!

So, in my opinion, X-33 no, but something like it, yes! The USAF is very, VERY interested in capturing the orbital 'high ground." With the way the world is at the moment, there's no incentive to unveil sensitive black projects...

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Lampyridae,
DARPA's Project Falcon....."google" it.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 23-11-2003 by Seekerof]

jra

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   
jetsetter: the XB-70 had 6 engines actualy. not 8. just had to correct that

[Edited on 24-11-2003 by jra]

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl

Originally posted by Seapeople

search1.nasa.gov...

The X-33 is a reusable launch vehicle, and may very well have black projects such as spaceplanes, etc hidden in it's shadow but the widely accepted consensus among those who (a. investigate such projects and (b. have good reputations is that the X-33 is probably not a high flying sub-orbit, reconaisance aircraft... and that is what the "Aurora" project is supposedly all about~

It's the X-30.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The fastest plane that doesn't travel into space would be awarded to the Blackbird. Great plane, great, great plane indeed.

-wD

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The X-30 is a "space plane" that skims the edge of space at 4000 miles per hour,Galileo not a plane ,but it entered the atmosphere of Jupiter at 100000 miles per hour.
The X-30 is one of my favorites.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Try TR-38....

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 08:49 AM
link   
SR-71's max speed isnt mach 3.5 but about mach 6. It have combination of turbojet and ramjet engines. Ramjets starts to work on mach 3 no slower. So SR-71 have turbojet engines ONLY to achive mach 3. Like you see, its engines doesnt looks as normal turbojets.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdamS
SR-71's max speed isnt mach 3.5 but about mach 6. It have combination of turbojet and ramjet engines. Ramjets starts to work on mach 3 no slower. So SR-71 have turbojet engines ONLY to achive mach 3. Like you see, its engines doesnt looks as normal turbojets.

Why if it's max speed was mach 6, did it set the world speed record at mach 3.2 (2193Mph 3509Km/H)? Answer me that!

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 04:57 AM
link   
It is accepted that the record speed of the SR-71 is Mach 3.35, however, it is also known that the top speed of the aircraft is still secret. Why? So it's capabilities will remain a matter of guesswork, I'd imagine.
Due to limitations in the integrity of the structure, the aircraft is rated to fly no faster than Mach 3.5, and it'll burn all it's fuel within 45 minutes travelling at this speed.
Here is a nice site detailing it's capabilites:

www.voodoo.cz...

I found a site stating that the theoretical top speed is Mach 7 plus, but there is no real proof of this:

www.pilotfriend.com...

[Edited on 22-12-2003 by MacGonzo]

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 06:52 AM
link   
The NASA multi-year experimental hypersonic ground and flight test program, called Hyper-X, will demonstrate "air-breathing" engine technologies that promise to increase payload capacity -- or reduce vehicle size -- for the same payload for future hypersonic aircraft and/or reusable space launch vehicles. Built around the Hyper-X X-43 research vehicle, the first flight in this technology demonstration program is scheduled for mid 2001. It will be the first time a non-rocket, air-breathing scramjet (supersonic-combustion ramjet) engine has powered a vehicle in flight at hypersonic speeds -- speeds above Mach 5 or five times the speed of sound. This is equivalent to about one mile per second or approximately 3,600 miles per hour at sea level and far faster than any air-breathing aircraft has ever flown.

Payload capacity will be increased by discarding the heavy oxygen and its associated tanks that rockets must carry by using a propulsion system that uses the oxygen in the atmosphere as the vehicle flies at many times the speed of sound. Hydrogen will fuel the program's research vehicles, but it requires oxygen from the atmosphere to burn.

www.aemann.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 23 2003 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The X-15 landed like a brick. It took off from a bomber. And could only fly for 16 min. So, I will have to say the new fighter they are working on at Groom Lake is the fastest. I didn't hear the name of it yet, but I did hear it should go mach 12.

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   
the fastest OFFICIAL fighter jet is the Mig 25 Foxbat.Although it is rumoured that the F22 raptor with its new P&W engines can outrun it.Unofficially the fastest militairy aircraft would be a Vril Disk. oh and ive heard its the Aurora that theyre workin on at groom lake.ill post a link to a site with details in a moment... ahh sorry i cant find the site again.it showed a schematics of the three main designs that are going to be entered into the Auroras Dem/Val.this is fro memory but i think Lockheed Martin,Boeing and hmmmm...i cant remember other.. are all entering designs. BTW for those of you that have played C&C Generals that design is the Lockheed one

[Edited on 2-1-2004 by AlphaOfTheOmega]

[Edited on 2-1-2004 by AlphaOfTheOmega]

posted on Jan, 2 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
just want to clarify a couple of points.

NO turbojet in the world will propell anything to mach 3! so the spud who said that, needs to go back to class. when it reaches Mach 1, the cones at the intake move forward down the intake duct to restrict the airflow in the engine and to lower the ambiant pressure as it enters the combestion section. from this point it then becomes a Ramjet, capable of taking the aircraft to around 3,500 KM/H around Mach 3.3-3.5 depending on the temp of the air around the jet.

as for the raptor, go to Lockheed Martin company website

The Aurora has been spotted over the North Sea by oil rig workers, doing air to air refueling. and the tell tale contrails from a pulse detonation engine have been seen also from what im led to believe, the black projects are not tested at Nellis anymore, since its become too world famous. that have apparently set up camp in som fairly inhospitable mountainous area in Montana or something.

The Foxbat does near enough mach 3, and is the aircraft to hold the record for the fastest and highest Ejection, Mach 2.6 at 66,000 ft! Nice!

fastest Passenger Jet in the world, since the demise of concord is another 1960's design, the Vickers VC10, currently in RAF service as a passenger/cargo transport and Air to Air Refueling tankers. The Queen of the skies! wish i still worked on them, instead of the crappy Tornado!

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Hi! all iam new here..
Yep there sure was nothing like the blackbird..I think I was the only 10 year old girl that has a poster of her on her bedroom wall!!
.I have heard before that her top speed was faster than mach 3.4 ...that would be pretty amazing....I might be wrong but dose NASA still use a SR-71 for testing high altitudes and what not?

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   
I saw a show of blackbird pilots

who were shot at bye a rocket to air missle in the first golfware

The pilot just went to 100% thrust!

he hinted at a mach above 4 !!!! Im sure that the gov lies about the speed of most jets..

EDIT: YIKES blackhack hahaha iv been playing too much desertcombat!

[Edited on 3-1-2004 by Dmsoldier]

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dmsoldier
I saw a show of blackhawk pilots

ummm... blackhawk is a helicopter....

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 03:41 AM
link   
woops!!!

saw that right before i read your psot i was like "O SH*T"

I got mixedup from one of my favert games
www.desertcombat.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
the blackbird never had to worry about being caught by surface to air missiles, mach 3.5 was fast enough, and its top speed was around mach 3.5 all dependant on the air temp around the aircraft at the time. but at 80,000 ft cruising altitude, no SAM could reach it anyway so there was no need to accelerate away from it.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join